• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
last couple of days.
Trying out a cuff to even up the proportions a bit.
DSC00345.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

If the Black Caps had played like i played in the back yard the other day, Australia would've been destroyed. Watch out PG and all the other Aussies!

I have a sneaking suspicion that the chucks are too slim for the leg opening of the KMWs. thoughts?

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I'd have a very hard time agreeing with Kent having more style than Scott. Kent holds his own, and usually looks pretty good, but I think Scott's fits almost always exceed his. And his leatherdaddy hat is sorta awful.

PG is a legend, and Impolyte rocks crazy hardcore steez all over this forum like nobodies business. Not to complain at all about your style sq, you definitely dress better than I do (I gotta get some new batteries for my camera sometimes so I can actually participate
tongue.gif
maybe tomorrow) but the thing about Scott is that he always just looks like he's chillin' and having a good time with what he's wearing. I think that's a big part of being steezy.

you sound stupid here.

Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak

4419704898_272399236d_o.jpg

You could definitely play the part of the next terminator. You dress very 'James Bond', even with your MC wear. I dig it.

Originally Posted by scott.m
damn you dudes are bitchy, i'm not gonna pull a kent and respond to every comment but i will say that i do have more than just white sneakers but i like wearing white sneakers and will continue to do so. if you don't like it cool, but i don't think we needed to **** up this thread so much now did we? but just for you sq since you're being a little **** i'll post a fit today with something that isn't white shoes or converse, okay? i don't think you dudes get it, i don't dress to be fashionable for the most part, i just wear clothing i'm comfortable in.
I like you for the most part, but you definitely could afford to maturate your style a bit. Teger is sorta right about the tapered jeans and chunky white sneakers, having sleeker shoes for your fits would bring it up quite a few notches while only changing one thing. But i know you are adamantly stubborn about what you do, and that's good too.

Magician, your new sig sucks.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img0069ztr.jpg

img0070lbr.jpg

EG over RRL
H&M (no vis)
N&F
BR DBs

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
I like you for the most part, but you definitely could afford to maturate your style a bit. Teger is sorta right about the tapered jeans and chunky white sneakers, having sleeker shoes for your fits would bring it up quite a few notches while only changing one thing.

This just strikes me as all sorts of wrong.

Firstly, we have too much "maturate your style" bullshit around here. Almost everyone is maturated straight to fkn grandad style. Ok, I want to see some sneakers, ok? Let the younger posters wear fckn sneakers. It's gonna be hot again soon and I don't wanna wear straight leg cuffs and red wings or anything "maturated" at all.

Secondly, totally off about the chunky shoes comment. Chunky implies they are oversized for the fit and I definitely don't see that. In fact, when I look at your fits, I almost always think your shoes are too small, so it amuses me you think his are too big. Fact is, different strokes, until you cross a line of too big / too small.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
took these shortly after the rick owens fiasco

really good, but dammit now I am going to have to go get that pink marg sweater after werk (it is close but not the same as yours).

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
started to type a long response but pretty much, my style is geared more toward a street wear esque aesthetic, i'm not gonna mature my style. everyone has different influences and inspirations in their style, mine are mine yours are yours.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nick.jpg
Woo! First WAYWT post! Shirt: T M Lewin Tank: Ted Baker Jeans: PRPS Barracuda Socks: Pringle Its worth noting that I'd been sleeping in my clothes on a friends floor when this was taken, explains the terrible state of the shirt!

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
nick.jpg
Woo! First WAYWT post! Shirt: T M Lewin Tank: Ted Baker Jeans: PRPS Barracuda Socks: Pringle Its worth noting that I'd been sleeping in my clothes on a friends floor when this was taken, explains the terrible state of the shirt!

Cricket from Always Sunny???? Jeans seem too bulky for the top, in the knee and below section.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Cricket from Always Sunny????

Jeans seem too bulky for the top, in the knee and below section.

No idea what "Cricket from Always Sunny????" means!

Unfortunately playing rugby has given me pretty wide thighs, makes it hard to find slimmer cuts that actually fit! Having said that its been about 3 months since these have been washed, so maybe its time to tighten them up a bit!

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
took these shortly after the rick owens fiasco

I hate the nudie pocket stitching still, but those jeans look perfect

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
started to type a long response but pretty much, my style is geared more toward a street wear esque aesthetic, i'm not gonna mature my style. everyone has different influences and inspirations in their style, mine are mine yours are yours.

Don't listen to the haters, scott. You bring the kind of style that SF needs more of, imo. sq4you is looking nice as well. I don't understand the hate for nudie pocket stitching. If we spent more time talking about fit and less time talking about inconsequential details like a bit of stitching SF would be a more interesting place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads