1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asobu

asobu Senior member

"salted" black licorice

this is my favorite thing in the world, not kidding. I'm addicted to this.

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

That is real nice, had no idea. And that's true, most people outside of Denmark don't appreciate liquorice, sweet or salty. Awesome that you made them put out a danish sign [​IMG]

Very popular in The Netherlands.

oh god, i had some triple "salted" black licorice from europe, cant remember from where, but it was horrible. it mustve been a novelty to see who can keep it in their mouth the longest. seriously, do you guys know which one im talking about?

Most probably, yes.

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

they are black and round pieces, correct? it tasted like something had stung my tongue, i had to spit it out on the street[​IMG]

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

they are black and round pieces, correct? it tasted like something had stung my tongue, i had to spit it out on the street[​IMG]
    All kind of shapes. Image-Google "dropje", "zoute drop" or "dubbelzout", and see if you can find the one you had (spat out).

5. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

I remember making ammonium chloride in chemistry class as a kid, adding some sugar and snacking it straight from the beaker.

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

"dubbelzout"

My neighbor gave me one of these and told me it was delicious. I don't really trust her anymore.

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

All kind of shapes. Image-Google "dropje", "zoute drop" or "dubbelzout", and see if you can find the one you had (spat out).

yeah thats it. i vividly remember that "DZ" logo. its burned into my head (and tongue)[​IMG]

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

My neighbor gave me one of these and told me it was delicious. I don't really trust her anymore.
    [​IMG] Did you know what it meant? I've always preferred the sweet variety, btw (not that I eat it a lot).
    yeah thats it. i vividly remember that "DZ" logo. its burned into my head (and tongue)[​IMG]
    Ah, that's double salt, not triple...

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i was just looking to eat some black licorice and thought id try the DZ for some reason. ended up with a bagful [​IMG]

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

i was just looking to eat some black licorice and thought id try the DZ for some reason. ended up with a bagful [​IMG]

[​IMG] Try katjesdrop next time; you might like it.

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Denmark and licorice are pretty cool. Here's a fit.

[​IMG]

12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Good. What's the shirt?

Thanks! Brooks Brothers Extra-Slim Fit black chambray, tailored down to the point where it's actually slim fitting. I was gonna post a pic in the BB OCBD I'm wearing today, but it's raining out. [​IMG]

hello all .. i have a feeling that my outfit today will be hated, but i love it, so yeah...
    anyway.

[​IMG]

scarf and sweater are jcrew
    jeans are bess, those are studs on the back pocket [​IMG]
    shoes are kors
    bag is gryson

Yeah...scarf is very Uncontrol (Uncontrol for J. Crew?), jeans are kind of Antik-esque, and I know girls love the whole "toe-cleavage" thing on the shoe, but it doesn't really do anything for me.

Working on getting shirts that don't suck with a tie (not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep up this kind of pace with posting pics either).
    [​IMG]

I like the color palette quite a bit, but the collar looks kinda weird here. Also, I'm not crazy about the braided belt. Maybe it's just that I used to wear those in middle school.

And that's true, most people outside of Denmark don't appreciate liquorice, sweet or salty.

The closest I've had is Läkerol, but it's only the tiniest bit salty.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

[​IMG] Try katjesdrop next time; you might like it.

will do, thanks!

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

oh god, i had some triple "salted" black licorice from europe, cant remember from where, but it was horrible. it mustve been a novelty to see who can keep it in their mouth the longest. seriously, do you guys know which one im talking about?

that stuff is so vile it made me crosseyed when I ate it gawd

15. jet

jet Senior member

There is no flavor I can't stand more than black licorice.

TG, love the color of the jeans tired of dark ones.

16. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

i think i'm going to get some salted licorice today, love it so much!

17. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

[​IMG] @synth: do you recognise anything?
    this is great. I wish that shirt had fit me...
    ^ Those look noice! Me today ---> [​IMG] side view:
    [​IMG]

Excellent, as always
    hello all .. i have a feeling that my outfit today will be hated, but i love it, so yeah… anyway. [​IMG] scarf and sweater are jcrew jeans are bess, those are studs on the back pocket [​IMG] shoes are kors bag is gryson
    I don't know why but i fucking love jeans like that. Love the bulkiness of the shoes, too, but not the shoes themselves. can't see shirt.

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

hit you guys with the NB since it is so loved here: [​IMG] same stuff, i love it

19. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

That girl, did you pinroll the jeans?

Also jet, the dz licorice were talking about is so salted it doesn't even taste like the avg twizzlers blk licorice!

Nb work in some fits I must admit. Kvc had a good fit(if he didn't sell them) Tweens was awesome too. Both were with croppedpantsu, coincedence?

20. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

did somebody say licorice?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.