The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Don't over think this stuff. They're things in that I can like them and I can hate them. You like them and I hate them - it's never been anything other than this so I don't know why people are getting so upset that someone didn't like another dude's outfit that they don't even know. Sheesh, can we drop it already?

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Have brinbro on ignore, stop quoting him please. WAYWT here is practically dead, SZ WAYWT crushes it almost constantly. On the other hand I can't stand the SZ community and I really enjoy the exchanges between the regulars here so bleh.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Let's try this again: instead of hating me because you disagree. How about you tell me what looks good about his fit? Don't be too cliche (proportions, colors, how 'well made' they are) I want to know, aesthetically, what appeals to you about it?

All of the things you describe are just that, things, and while you find them positive aspects of a certain outfit I find them highly contrived and impractical in relation to a) his environment and b) his lifestyle.

What is positive about the vertical fall? Just because it exists? Naw, it's so contrived he might as well be one of those chicks wearing three tank tops that think they're 'layering.'

Don't over think this stuff. They're things in that I can like them and I can hate them. You like them and I hate them - it's never been anything other than this so I don't know why people are getting so upset that someone didn't like another dude's outfit that they don't even know. Sheesh, can we drop it already?

Dude make up your mind please.

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Have brinbro on ignore, stop quoting him please.

Dude make up your mind please.

i loled.

5. Kyss

Kyss Member

It was really cold out there, would have wear my duffle coat..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And please, ignore my ugly ass t-shirt. [​IMG]

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. ramp

ramp Senior member

8. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Make up my mind? Uhh. Anyway, since I feel like contributing - excuse the photobooth and the 'b.a. ucla' hurr painting.

[​IMG]

9. grit

grit Senior member

[​IMG]

SNS, Buzz Rickson
    KMW 1980
    Dries

10. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

SNS, Buzz Rickson
    KMW 1980
    Dries

I see what you did there.

11. chinoguy

chinoguy Senior member

Chinoguy and brinbro:

Even though some of the fits here seem incomprehensible to you, it's only because you don't understand. It's like people who talk shit about modern art, arguing that it's just a bunch of bullshit random shapes and squares. That's because they don't know anything about modern art.

You really need a haircut.

I bet if Monet or Rembrandt were still alive they'd be laughing their asses off at at the new self-proclaimed artists who throw a blob of paint on their canvas, and call it modern-art.

12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

what about your ugly ass hat?

I actually like it, but I am fan (not of the Yankees). Mixing a nice baseball hat with a fit is complicated, but I like it.

13. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

Kyss, I like that a lot, ugly hat notwithstanding. The card and the jacket work nicely together.

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

ITT: chinoguy slots himself neatly into crazyjew's formidably narrow description.
    I bet if Monet or Rembrandt were still alive they'd be laughing their asses off at at the new self-proclaimed artists who throw a blob of paint on their canvas, and call it modern-art.
    Probably, but they wouldn't be right. If Mozart was still alive he would hate the Beatles, but they're both still great. Are you just talking about Jackson Pollock, or did you have anyone else in mind? edit: Also: are you saying that the only valid visual art form is representational two-dimensional painting on a flat surface? another edit: Are you actually familiar with Rembrandt/Monet or are you just kind of sifting them out of the cultural soup as examples of "great artists"?

15. colabear

colabear Senior member

just going to cement my identity here as anything but a true man of style. this photo shoot brought to you by the planet Hoth - everything was zipped back up after 3 photos were taken, because it's 3 degrees outside.

[​IMG]

unnecessary alt views:
    giant bird steeze
    [​IMG]

and just because everyone loves drop crotch (and because I think the back of this jacket is rad:
    [​IMG]

this look might have been inspired by clothes worn by characters in the movie Matrix and even though it might not look visually appealing to some right now, I find this look promising and a modern way of dressing.

maybe in the distant future when our technology is advanced enough that it will enable us to work at home, we can just wear layers of knits similar to what syntheses is wearing. perhaps made of recycled fibers or advanced man made materials that will conform with the body's temperature and allow it to feel warmth when it's cold and vice versa. I also like it's organic quality how it's draped relaxed on the body in contrast with tailored suits that are worn in the offices today.

the coat part of syntheses look maybe serves dual purpose by not only protecting him from the elements, but also as a way of expressing his individuality to society. Since he is at home most of the time, when he decides to come out and be seen, he wears something outlandish as to say " hey look at me, I'm alive and wearing this coat"

the only thing I think is missing this outfit is a head gear maybe something from Albertus Swanepoel [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.