The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

2. G0079

G0079 Senior member

It's called aspirational style...

lol

3. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Need opinions - Is this shirt way too short in the sleeves to keep? Im 6`4 so i always have this problem, i usually just roll the sleeves.. Its a medium, could go for a large but then itll probably be too big in the shoulders.. [​IMG]
    imo sleeves are not too short. it's maybe 1/4 to 1/2 an inch shorter than ideal. they probably wont show under a jacket though. the guy who says they're "comical" is out of his mind. it's a cool shirt imo you should wear it. the one thing that does bother me is that the placket seems to end before the point where you tuck it in. this shirt was meant to be worn with high waisted pants.

4. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

We almost went for the Sapien, but decided to just stack books on a thin piece of wood on the floor instead. Same visual effect and how often do you really reach for that copy of Air-Conditioned Nightmare?
    I'd actually prefer a wood version but my artbooks are at the bottom so I'd be fucked if I didn't have platters. I got 4 of the tall sapiens+books on another area+ a magazine area and I'm doing fine. Nothing looks as good as mags on the floor but hey... I must confess that I've got one of those magazine v-shaped stand that eveyr fucking decor mag had like 10 yrs ago (around the time I got it), at least mine is wood and not plexiglass. I honestly don't get people who like fashion but aren't into interior design. If it's about money or because you move around two much just get a mattress, a simple desk, a chair, a lamp and that's it.

6. Fuuma

or Fuuma on carpet?

It's not carpeted floor though, I have two Toutlemonde Bochard large carpets that I am rather fond of.

7. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Fuuma, is this your rooms fit pic? [​IMG]

8. Fuuma

Fuuma, is this your rooms fit pic?

[​IMG]

My Sapiens are completely hidden by books (can't see the base either) and most are in french so no ugly english language books with 3d exploding titles and electric yellow covers (dunno what's the problem w. anglo publishing houses but yuck). But yeah I got 4 sapiens near a wall and it looks like huge piles of books, actually also got smaller piles with no support in between. Doesn't look bad IMHO but YMMV.

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

It's not carpeted floor though, I have two Toutlemonde Bochard large carpets that I am rather fond of.

please step into my carpet store
    [​IMG]

10. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

I'd actually prefer a wood version but my artbooks are at the bottom so I'd be fucked if I didn't have platters. I got 4 of the tall sapiens+books on another area+ a magazine area and I'm doing fine. Nothing looks as good as mags on the floor but hey...
    I've pared down my books since we moved into the smaller unit, but artbooks are definitely at the bottoms of the piles. A lot of Phaidon and Hatje Cantz...some of the more valuable ones are at the gallery for now.
    +1, although my front yard looks like shit so I shouldn't cast stones.

11. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Fuuma + Tanner win
    fuuma: 10/10
    tanner: those shoes are so win

Sexonfabric + Kvc fail
    kvc: that shit all looks so boring. you spend a lot of $$ for little value i feel.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Tanner looks good but would be much better untucked.

13. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    r&b r&b spurr s2a

Jeans look really good. Deets?

14. Fuuma

I've pared down my books since we moved into the smaller unit, but artbooks are definitely at the bottoms of the piles. A lot of Phaidon and Hatje Cantz...some of the more valuable ones are at the gallery for now. +1, although my front yard looks like shit so I shouldn't cast stones.
    My aunt sold like 30k of art books about two yrs ago cause she wanted more space in her loft or some shit, considering used books don't go for that much (she did own a few exceptions that probably accounted for say 15K but the rest was regular stuff) I don't even want to think about how much of an hoarder she is. I like libraries and bookstores but I just have to keep a minimum amount and it's apparently a shitload compared to many. ps: Hatje Cantz=good shit, well Phaidon too, hell even fucking Taschen is great nowadays. If I'm not being snobbish I'd say the artbook world was never as good as now, especially w. the internutz for second-hand market. Back in the 70s a fucking Greenberg on Pollock cost like $100 for a mediocre release.

15. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.