The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice. Love the cut of the jacket and the way it emphasizes the shoulders. (Guess it's kind of a taboo subject around here, but so many cool-looking leather jackets are actually kind of wimpi-fying, oh noes!)

Any examples?

2. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

of course not.

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Eh, put your fists down. I'm not thinking of a particular poster or your favorite brand, more the cool-looking jackets I've tried on that turned out to be completely unflattering. On me. I think Binker wears his well. Interesting point about the fabrics, too.

4. G0079

G0079 Senior member

You sure it's the jackets that are wimpifying and not just the skinny ass people wearing them?

5. bluefields

bluefields Active Member

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Enjoy my face, forgot to block it out. Always look stupid when taking pictures of yourself [​IMG] [​IMG] patagonia wjk nom de guerre heat tech lanvin combat boots no vis

7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Cross post from the EG SS 2011 thread. Dirty mirror iphone photo, as favoured by WAYWT...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EG X 3
    Trickers

Deserves better photos. Nice use of colour and the jacket looks particularly good.
    my first fit after a year or so of lurking, hopefully not too bad.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/spoiler]

Good to see a lurker post. I think the top needs slimmer jeans or the jeans need a slightly less slim top.
    the one in the middle [​IMG]

[​IMG][/spoiler]

Looks good - great coat. guys either side don't look bad either.
    Super awkward face

[​IMG][/spoiler]

I prefer the T to the jeans, but they work pretty well together.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/spoiler]

MMM
    APC
    Skulls
    C&J

I like all the individual pieces, but I'm not sure they work together. I think the sweater needs looser trousers and a different shirt.

[​IMG]

Can't really add much - I don't mind the loose jeans on their own, but not with the slim top.
    I'm new. Do your worst. Seriously I would like the criticism, the more I can learn the better [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Not too sure what is going on with the weird shirt bulge at the back. Anyway first post. Glad to be here.
    Take a photo outside or at least in better light and we might be able to see enough to give useful feedback.
    [​IMG]
    I don't like ripped knees, but other than that this looks good. Nice shirt.
    [​IMG]
    Topman(quilted sweater)
    Uniqlo
    Self Edge
    Tanner Goods
    Levis
    Clarks
    Looks good.
    Enjoy my face, forgot to block it out. Always look stupid when taking pictures of yourself
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

patagonia
    wjk
    nom de guerre
    heat tech
    lanvin
    combat boots no vis
    I know the problem with self portraits - I either look like an imbecile or seriously pissed off (I normally stick with the latter)...

Looks good, although I'm not sure about the slightly capped sleeve the Patagonia seems to have.

8. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

too much color for my tastes. I think it might look better with khaki colored pants.

I did feel very colourful...was trying my best to appeal to the gods of spring for some decent weather

Do you have more accurate picture of the colour and fabric of the jacket; it looks absolutely great.

Colour is fairly accurate in the photo, it's the navy whipcord bedford from AW10. Currently relegated to my iphone for pictures so I'm sure online sources can do much better than I can.

i disagree, green pants alleviate the fit. workwear done right.

Thanks, I do love green pants. Bit of a staple currently.

i like this

Cheers, always a fan of your fits.

Great fit. Probably the only time I've really enjoyed seeing EG.

Cool, I have plenty of EG in the wardrobe so look forward to trying to change your views on it

I love sexonfabric's fit. Is that EG's Bedford jacket?

Thanks man. Yeh its the navy whipcord bedford from AW10

Is that the EG FW10 desert pant? I could not get them to fit me. 32=crushed nuts; 34=loose in the lower leg. AFAIK there were no 33s made. Great fabric and color but the top block was made for small guys.

When I first got them they were nut crushers for sure. First time I'd worn them for a while last night and they felt much better. Been trying to get my body fat down for summer and haven't been doing much leg work as the rugby season is nearly over...so probably attributed to that. Leg opening isn't huge but isn't that tight either, chunky shoes like these certainly help.

9. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Deserves better photos. Nice use of colour and the jacket looks particularly good.

Thanks, been a fan of yours since you have come over here. Defo going to pick up a decent camera this week...

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

[​IMG]

so how's your hair, aeglus?

11. ratboy90

ratboy90 Member

[​IMG]

first post here. also just started 'rebooting' myself style-wise so be gentle. [​IMG]

and my jeans need shortening.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Everything about that is bad. The shoes you may be able to use. Everything else should be burned. Don't bother hemming the jeans, the wash is awful and they don't fit - just get rid of them. The cardigan is weirdly low-cut and sags, looking terrible as a result, especially over a white crewneck. While it is difficult to tell just HOW badly it fits because of the angle, the jacket doesn't fit you either; too big in just about every proportion. Reboot again.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yea, ar is right.

if you like the cut of the jean, i would suggest bulkier boots/shoes. the desert boots look slim under that cut. or you can slim down the on the jeans. either way go with a darker wash.

jacket looks formal for the outfit.

keep posting tho, nobody knows your style yet, so its tough to recommend stuff.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

He doesn't "like the cut of the jean", just doesn't know better, is trying to look like a j.lindeberg catalogue; jeans + black boots + dark blazer over cardi. It's just done badly. The Eason does it. Look to The Eason for guidance.

15. afc345

afc345 Senior member

[​IMG]

Not strictly WAYTT, but I got this knit which used to belong to my dad. Was a bit too big for me, so i shrinked in the washing machine and now it fits almost perfect. What do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.