The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

chrono I don't want to pester you or anyone else, but as a fellow bostonian and someone whose style I admire, would you mind critiquing my fit?

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Chrono for serious looks good. Boring (i mean this as a compliment ha,) done right.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

sup love connection

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

chrono I don't want to pester you or anyone else, but as a fellow bostonian and someone whose style I admire, would you mind critiquing my fit?

Don't know about C but here: my two cents.

Pretty good for a newb. Ditch the graphic tee, though. They almost invariably look whack. Sometimes subtle, faded tees or ones with just text look alright but anything high contrast like yours requires serious personality to pull off. Let the white sneaks get beat up a bit too and take a better photo. On the right track though.

5. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I like Scott m's fits. I think he represents a polarizing position in the SF gradient similar to Max Biggavel(?). Interestingly, the two members who have been most critical of his fits lately (or at least the two most visible), KM and Sq, are my two least favorite regular posters based on fits alone, neither one of whom has posted a single waywt that I've liked. I'd guess that those who liked Max's fits also prefer Scott m over sq4you. Not sure about Scott vs. kent as their styles aren't so strongly opposed and Kent gets his share of compliments to my surprise. To put my preferences into perspective, I went with SoCal in the showdown with Kixself, dig Max's fits (obviously), and am a big fan of Fuuma, Mellowfellow, Gavroche, Chrono, Impolyt, Leonard Leroy, and Zissou (can you really not be?) among others.

6. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Don't know about C but here: my two cents.

Pretty good for a newb. Ditch the graphic tee, though. They almost invariably look whack. Sometimes subtle, faded tees or ones with just text look alright but anything high contrast like yours requires serious personality to pull off. Let the white sneaks get beat up a bit too and take a better photo. On the right track though.

Thanks for your response, I've been looking for a decent camera over the past few weeks. Although you can't tell due to the reversal, the tee is actually geometric text. I have 4 or 5 graphic tees that I wear sparingly, two S2A, two CM, and one marc by marc jacobs. I've gotten compliments on practically all of them, and I think I have the personality to pull them off. I kind of like them layered under a light jacket, shirt, etc. I see where you're coming from and I'll definitely keep that in mind in future fits.

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Love the madmax photoshop, aeglus

nice and warm out today
    [​IMG]
    brato jacket
    acne tee
    apc jeans
    german army trainers

This looks so good because it looks like clothes people actually wear and live in, relaxed as fuck
    Enough stiff, awkward poses with brand new clothes (I am guilty of this)

8. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

whodini: please PM me to know which hotel front desk to leave your brown R&B Dakota jacket at as I will be in NOLA at 5pm tomorrow. kthx.

9. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

steadily massing, this is my style until I gain enough weight in my upper body. I need a haircut soon, I have no idea what I want to style it as, will just keep growing it out until I am enlightened. [​IMG]

10. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

Screw matching your belt/shoes. Alcatraz in the background... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

bro, did you forget to button up your jeans?

ehh, the top buttonhole is worn. I need to fix it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have some patchwork to do, fixing some holes that I got after a bad run in with battery-acid.

robbie

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

"hey, can I borrow your camera? I need to take pictures of myself for the internet. thanks" [​IMG] Rick Owens Hanes Wings + horns sweatpants n. hoolywood chucks (not visible)

13. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

i forgot my huge cuffs. woops. [​IMG] clean up le chambray j crew cords yuketen

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

whodini: please PM me to know which hotel front desk to leave your brown R&B Dakota jacket at as I will be in NOLA at 5pm tomorrow.

kthx.

Not sure you'd want it post-Tropical Isle:
    [​IMG]

Besides, I, much like my hangovers, am long-gone.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AA
    MJKxWhoxUSC
    Windsor

15. BossTweed

BossTweed Senior member

Rick Owens Hanes Wings + horns sweatpants n. hoolywood chucks (not visible)
    Sweatpants are dope with that fit. Nice; might just have to pick them up myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.