Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

This sounds like pretty much the only reason to do anything.

skinny and pale?

It's been done to death already

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

And yet never gets old.

3. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

wj4 - you know, if you buy some wax/gel or what ever you are able to shape the hair the way you want it, if your at work you just form a more conservative hair cut, or doesnt shape it at all.

I only understand that its easier, but then you must decide if you want to improve your look or having it the easy way [​IMG]

Even the faux-hawk you mentioned earlier is made by styling your hair with products, it can easily be laid flat if required.

4. raags

raags Senior member

Hippie magician steez [​IMG] Random Indian Market Scarf Uniqlo Crewneck Sweater Random Japanese Hippie Shop Bag Uniqlo Pants Clarks Desert Boots comments and critique appreciated

5. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

i hope im not the only one, but im kind of like wtf right now... i know what you're looking to do, but to me the outfit is not cohesive at all...

i guess ditch boots for moccs, .. i dont know what to say

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Been wanting a pair of pants like this forever, basically wool pajamas with drawstring waist and ribbed hems - perfect for bumming around in the snow we've had lately [​IMG] [​IMG] Rick Geller jun hashimoto carpe

7. Dreamlol

Dreamlol Member

*prepares himself to get mentally raped*

First post in WAYWT, input? (Sorry 'bout the crappy pic, I have 0 photography skills).

[​IMG]

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Those jeans are bad. They don't fit, they look cheap.
    Don't put a crew neck t under a v neck sweater.
    Don't belt tuck.
    Not a fan of the sunglasses.
    The shoes are wearable but for summer a pair of white achilles lows would be a good "dressed by the internet" investment.

Now that that's done, NicelyNice, I am not sure about the relaxed cut pants pairing with a relatively slim leather, at least the way it's done there. Seems to me different outerwear is called for.

9. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

Hippie magician steez

http://i.imgur.com/l9aEA.jpg[IMG]
    Random Indian Market Scarf
    Uniqlo Crewneck Sweater
    Random Japanese Hippie Shop Bag
    Uniqlo Pants
    Clarks Desert Boots

comments and critique appreciated[/I]

Someone else mentioned how this outfit isn't cohesive at all -- I think that's a pretty good summary.

It's just really visually busy and the pieces don't look like part of a whole at all.

The pants don't really give off a hippie vibe, and the boots definitely don't. The whole bottom half is totally different from the aesthetic you're going for. Plus with the patterned pants, it's also perhaps a bit busy.

The sweater is pretty standard, and just looks more basics/prep than anything (which is fine, but again not what you're going for, per your post).

I could see the scarf and the bag working with the look you're going for (and the necklace even too, although personally I'm not a fan), but you'd need to probably scrap the rest and start over.

10. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

Don't belt tuck.
    The shoes are wearable but for summer a pair of white achilles lows would be a good "dressed by the internet" investment.

That look would be better with a looser/lighter knit sweater or cardi, and maybe like a club-collar OCBD underneath, like an Ervell type shirt, I think. Personally I would cuff the jeans, too.

+1

It's a little disjointed between top and bottom. Nothing egregious, but the pants look better in the pic without the jacket.

Maybe some grey or white high-tops might work better with those pants than boots, as well?

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Don't belt tuck.

you forgot "don't stuff everything you own in your pant pockets"

12. Dreamlol

Dreamlol Member

Don't belt tuck.

Now that that's done, NicelyNice, I am not sure about the relaxed cut pants pairing with a relatively slim leather, at least the way it's done there. Seems to me different outerwear is called for.

Jeans are a Incotex, not my favorite, but it's the pair I have that fits best, I'm interested in getting some Levi's STF but not sure if I can find them in Portugal.
    Is it that wrong to put a crew neck under a vneck sweater? Had no idea.
    I'm not belt tucking, specially because I'm not wearing a belt, might have been just from moving.
    I bought the sunglasses recently, had lots of trouble finding a good pair, just gave up and bought aviators because they're a safe choice.
    They're my go to shoes for everything, haven't cared much about shoes until very recently.

@Uncontrol

Well I stupidly got a really thick wallet, need to get around to switch it...

Also, do you guys have any opinions on the jacket? And I don't mean to sound defensive in this reply, even thou it is a bit, but trying to get the max input possibly.

13. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

What's "belt tuck"?

Jacket looks fine, though really unremarkable.

14. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

definitely not great, but it's what was clean and I was eager to wear these boots [​IMG] alternate option:
    I really wore all 3, vest, flannel, and gray shirt, but once indoors the vest and flannel came off [​IMG]

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Hippie magician steez
    [​IMG]
    Random Indian Market Scarf Uniqlo Crewneck Sweater Random Japanese Hippie Shop Bag Uniqlo Pants Clarks Desert Boots comments and critique appreciated

you didn't mention this time if the jewelry was indian or egyptian or a combination? is that a # 0 or 1 buzz on head and face ?
    He used to be so happy LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE SF
    ahahaha i was thinking just the same thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.