The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

oh no! not ... g-g-girlish!! Seriously look at me, do you really think that 1. I care if something is "girlish" and 2. If I did, it would even be a problem? I think the glasses look not great in this particular pic due to the angle, but I generally like them. People hated them in my last fit too where I think they looked pretty good, though haha

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I dunno, dude. Those critiques are pretty useless, but honestly, yours are pretty similar.

3. MS007

MS007 Senior member

One of the best uncontrol fits I ve seen so far. The only thing not working here are the glasses.
    Put something on your wrists as well. Would make the fit more balanced.

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sorta surprised at the largely cold reception to the cropped trousers last fit. Seemed fine to me.

Anyway AR6, not being inquisitive in a hostile sense but just curious; how would you wear something highly saturated like that red leather DR?

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Friday Night Fit, last time I use my iphone as a camera, and yes the mirror is dirty as fuck. A nice 75 degree night, no outerwear needed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

J. Lindeberg T
    Raf

You look good and everything fits well, but that is a horrible waste of raf simon high tops. I mean they look good with what you're wearing, but they just kind of look like cheap leather dress shoes.

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

You look good and everything fits well, but that is a horrible waste of raf simon high tops. I mean they look good with what you're wearing, but they just kind of look like cheap leather dress shoes.
    Sorta agree. Looks similar to what I see on a lot of Korean guys. Still looks good overall though I want to pull an Eason and say work out more. Also adding some old man MC shit, so here's what I actually wore on Friday (because I had an interview): [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Close-ups:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Items:
    • Overcoat: Tom Ford
    • Suit: Uniqlo
    • Shirt: Savile Row Korea
    • Tie: muji
    • Shoes: Fratelli Rossetti
    And the FU SC (or other FU stuff) challenge on MC has some... interesting entries.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

Unc that shirt goes really well with the jean wash, nice stuff. I dunno if you have a jacket that would've worked with this stuff, but I love this how it is and that would be the only way to make it better, imo.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Anyway AR6, not being inquisitive in a hostile sense but just curious; how would you wear something highly saturated like that red leather DR?
    As you probably guessed when you ordered it it's a tough one. I think first of all that it'll look better generally once you've worn it enough that it isn't uniformly cherry colour. I think probably stacked black or dark jeans over some sort of black boot and a white v neck would be the easiest way. Ie if I owned it I'd wear it with my Helmut black waxed denim (which I wear with everything), my Mihara or Yohji boots and a white vneck or one of my w+h thermals. I have had similar issues wearing the black / white rafstros with an otherwise all black fit, it's okay but the sudden "dark dark dark dark WHOA WHITE" thing is still offputting and that's on my feet, whereas a jacket is right in your face. Think of an all white fit with a black cropped jacket on top. In my head, that looks awkward to me. Same effect. I think there at least you needed a different coloured shirt underneath to break it up. I can get behind the bottom half of that Uncontrol fit even though the jeans could again use a half inch of thigh room. Less interested in the belt tuck, the short shiny v neck and the glasses.

9. G0079

G0079 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Olafur Eliasson exhibit? I went to see one in SF a couple years ago and it was mind blowingly good.

10. cez

cez Senior member

Uncontrol, I like your fits but you should cut your bangs; they look kinda aggravatingly emo right now. Cut 'em short for that David Bowie swag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. saelan

saelan Senior member

You know, I have no problem with androgynous style or with flashier looks, but every time uncontrol posts and gets respect, my mind is blown. I find his whole aesthetic unbelievably tacky.

12. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

^+1000000000000000000000

13. cez

cez Senior member

14. James_M

James_M Senior member

It's just a really cliched aesthetic. It's not really out there, or daring like it wants to be. It just looks like what Japanese teenagers think number one rock 'n roll stars wear.

15. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hmm...

Uncontrol in 10 years?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.