The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Hemingway Everything in the fit is really incongruous. IMO, denim jackets really cant be pulled off unless you got boots or something non-sneaker. That cardigan underneath is a NO NO, too. A good way to start making your fits more cohesive is to take one piece that you want to wear that day, and style everything else around that. So, if you really wanted to wear those sneakers, you gotta have something more sporty on the top. If you wanna wear that cardigan, you gotta take away the denim jacket and add some slacks. If you wanna wear that jacket, you gotta remove the cardigan, get a white V-neck and wear some jeans with some nice boots. I know rules suck in 'fashion', and everyone is gonna jump down my throat for suggesting rigid guidelines, but you gotta start somewhere. And when you start to get a better feel for certain aesthetics, you can mix them more successfully.

2. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I don't want to sound harsh hemingway but that doesn't look good at all. It looks like you're trying too hard to fashun your look. I'm not a big fan of the denim on denim (especially when the contrast is low), the tuck into white ass sneakers is wtf, your belt looks totally out of place and I think you could do without the cardi. A henely under a denim jacket can look cool but a colorblock cardi is just confusing. I have that cardigan and it's tiny. I had to stretch the sleeves.. what size did you get yours in?
    i thought wtf im not wearing that... went a page back and proceeded to lol at said picture also i wear my denim jacket with pf fylers... not boots... its to much for me

3. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Thanks so much for all the constructive criticism. Kent, those are some really great points; the outfit does look incongruous. When I put it together I started with three pieces that I really wanted to wear, the jacket, the cardigan, and the sneakers. I guess I do need to tone down my style and stop trying so hard. The thing is I have all the requisite elements for simple, clean fits but sometimes I feel like that's too boring, you know? I want to mix it up, but I don't really know how.
    Re. Sneaker tuck: I do have pretty big feet... with the vaels I can go over but for some of my other sneakers the hem of my jeans does not fit over my shoes, especially with my chunkier hightops.

4. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

with a jean jacket KISS...

5. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior member

Pretty boring today, it's a little bit max biggavel inspired.

[​IMG]

Anyways, I posted about these jeans in the jean thread but haven't gotten any responses so I thought I'd try you guys. They're apc ns I got off B&S a while back but I haven't been wearing much. They're tts on me and I've been thinking about getting them slimmed down from the top to match the kind of cut I usually wear (they're about 8" at the hem now and I'd prefer about 7.5" and probably a similar reduction a the knee). Just wondering what your take on them 'as is' is...

6. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

with a jean jacket KISS...
    Just put on a white v under the jacket with a black belt and my docs; it looks much better. EDIT: cookz, I got the cardigan in a size small.

7. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Ibrock, I don't think you should the taper the jeans. You obviously have slimmer jeans that fit you well, and these do too. Keep them as they are and you'll have another 'look' in your repertoire. Summer is coming round and I think looser denim would be appropriate as well. And slightly baggier jeans will look better with chunkier boots if you move that direction. The jeans look good as is. I wanna get myself some NS of B&S...

8. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

more blue shoes
    [​IMG]
    j crew shirt
    j crew pants
    yuketen shoes

9. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

10. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

nice wet spot?

...and what's this J Crew catalog doing next to this bottle of baby oil?

11. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior member

Ibrock, I don't think you should the taper the jeans. You obviously have slimmer jeans that fit you well, and these do too. Keep them as they are and you'll have another 'look' in your repertoire. Summer is coming round and I think looser denim would be appropriate as well. And slightly baggier jeans will look better with chunkier boots if you move that direction. The jeans look good as is. I wanna get myself some NS of B&S...
    I get where you're coming from but it's hard to resist, this pair is broken in to such a nice colour and my usual pair of deep indigo weird guys are so dark and overdyed. I have a sort of aversion to 'regular fit" and 'straight fit' denim because I have a pretty boring/safe style and I feel way too regular/bro when I'm not rockin' more fitted stuff... They look a little better cuffed so maybe I'll try that out when things warm up a little.

12. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

...and what's this J Crew catalog doing next to this bottle of baby oil?
    [​IMG]

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Pieces need to be interpreted? It looks like he's wearing a shirt as a shirt.

That would be your interpretation. Anyone not familiar with the shirt interprets it as, 'wtf 2 shirt?'

14. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

Pretty boring today, it's a little bit max biggavel inspired.

[​IMG]

Anyways, I posted about these jeans in the jean thread but haven't gotten any responses so I thought I'd try you guys. They're apc ns I got off B&S a while back but I haven't been wearing much. They're tts on me and I've been thinking about getting them slimmed down from the top to match the kind of cut I usually wear (they're about 8" at the hem now and I'd prefer about 7.5" and probably a similar reduction a the knee). Just wondering what your take on them 'as is' is...

keep it that way ...ur over 6 feet and slim jeans make you look even taller ...not in a good way

15. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior member

keep it that way ...ur over 6 feet and slim jeans make you look even taller ...not in a good way
    Really? I'd always thought slimmer cuts looked better on me because I'm a little taller than most. these are pair I usually wear and I've always got compliments in this thread on the fit... [​IMG] well at least you've convinced me to give 'em a go as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.