• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clark Kent, colours look nice here. brown suede(?) with the mauve-ish coat work really well imo. notwithit, are those the 600 dollar chucks and youre just trolling?
laugh.gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Its my way of showing whats on the inside. Its like any other style here where people aspire to something. I'm communicating my inner me through this style, and I really could care less about how its perceived as "effemminate" to you. Lots of people dress in certain ways on here where they try to capture their personality because its simply to evoke something to others.

lol dude this is next level trolling

btw woodyear all of my clothes are men's clothes, i've never had any desire to be a woman, just to be a sexy *****

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by engines
V neck/514
Looks bottom heavy, which is cemented by the transition from a light tee down to clunky workwear boots

Slimmer jeans & less massive shoes could help maybe, as is you look like a construction worker on a hot day (pause)

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
lol, workwear. (kinda)
03092011a.jpg
03092011b.jpg
03092011c.jpg

jacket: vintage/inherited Unitog shirt: RRL belt: Unlucky (no vis) jeans: SExDBxSxS shoes: plebe Chucks gloves: no clue sticker: Red Cross koozie: PBR beer: Central City Red Racer IPA (Canadian, and having nothing whatsoever to do with Milwaukee) music: "Practice Makes Perfect" by Wire off Chairs Missing

I like this (extra points for Canadian beer). I wish I had jumped on those jeans when they came out.

trafficjam

Reaction score
im sorry to tell this to you uncontrol but if you dont fit into my rigid and myopic vision of clothing norms you must want to be a woman

its too bad you had to find out this way

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
Clothes aren't supposed to make you think of the other person naked. If that was the point, why would people wear clothes to begin with?
Mind blown, have I been failing?

sdx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
lol, workwear.

(kinda)

03092011a.jpg
03092011b.jpg
03092011c.jpg

jacket: vintage/inherited Unitog
shirt: RRL
belt: Unlucky (no vis)
jeans: SExDBxSxS
shoes: plebe Chucks
gloves: no clue
sticker: Red Cross
koozie: PBR
beer: Central City Red Racer IPA (Canadian, and having nothing whatsoever to do with Milwaukee)
music: "Practice Makes Perfect" by Wire off Chairs Missing

No hatin' on MKE, c'mon...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Woodyear
I was not saying that people who read this forum are girly or gay, i was stating that precisely anyone who holds such an opinion (that style forumers are girly or gay soley by virtue of being members of style forum) is in fact an immature redneck.
I didn't misunderstand it. That post from the ToJ thread had you wagging your finger at people who think a guy is gay or girly for caring about how he looks or clothing. I got that. I quoted that to show the irony of your later post here where you claim Uncontrol wants to be a woman (i.e. is girly) strictly based on how he dresses. Do you really not see the contradictions in your statements? You wagged your finger at people for doing something and then did it yourself.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
f58bbf1a.jpg

everything looks way too big and your hairstyle makes you look you're missing a van and a sack of candy.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure how i feel about that blazer fit SVB. lol @ teger
laugh.gif

coldforge

Reaction score
I don't know if everything looks way too big, but the cardigan looks way too big. And the shoes too, though there's more factors at work there, obviously.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
svb i think you're a good example of someone buying clothes but not having a set style. what makes someone good vs someone not look good is intangibles like how you wear the clothing / what personal touches you put on it. you just look like some awkward mannequin. try wearing in your clothing instead of just wearing it.

themidship22

Reaction score
SVB, your efforts at wearing more than shirt, pants, and shoes has failed you. I can't decide what style you are going for, but you currently dress boring. I think maybe a nice ToJ bomber in brown or whiskey would look legit over your normal daily attire.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themidship22
SVB, your efforts at wearing more than shirt, pants, and shoes has failed you. I can't decide what style you are going for, but you currently dress boring. I think maybe a nice ToJ bomber in brown or whiskey would look legit over your normal daily attire.

dude that would just be full-on dad status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads