1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior Member

I think he understands you don't like his style, he's heard it plenty of times but if you haven't noticed. It's obvious he doesn't give a fuck.

Lol and you havent noticed that i dont give a fuck what anyone else thinks about literally anything? O the joys of being a borderline sociopath and never feeling the need to conform.

2. shibbel

shibbel Distinguished Member

Sq, I like the fit....but water your plants, bro!

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

are those 3d glasses from the theater ? would be great if they were just for the sake of price contrasting [​IMG]

4. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior Member

*put on ignore*
    Good, id prefer 5 foot 2 dwarftards not read my messages anyway, theyre for full sized humans only. Guess its good you can't read this right now, being insanely tiny i know you have a very fragile ego, and a napoleon complex. Actually the real reason i despise you is because of how rude you were to some noob who just wanted some help with shirting in another thread. Your internet powertripping is clearly an example of you overcompensating for your freakishly diminuitive size.

5. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

My aunt sold like 30k of art books about two yrs ago cause she wanted more space in her loft or some shit, considering used books don't go for that much (she did own a few exceptions that probably accounted for say 15K but the rest was regular stuff) I don't even want to think about how much of an hoarder she is. I like libraries and bookstores but I just have to keep a minimum amount and it's apparently a shitload compared to many. ps: Hatje Cantz=good shit, well Phaidon too, hell even fucking Taschen is great nowadays. If I'm not being snobbish I'd say the artbook world was never as good as now, especially w. the internutz for second-hand market. Back in the 70s a fucking Greenberg on Pollock cost like $100 for a mediocre release.
    It's pretty easy to get great stuff here. Even super limited self-published artist's books will pop up because certain store owners are friends with the artists, or even pay for the publication. Hatje Cantz is the most solid publisher I can think of. Phaidon books are great, but beaters. Opening Ceremony has made DAP books popular accessories and South Willard sells some good, slightly more obscure titles too. ^^sq, I hate that sweater, but thank you for your clean place.

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

It's pretty easy to get great stuff here. Even super limited self-published artist's books will pop up because certain store owners are friends with the artists, or even pay for the publication. Hatje Cantz is the most solid publisher I can think of. Phaidon books are great, but beaters. Opening Ceremony has made DAP books popular accessories and South Willard sells some good, slightly more obscure titles too.

^^sq, I hate that sweater, but thank you for your clean place.

Problem w. Phaidon is the spine is bound to unravel, especially on the large volumes. I guess the point of my whole rant was that art books have democratized, now you can get 2-3/month instead of eating at McD even if you're a student. Back in the days having 200 books on photography was major commitment.

8. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Distinguished Member

Fuuma + Tanner win
    fuuma: 10/10
    tanner: those shoes are so win

Sexonfabric + Kvc fail
    kvc: that shit all looks so boring. you spend a lot of $$ for little value i feel.

Perhaps I'll just post sales receipts from now on...

9. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

10. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's like a Sims live action movie...

12. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Problem w. Phaidon is the spine is bound to unravel, especially on the large volumes. I guess the point of my whole rant was that art books have democratized, now you can get 2-3/month instead of eating at McD even if you're a student. Back in the days having 200 books on photography was major commitment.
    I agree, but I still fall hardest for those published for gallery exhibitions. Finding a good one of these seems to be just as hard now as it was twenty or thirty years ago. The runs are still extremely limited, perhaps more so, and the prices are high, for books at least.

13. Fuuma

I agree, but I still fall hardest for those published for gallery exhibitions. Finding a good one of these seems to be just as hard now as it was twenty or thirty years ago. The runs are still extremely limited, perhaps more so, and the prices are high, for books at least.

Some are also tragic pieces of graphic design that detract from the actual content.

14. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Some are also tragic pieces of graphic design that detract from the actual content.

Huh? Unless the book itself is a project for the artist, galleries don't usually invest much into publications, not even serifs.

15. Fuuma

Huh? Unless the book itself is a project for the artist, galleries don't usually invest much into publications, not even serifs.

Softcover piece of shits w. badly sized piece from the artist and sometimes stupidly placed text kills me very often. YMMV. The all-white stuff is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.