1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member

i had one of those awful moments a week ago in 3 inch wind crust where you start to cross your skis right before dropping off a rock and the only thing you can think is "uh-oh."
    I almost killed myself yesterday going down a steep slope -- hit powder then ice then mogul, spun around and was facing directly uphill while falling backwards. Slammed my main melon on another mogul below below me at high velocity. Saw stars and just laid there for about 20 seconds facing up wondering whether I should try to move. Of course, I did it on the last run of the day, "just one more run." btw your fits lately have been on point, esp this one. someone didn't like the stacking I believe, but it looks great to me. this is probably your best work.
    sup tonio [​IMG]
    ya but we got dis and the beach and glorious weather plus places to buy dope shit plus vegas short drive away and hoes!!!11
    yes but the state seems to be run by lunatics, why is that?
    damn, that is dope makes you look younger too
    agree, looks good MoK ___ unrelated, I should not have knocked the Mac 12 sherry cask last week, I had it again over the weekend and enjoyed it more than I remembered. I prefer the 18 but that is not an everyday drink at $160 a bottle

2. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not entirely sure how to wear a chambray, just a noob trying to learn. Tried between 2 ideas. I think the 2nd one matches the use for a chambray work shirt, and the boots seem fitting to the style. The first one I like as well though, maybe it matches the grey jeans better.

Thoughts?

3. driveslowk

driveslowk Distinguished Member

4. cb_32

cb_32 Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all good but i think you should get some white tigers

5. Peter1

Peter1 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Not entirely sure how to wear a chambray, just a noob trying to learn. Tried between 2 ideas. I think the 2nd one matches the use for a chambray work shirt, and the boots seem fitting to the style. The first one I like as well though, maybe it matches the grey jeans better.

Thoughts?

i think you want to button it..."work" shirts are meant to be buttoned so you're not (in theory) getting yourself sucked into a table saw or lathe. Plus the half placket on the Jcrew chambray is a pretty cool detail. Looks washed out with gray but then with blue you've got the (insert rube location here) tuxedo look...I vote for repro khakis in a slim or straight fit. Or you can wear black denim.

6. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior Member

Last painting in my office, Snowman. Probably the most successful too. [​IMG] vv Yeah, it is. Thanks. Zipper keeps pulling threads along the teeth though, which is something I wish the designers had thought of... :/

7. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior Member

Is that the W+H handknit sweater? Looks good. [​IMG]

8. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

i think you want to button it..."work" shirts are meant to be buttoned so you're not (in theory) getting yourself sucked into a table saw or lathe. Plus the half placket on the Jcrew chambray is a pretty cool detail. Looks washed out with gray but then with blue you've got the (insert rube location here) tuxedo look...I vote for repro khakis in a slim or straight fit. Or you can wear black denim.

That was some really good advice. Thanks a lot man.

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

A brief catch-up before I head off down the coast for a couple of days. See you guys soon.

^ that's the waifish sw & d spirit right there MoK. You'll be stacking jeggings over GATs in no time!
    waifish [​IMG] I think that's the last adjective anyone would use to describe me [​IMG]
    I disagree. I'm digging the no-break double cuff. I'm wearing mine exactly like that today. (this is not the same as the one that I called out as a bad look recently, which was cuffed inches above low top sneakers- not to say that can't work though.)

edit: I just noticed that mine do break, about an inch or so.. I think it looks good both ways though.

Nice fit once again MoK. I think the outerwear versatility has been key, as it is with so many solid posters.

Thanks.
    I do think the red shirt would work better if it were shorter than the blackwatch, though. Tuck? I dunno. I tuck more than other people. Probably not here. But I would recommend a shorter shirt. In my view, it would look less sloppy, make the blackwatch look more jackety, and maybe still look casual and cool without being anachronistic.
    Maybe. Generally I do tuck...
    did some touristy stuff a few weekends ago...thoughts?

[​IMG]

I like it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]

Not a fan of the footwear, otherwise I like it.
    agree, looks good MoK

___

unrelated, I should not have knocked the Mac 12 sherry cask last week, I had it again over the weekend and enjoyed it more than I remembered. I prefer the 18 but that is not an everyday drink at $160 a bottle

Cheers. I like the Mac but find the 12yr a tad too sweet for me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

Both look okay to me. I think your over sweating this. as to whrther you'd wear it tucked in for genuine work, it would depend on whether you're operating machinery or shifting bales...
    Last painting in my office, Snowman. Probably the most successful too.

[​IMG]
    vv Yeah, it is. Thanks. Zipper keeps pulling threads along the teeth though, which is something I wish the designers had thought of... :/

Nice.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

So MC is gonna dress up like famous guys from bygone eras, what is new [​IMG]

11. NOBD

NOBD Distinguished Member

So MC is gonna dress up like famous guys from bygone eras, what is new [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, are you in?

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Distinguished Member

13. NOBD

NOBD Distinguished Member

DTO

Named after member DTO who liked member Phat Guido's clothing so much that he copied some of his stuff.

For those who missed it:

Another attempt to get some cross-over action... This Friday's
    challenge. SW&D'ers (?) are welcome to play. Just post your
    entry on Friday in WAYWRN.

Celebrity DTO Challenge

The challenge: DTO a celebrity you admire or want to imitate
    for whatever reason, and try and make it look good.

Some categories:

Actors

[​IMG]

Musicians

[​IMG]

Philosophers

[​IMG]

Artists

[​IMG]

Politicians

[​IMG]

Athletes

[​IMG]

Royalty

[​IMG]

Couturiers

[​IMG]

I think it would be nice to add a pic of the celeb you DTO.
    You can also write an essay about why you picked him (or
    her?), or not... Copy him literally or let your own style seep
    through"”it's up to you.

If it's okay with Spoo I'd like to suggest again to take the
    pictures any day of the week; just post them on Friday.

Have fun!

- NOBD

Hope you don't mind me posting this here. Challenge description thread.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Not sold on the shoes NYR, otherwise very nice.

^^Agreed. Nothing wrong with Asics, simply the color.

I think the color is a nice contrast to the rest of the fit

Love you too, k. And only beef I have with that is the jacket, maybe sneaks are too juvenile/playful? Idk.

all good but i think you should get some white tigers

Not a fan of the footwear, otherwise I like it.

Guess you guys won't like my rainbow ones either then...lol. Thanks fellas.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

Last painting in my office, Snowman. Probably the most successful too.

[​IMG]

vv Yeah, it is. Thanks. Zipper keeps pulling threads along the teeth though, which is something I wish the designers had thought of... :/

scarf/bandana(?) looks cool here. paintings are obv well done. thanks for posting it up![​IMG]
    what do you mean "most successful" ? been in the most shows?

NYRanger looking brolic[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.