1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asobu

asobu Senior member

edit: this is google's effort

Impressive ... You can tell your friends that they have taught you well, Danish is a complicated language and it works for you to understand and express yourself perfectly

last part still sounds strange to me but whatever

That google translation is mostly correct but I think the last part should be more like "it seems like you can understand and express yourself perfectly"

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

sorry NOBD
    "Du kan fortælle dine venner at de har lært dig godt, dansk er et kompliceret sprog, og det virker til at du kan forstå og formulere dig udemærket"
    -> You can tell you friends that they though you well, danish is a complicated language, and it seems like you understand (it) and can express yourself nicely/perfectly

Im swedish though, so perhaps I only add to the confusion [​IMG]

edit: didnt see asobu´s post (you´r danish?), so this was a bit redundant...

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thanks, guys. All clear now.

4. _Nomad

_Nomad Active Member

Det er visst flere skandinaver her pÃ¥ forumet enn jeg trodde [​IMG]

5. afc345

afc345 Senior member

Ja, det ser ut til at det gÃ¥r inflasjon i skandinaver her [​IMG]

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

somebody please teach me Danish I'm tired of looking like a dumbass/tourist here [​IMG]

7. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

somebody please teach me Danish I'm tired of looking like a dumbass/tourist here [​IMG]

If you're still in Copenhagen it doesn't really matter, everyone speaks English here anyway. If anything I would think that tall blond Danish girls would fall for an American accent [​IMG]

8. thatgirl again

thatgirl again Member

hello all .. i have a feeling that my outfit today will be hated, but i love it, so yeah...
    anyway.

[​IMG]

scarf and sweater are jcrew
    jeans are bess, those are studs on the back pocket [​IMG]
    shoes are kors
    bag is gryson

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^^ true about the girls, and I'm in Amsterdam after this week so it doesn't matter much.

10. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Thatgirl you need new jeans. Either dark or white. Those shoes are sexy as hell though [​IMG]

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

Hvilken butik er der tale om, er det danske specialiteter? Rødgrød med fløde ha!
    Tak. Jo, de har en lille dansk butik i L.A.... [​IMG] I hate rødgrød med flød men jeg kan sige, "Fem flade flødeboller pÃ¥ et fladt flødebollefad." And when they make fun of my pronunciation, I say, "Din kæreste er en ulækre tysk." Seriously, I have a hard enough time saying, "Hygge."
    Whodini, hur är din svenska?
    I can say three things: "IKEA" , "tack sÃ¥ mycket, kom igen", and "hur lÃ¥ngt till Köpenhamn?" [​IMG]
    If you're still in Copenhagen it doesn't really matter, everyone speaks English here anyway. If anything I would think that tall blond Danish girls would fall for an American accent [​IMG]
    I hope that's the case when I visit in a few years...

12. Louis Toadvine

Woah they have paradis is in L.A.? I thought that was Denmark only, I live right next to one and eat way too much of their liquorice icecream. Do they make the icecream daily in-store in the L.A. one too?

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Working on getting shirts that don't suck with a tie (not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep up this kind of pace with posting pics either).
    [​IMG]

14. JKSteezy

JKSteezy Member

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

Woah they have paradis is in L.A.? I thought that was Denmark only, I live right next to one and eat way too much of their liquorice icecream. Do they make the icecream daily in-store in the L.A. one too?
    It's the first store outside of Denmark. They've been in LA for almost two years and they just opened their second shop. And yes, it's just like in DK: made every day in-store. Once in a while they'll make lakrids is but while the is er god, Americans don't like lakrids in general (I like the is I can't stand Haribo lakrids.) They still make flavors like risalamande and hyldeblomst, sell flødbolle, make fruitlove, etc. I wish they'd put up more stuff showing they're Danish because people think they're just "Scandinavian" or Dutch. [​IMG] I finally got them to put up a menu in Danish so people would know it wasn't just some random new place. [​IMG]

16. Louis Toadvine

That is real nice, had no idea. And that's true, most people outside of Denmark don't appreciate liquorice, sweet or salty. Awesome that you made them put out a danish sign [​IMG]

17. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

oh god, i had some triple "salted" black licorice from europe, cant remember from where, but it was horrible. it mustve been a novelty to see who can keep it in their mouth the longest. seriously, do you guys know which one im talking about?

anyone been to st. lawrence market? that candy shop on the bottom floor is where i tried it[​IMG]

aeglus, do you wear sunglasses? any options youd recommend? im looking for something smaller than the ones i have. they feel offensively big now[​IMG]

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

^ Those look noice!

Me today --->

[​IMG]

side view:

[​IMG]

Looking good
    It's what's known as a paddock jacket. Both buttons are meant to be buttoned.

[​IMG]

I don't mind the one in your link (the buttoning points look much better).

19. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

today to work, comfy.. excuse the wrinkled hoody

[​IMG]

- Shades of Grey
    - AA
    - RRL
    - LV

20. ramp

ramp Senior member

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Ramp, nice fit..
    those pants Junya ?

Thanks. Pants are Junya. Just snapped a quick picture when I got home from the bar, so you can't see the details but they have a curved seam that runs down the front of the pant and a very subtle stripe.

I like this. Best part about it though are your really prominent eyebrows. Brook Shields look FTW/I want brows like that.

[​IMG]

this is quite different from your usual aesthetic, correct? (i dont think im confusing you with another poster)
    very good either way. lol at no show socks(vis)!!

I've been moving away from gothninja to a more "normal" (or whatever) aesthetic for a few months now. I feel a lot more comfortable in these clothes (Isn't that what its all about?). I think they suit me better, wheras with the gothninja I was, with some pieces at least, only attracted to the aesthetic on a hanger or on another person, but not myself.

You should check out the no-show socks at Nordstrom. They are flesh color and they are genuinely no-show with every loafer I own.

Cool, I'll take a look next time I find myself near a Nordstroms. Are they more dressy/thin or athletic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.