Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

2. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

+1.

+99. Awesome fit PinkPantser.

3. SPK

SPK Senior member

More love for PP.

Bows1 also looking good. Cute girl

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I just think that right now it and the MC equivalent bring out the worst in less discerning minds.
    [​IMG] Jesus. Fuuma, you might want to consider some real French intellectuals, some of the most creative, passionate, and un-bourgeois thinkers of the century...and how they dressed like what you would probably call a 'plebe'. Or a 'trad'. Or...whatever it is you need to make yourself feel worthwhile. [​IMG] Discerning. I mean, Holy Jesus-self-deluding-Christ, man.

5. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Echoing the PinkPanster love. Everything looks really natural and I'm really digging the hair too.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

[​IMG]

Jesus. Fuuma, you might want to consider some real French intellectuals, some of the most creative, passionate, and un-bourgeois thinkers of the century...and how they dressed like what you would probably call a 'plebe'. Or a 'trad'. Or...whatever it is you need to make yourself feel worthwhile. [​IMG]

Discerning.
    I mean, Holy Jesus-self-deluding-Christ, man.

I think fuuma is being needlessly pretentious, dismissive, and elitist but this is a terrible point.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'd guess uncontrol find it absolutely boring and empty, not mannered but I dunno. I rarely care for it too but reserve hate for preppy style which is an abomination.

Ok...but Vineyard Vines is still cool, right?

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

fuuma spitting da truth

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I think fuuma is being needlessly pretentious, dismissive, and elitist but this is a terrible point.
    Not really. There is a definitely a faction of (very nice, well-intentioned) folks here who try and cope with the inescapable narcissism of fashion by adopting this weird kind of soggy semiotics where any kind of prep style is judged elitist, or patriarchal, definitely oppressive in some non-specified way -- while at the same time displaying an obviously elitist and cult-like mentality in way they attempt to construct their own identity -- by drawing a circle around themselves and other internet fashionistas, labeling everyone else a 'plebe'.... It's just inconsistent. And it has no basis in reality. And if you examine it closely, it really just boils down to someone saying, I can tell who you are by how you dress. Which, AFAIK, is an attitude these same very well-intentioned folks would probably balk at.

10. chinoguy

chinoguy Senior member

I find it funny that you hate preppy style.

All the syle icons from Steve Mcqueen to George Clooney wear preppy clothes. You don't see these people dressed in man leggings or cargo pants.
    Should one wrap a swan around his neck like Bjork, in order to please the high fashionistas of style forum?

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

All the syle icons from Steve Mcqueen to Brand Pitt and George Clooney wear preppy clothes. You don't see these people dressed in man leggings or cargo pants.
    Oh man why hasn't anyone thought of this before? We should all just try to dress like celebrities.

By the way I assume you mean BRAD Pitt who, fyi, wears tons of MA+, CCP etc. and is far more directionally stylezeitgeistish in his wardrobe than anyone here....

12. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I find it funny that you hate preppy style.

All the syle icons from Steve Mcqueen to George Clooney wear preppy clothes. You don't see these people dressed in man leggings or cargo pants.
    Should one wrap a swan around his neck like Bjork, in order to please the high fashionistas of style forum?

is clooney a style icon?

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol @ style icons

quit looking up to celebs and get your own style

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yes ann d. boots are fly by night, she's only been designing clothes for 2 plus decades.

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

BRAD Pitt who, fyi, wears tons of MA+, CCP etc. and is far more directionally stylezeitgeistish in his wardrobe than anyone here....
    Yeah. What I honestly don't get about haters from both sides of the fence is exactly this: almost no one dresses the same day to day. Are we only supposed to hate Brad Pitt on the day he wears RRL? Or what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.