The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

that's pretty slick. I like it.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

^how2casualtie

i also think tapered jawnz would look nice on SVB. It wouldn't make him look so bottom heavy in his pics.

3. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

Stanley VB's aesthetic suits him very well i think, but he would greatly benefit from going to the gym to give himself a slightly better frame for the clothes to hang on.
    squarer shoulders, more drop, slightly bulkier thighs would make that outfit look 100x better (not that it's bad as it is).
    Didn't fuji say somewhere that the major part of his 'transformation' was down to working out/bulking up.

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

MoK fits are consistently good and photography is excellent -- great detail.
    Thanks - I'm still experimenting and having fun.

Here's today:

[​IMG]
    Ray Ban
    BOO
    APC
    Keds

and a rare sight from my rooftop:

[​IMG][/[/SPOILER]

I don't know how you get to work with hills like that so near by - I'd want to be out there walking all the time.

Anyway as it seems to be dissect SvB day I'll chuck in my hopefully constructive thoughts:

The vibe you give off to me is 1950's clean cut American on vacation, which I find quite refreshing and like. If that's the look you're trying to achieve you've done it (find a vintage Airstream to use as a backdrop and you'll get bonus points).

If you're after a more rugged workwear look, your problems are your age, build and any job restrictions on hair. I'm lucky in that I'm ugly, old, grizzled and big [​IMG]. Yes to a degree you can get bigger, bulking up through food and exercise but your lifestyle may not fit it. Layering shirts over T's, wearing outerwear would add volume though. Growing a beard and untamed hair will add age and roughness, but might not suit work.

Personally I look rumpled in a fresh suit and shirt, you might still look tidy in beat up clothes.

Go with what you like, your fits are good.

i always imagine you as a daring type, perhaps having swam the channel or better yet jumped across in a wingsuit

[​IMG] I used to be more active when I was younger, but quite to that degree [​IMG]
    Since ending up with a bent elbow and a shoulder held together with a lump of titanium in a cycling accident I lead quite a sedate life with walking my main form of exercise.

Bundled myself up into a near cocoon last night, fuck coat check.

MA Julius puffy coat
    Stephan Schneider alpaca scarf
    DBSS sweater
    Individual Sentiments wool/cashmere pants

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

Nice use of textures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]Vintage pillow case
    Kenneth Cole Reaction lounge pants
    Common Projects

Don't know what to make of this, but I agree that it needs at least one other layer and different footwear.
    [​IMG]
    Checking out a flea market in hollywood,
    bought a big old backpack from a grumpy old man.
    That backpack's a great find.
    Those iron rangers looking goood!
    Thanks. They fill a low maintenance gap my English boots don't meet.

MoK- I received the second (smaller) UW vest, and it fits great. Half of the buttons were ready to fall off right out of the package, though [​IMG]

Good news on the fit. I might have just got lucky but touch wood the buttons on mine are solid.
    ut
    apc
    pbj
    conv
    [​IMG]
    Not sure about the retro T, but everything works together.
    [​IMG]
    Same jacket, different fit:
    Vintage bomber, tie & clip
    Engineered Garments
    Iron Heart
    Wolverine
    Blurry face on left because it's a wide angle pic and looks weird
    Tie would work with chinos, it doesn't with the jeans.

5. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Forgive the awkward ass pose (sleeves are too long and not shortened yet) and the thunder thighs!
    also don't like the shoes (too much distressing imo) hence only showing half of them
    any critique (constructive or destructive) very much appreciated [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

ut apc pbj conv
    [​IMG]

Is that a Leica M8????

7. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

kwoyeu, jacket looks a little big overall. Not sure one way or the other about the shoulders, but I see a lot of room around your armpits, and the bottom of the front (quarters, they're called?) seems to hang down very slack, overlapping in a way that suggests extra fabric.

I like the color choices, though.

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Forgive the awkward ass pose (sleeves are too long and not shortened yet) and the thunder thighs!
    also don't like the shoes (too much distressing imo) hence only showing half of them
    any critique (constructive or destructive) very much appreciated [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When you get the sleeves shortened get the arms taken in (slimmed) as well, although I've a horrible feeling the jacket might be a size or half-size too large on you.

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Sweater is awkwardly bunched, I am not skinnyfat. [​IMG] schneider/cardi/CdGH+/Skull/TBC

10. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

11. DLester

DLester Senior member

Quick snap before heading over to the girlfriends place. http://img37.imageshack.us/i/1061654.jpg/ Brand rundown: H&M beanie Nudie jacket thrifted oxford Zara chinos Band of Outsiders boatboots
    ^ do not click this link. I got popups and some "free" security analysis that briefly took over my computer. Thanks pal. Imbed your photos next time. edit: evidently it worked for Lane. but I am not clicking it again.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

Quick snap before heading over to the girlfriends place.

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/1061654.jpg/

Brand rundown:
    H&M beanie
    Nudie jacket
    thrifted oxford
    Zara chinos
    Band of Outsiders boatboots

nice fit!

13. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

kwoyeu, jacket looks a little big overall. Not sure one way or the other about the shoulders, but I see a lot of room around your armpits, and the bottom of the front (quarters, they're called?) seems to hang down very slack, overlapping in a way that suggests extra fabric.

I like the color choices, though.

When you get the sleeves shortened get the arms taken in (slimmed) as well, although I've a horrible feeling the jacket might be a size or half-size too large on you.

many thanks for the feedback coldforge and MoK. The jacket is indeed on the loose-fitting side, though sadly it is the smallest size I could get (it's an XS and I believe the exact same as this one). Ugh being a small dude sucks (I'm not even *that* small though at 5"8' & 145, but still). I kind of like the color so I guess I'll keep it and try having it altered as per both of your suggestions (i.e. chest, quarters, sleeve width / length).

Here's me in what I hope is a better-fitting jacket (a BoO 36). I guess it still needs altered somewhat, but hopefully not too drastically [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

^ do not click this link. I got popups and some "free" security analysis that briefly took over my computer. Thanks pal. Imbed your photos next time. edit: evidently it worked for Lane. but I am not clicking it again.
    Sorry man! Didn't know it did that. How would I embed it? Edit: got it. [​IMG]

15. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

^ do not click this link. I got popups and some "free" security analysis that briefly took over my computer.

Thanks pal. Imbed your photos next time.

edit: evidently it worked for Lane. but I am not clicking it again.

Strange, it worked fine for me. I hadn't read your warning, so don't take me checking out the link to mean I ignored you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.