1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123abc123

123abc123 Senior member

The latter. I think you first need a cohesive color scheme, rather than a contrasting one with black and white and a formal pattern from the linning of the blazer, to be able to abating such a look. The shirt should probably larger and longer-if going with a crue cut- this should probably be draped and then be "hugged" by the structured and "rigid" blazer... + the shoes dont seem to go with the whole idea.

2. rapefruit

rapefruit Senior member

I think the tee looks out of place. Try with a shirt and tuck it in.

3. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

I hear that about three times a week. Most lately from some Rasta friends in Jamaica who haven't seen me in a while. And, the other week, as I was walking down Melrose (mistake #1), an open air tourist bus passed and the guide announced, "Look, it's Kid Rock!" and all the foreigners rushed to the side to take my picture. It's just the hat and the hair...Kid Rock is ugly as sin.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Hahahahaha that is hilarious

5. Lel

Lel Senior member

Couple things.

1.) The tee. Just not working. Dunno' what to suggest, maybe even v-neck, but not that.

2.) Something not working right about the ankle area, bare skin is not a good look. Either needs to be boots or have some colorful socks thrown in.

Not sure if these will fix the outfit but it's heading in a right direction, just not 100%.

6. steezin

steezin Senior member

Wow tween spirit looks horrendous.
    I like the fit of the blazer, but i hate the lining and gold buttons.
    Burn those trousers.

7. jet

jet Senior member

all you need is a light blue oxford to bring everything together and some yellow socks

2 people like this.
  8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Jeans and shoes look great, but IDK about the rest of it. I think long, stringy hair - heavy metal hair, for lack of a better term - rarely looks good, and this is no exception. Add in the hat, and it's two questionable tastes that taste vaguely trashy together, like you should have a guitar case in one hand and a mostly empty bottle of Jim Beam in the other. Also, I don't have a problem with cheaping out in some areas, but I feel like H&M button-up shirts are rarely the best way to do so.
    Agreed, hat and vest kill the fit for me.

Also, noobizor, I'd say the shirt is a little too long. Tuck or have it hemmed. Even just an inch would help.

Tween, it looks like a bunch of decent stuff that doesn't necessarily go that well together. Swapping out the crew neck for a u/wide/boat neck would help, and the blazer just looks a little too contrasty-y with all of that light-colored stuff. Not necessarily bad, but it could be better with some adjustments.

snake fit is fantastic.

Not feeling the distressed canvas-ish look of the overcoat in AR's fit. I realize it's probably something way baller, but the material just has a fast-fashion-from-last-decade look to it. Jeans and boots are pure sex, though, and it'd be interesting to see how it all works together sans overcoat (is that a Stark cardigan underneath)?

9. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

I actually like the bottom half of tween_spirit's look...nice to see a fuller cut. The blazer is too busy (lining and buttons) to go with the bottom half.

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Shoes look terrible tween, sell them to me :p

Seriously though I like it but agree with jet that an Oxford shirt would work beret than the t.

11. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

He looks like a clown to me.

12. jet

jet Senior member

^you sound like an idiot to me

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Snake that is awesome, really clean and nice colors. Kg that fit is literally ruined by the douchers on your feet. AR: :slayer:

14. jet

jet Senior member

where are these colors everyone keeps talking about in my boy snake's fit?

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

The shirt is like a light blue-grey with a plum-ish collar I think. I guess that's really it.

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

jabonator you look like such a wannabe hispter 18 year old =/

17. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Trashy brings all the girls to the yard :slayer: But I hear you, thanks for the feedback. And guitar case and Beam is not far off the mark for me. Agree about cheapness of H&M shirt and def need to up shirt game. The thing I really like about that shirt, though, is it is super comfy. It stretches- fitted but doesn't restrict movement, and I move a fucking lot. Would love to hear suggestions for quality versions.

By the way, this raises an observation I've had for some time as I've lurked the forum...there don't really seem to be *that* many different styles here. Of course, Zissou and Snake and Uncontrol and a few others have distinct and defined styles but, for the most part, everybody dresses strikingly the same. Some people do it very well but it's still pretty homogenized. It seems anything out of the ordinary often gets a lot of negative criticism, regardless of its execution.

It's a shame, because I really like seeing different looks. Part of why I'm here is to expose myself to styles and looks and items that I wouldn't be aware of otherwise (it's how I discovered my Roys, which I love). But I don't get much out of seeing the same Gitman shirts and Quoddy shoes post after post. I understand that a lot of people post to get feedback and improve (me included) but a lot of people seem to post to show off and I just don't really understand *what* they are showing off.

While I wouldn't wear what Uncontrol wears, I love that he wears it and I look forward to seeing his fits because they are interesting. I would love to see other people express themselves more freely. The fit I posted, in fact, is one of my more subdued looks and I still fully expected to get some criticism (of the hat and hair, specifically). Anyway, you guys have probably talked about this before, I just wanted to share because sharing is caring.

Word, I'm going to go the gym now and work out til I puke. Have a great Saturday friends!

18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Thanks. I'm trying to find slimmer shirts I can just untuck after work. I'll look into hemming....

19. KendallAndKendall

KendallAndKendall Senior member

20. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

BTW, I like Tween's fit and I don't know shit about shit but, when I visualize it, it seems to me that Jet's suggestions are right on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.