1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Snake, looks great.

Tween, I actually think this looks good, other than the t-shirt which looks odd. I think it might be bc the collar is really think and just doesn't work with the blazer, which is amazing.

How do you like those duckie brown shoes? I ordered that exact pair a few days ago...

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

dope, but why so bundled up??

always clean.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

thanks for all the input guys.

I should have been more clear I guess, the tee is just an old supreme x hanes (what i actually wore out in this heat, along with some WWM shorts) and I didn't bother to put on some sort of oxford although I normally would. Most likely a white one since the pants are a blue oxford cloth/color. I like Jet's idea of some yellow in there, I'm trying to keep it to the classic prep spectrum for something like this.

The big pants + slim blazer is something I've been juggling around in my head for a while, and figured I might as well test out. I tried pinrolling them too but that looked stupid, and I tried them with some darker shoes but they're heavy duty longwings and felt it messed up the summer vibe. I'm considering getting them hemmed to be ankle length with an actual cuff though.

I can't tell if 123abc is just messing around but the blazer is navy blue.

Maybe I'll tweak it out a bit on a nicer day and get a photo with some better lighting to see how it really comes out.

thatguymj - I've grown to really like these bucks and I wear them just about every day now, they're really comfy and super lightweight. Good summer shoes.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I understand what you're going for with the Junya runway theme Tween, but the cut of the pants seems a bit off. Junya def. has pretty loose pants on the runway, but they don't fit the same way as the ones you picked out. I can't quite pinpoint the reason for this...

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Hellooooo

[​IMG]

N&F
    RG
    YSL

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Stazy channeling Tagutcow (no hate, promise!)

7. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Well thought-out response.

As far as the shirt is concerned, there are a few different options. I specifically dislike H&M shirts because they tend to have really low-cut armholes, which means they end up being cut wider through the body, and the collar seems to get messed up after a couple of wears and washes. As far as cheap goes, I find that the Gap slim fit shirts actually aren't bad. I buy the medium tall shirts and have them tapered and hemmed (the latter so I can wear them untucked), and it's a decent fit. There are also some online made-to-measure options. You'll probably have some sizing misfires before you get it down pat, but you can end up with some reasonably priced well-fitting shirts. If you want to try it out, Modern Tailor (one of the affiliates, I think you'll see them as a "featured sponsor" with a link to their site if you go to the Men's Clothing sub-forum) has a cheap introductory offer.

As far as the SF "uniform" is concerned, I feel like there's kind of a diversity of styles that get love here, but there's probably a long and seemingly baffling list of no-nos as well. Dunno.
    It can be kinda tough to find the balance between tuckable and untuckable in a button-down. You can have the tailor take more off the front and back than the sides when hemming, which may help keep it in that range. I just basically always untuck, since I can.

8. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

^ Thanks notwithit, solid advice. Much appreciated.

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

So fresh, so clean
    That coat is awesome, kind of a Fall look though

10. Navi

Navi Senior member

xpost from MC- i think this is SW&D enough to apply here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

♫ It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor...

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  13. Navi

Navi Senior member

Mr Rogers Steez? Can I now claim that I have arrived? :slayer:

14. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Love Stazy's photo. Du got a crazy smile.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

It was a fall day yesterday. It's summer again now, 20c or so, but this morning it almost broke freezing.

16. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

bored while waiting for a reservation, so fall preview!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a feeling I'm going to live in this jacket. I layered it with a bunch of different things and I liked them all. (under barbour, over blue baseball jacket, under vest, etc. But part of my still wants to get an oversized camo parka instead, since I have so many waist-level jackets. And this one would be redundant with my green junya one.

Thoughts?

5 people like this.
  17. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

^Get a cheap oversized fatigue jacket

18. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

+1 I think the style of dressing most appreciated here is great: v sharp, but somewhat safe, almost a uniform, and not necessarily the kind of style u see a lot of or is appreciated IRL. the PS is de rigeur for WAYW jacket and tie fits but rarely found any where else ... and generally considered somewhat dandyish. Take a look at the Wall St Journal, for example, and count the number of pocket sq's. Not a common affectation amongst the biz elite even tho many are wearing tailored suits and some even dress reasonably well. :uhoh: Men who clearly know a lot about cloth and clothes and fashion and are models of well-dressed trans-Atlantic style don't necessarily dress in an SF approved way - Simon Crompton, for example, won't often put PS and tie in the same fit. If he posted here anon he'd prob be pulled up on it. Likewise say Luca Rubinacci mixes styles in ways that IMO works most of the time, but strays from many of the conventions of color, pattern, cut and cloth here, even some of Spoo's fits that been trashed for being too 'interesting' are amongst his best looks, again IMO. def I like to see (mostly) perfect combinations from peeps like Holdfast and M Breinin but would also like to see more risk taking by peeps who know the basics

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Works for me.

Love the tie.

Anybody got a bead on a decent knit tie like that? Doesn't need to be baller, just acceptable on the off chance the need for a tie arises.

20. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Your post is somewhat contradictory. You start off by saying that a lot of the fits on SF are "dandyish" and not representative of what you see in real life and then you conclude by saying that you'd like to see people take more risks here. Doesn't make much sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.