The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Hasn't someone else posted fit pics with something similar to that WWM coat? I swear to god I've seen something like that in this thread before...

2. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

i think the colours are a bit off in the picture, which hurts it. Is it more beige, or grey? Depending on how warm it is I think you could use it in a looser fit or maybe even with shorts. Wearing it with those shoes and jeans make it look too casual, and therefore frumpy. It looks thrown on. I don't know what I'd suggest to make it work, but it can probably be done. Maybe with a pair of looser EG or WWM pants and shoes that aren't those. I think either way you have to use it in a more stylized look.

Okay, the jacket is more beige than grey. There is extreme overcast here today so lighting further darkened the color.

Also, can anyone suggest what color shoes go best with that wash of jean? I am having difficulty pairing shoes with this particular wash. They are 1950's and I have yet to wash them yet. I hope the color fades. Maybe I should soak them. Thanks again

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

good god

4. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Okay, the jacket is more beige than grey. There is extreme overcast here today so lighting further darkened the color. Also, can anyone suggest what color shoes go best with that wash of jean? I am having difficulty pairing shoes with this particular wash. They are 1950's and I have yet to wash them yet. I hope the color fades. Maybe I should soak them. Thanks again
    what size is that wwm? i'll buy it off you, maybe.

5. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

Is this a joke? hahaha

It is a medium and has been dry cleaned once. PM for more info. I may just part with it.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Taking into account the regular fit as intended, the jacket hits a little high for my liking and, possibly because of this, looks kind of tent-ish at the waist. I don't really like the third pocket and I am not the biggest fan of the pattern as other have stated but tastes vary on that sort of stuff.
    I also agree with you about the jacket's length and center packet. However, I actually like the pattern. It's been tempting to my eyes on other pieces from last season.

7. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

[​IMG]

Gilded Age T
    WWM
    KMW
    Yuketen

i have the same wwm fishing smock. its really hard to wear. usually, i wear mine over a bd with a knit tie and a pair of neutral chinos and penny loafers. that smock is really hard to wear ...

honestly, i dont know how it was worn in the wwm lookbook but i would be interested to see how they pieced it out.

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

[​IMG]

x-posted in ToJ thread.

Schneider
    ToJ
    Uniqlo
    Number(n)ine
    W+Hxdayton

How's the boot tuck?

[​IMG]
    dat scarf

do you know if it's still available anywhere?

9. whatever123

yoox has several in a bunch of different sizes. i will warm you, plan to spend about $60 in tailoring. the sleeves are really long and unless your in-between sizes you will likely have to go up a size so you might need to have the sides taken in. but there is a zipper on one side of the garment so your tailor might not charge you all that much.

10. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Quick snap

I was just thinking today about how good a shirt that color would look under a black leather and went on the alt a website to see if they had it

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Hasn't someone else posted fit pics with something similar to that WWM coat? I swear to god I've seen something like that in this thread before...
    I think kixslf has posted pictures wearing something similar.

13. whatever123

I think kixslf has posted pictures wearing something similar.
    lol, i sold him the first one i bought. it was to small for me so i went up a size and had it tailored. has anyone seen a wwm photo of how they wear it? the ones i found arent very helpful. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

damnnnnnnnnnnn, spk that is dope!!!!! i approve boot tuck. at first i thought you had pin rolled the pants, then i read your comment. what material are the pants, i like the shine! the toj almost looks blue, in a good way. suede (?) on the boots are awesome too, really like it. anyways, wow![​IMG] [​IMG]

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

honestly, i dont know how it was worn in the wwm lookbook but i would be interested to see how they pieced it out.
    EDIT: Whatever beat me to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.