The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aether

aether Senior member

wtf is with teger's tirade?

both of snowmans pants looked good, IMO. The blue ones are good if worn with something else that that button up thing, and the fit was good. And I liked the drop crotch trousers if he untucked the shirt and wore a jacket. They don't look too big at all.

snowman, just keep honing your eye and you'll start to 'get' the look your going for. There is a little bit of incongruency with the fits and colors you use, but it will start to come together.

2. G0079

G0079 Senior member

wtf is with teger's tirade? both of snowmans pants looked good, IMO. The blue ones are good if worn with something else that that button up thing, and the fit was good. And I liked the drop crotch trousers if he untucked the shirt and wore a jacket. They don't look too big at all. snowman, just keep honing your eye and you'll start to 'get' the look your going for. There is a little bit of incongruency with the fits and colors you use, but it will start to come together.
    I don't know about the spoiler pants...I'm pretty sure these are the same ones. Are they really meant to be drop crotch? http://sundayessentials.com/2011/01/...pleated-pants/

3. aether

aether Senior member

you're right, I didnt think they were drop crotches so much as they were just high rise. But I still liked the fit on him.

4. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

wtf is with teger's tirade?

both of snowmans pants looked good, IMO. The blue ones are good if worn with something else that that button up thing, and the fit was good. And I liked the drop crotch trousers if he untucked the shirt and wore a jacket. They don't look too big at all.

snowman, just keep honing your eye and you'll start to 'get' the look your going for. There is a little bit of incongruency with the fits and colors you use, but it will start to come together.

No clue on that either.. came outta nowhere. Snowman's an ongoing experiment, and it's great to see the progress he's made from listening to opinions here. In no way has he ever been arrogant or negative towards anything people here have said, so I find it pretty odd that Teger would come in and just hate so hard on him.
    FWIW, I think that his fits have cleaned up a lot in the past month. All that he's missing is a great coat. It just looks odd to see boot tuck and shirt tuck with no coat over top of it all. He should really look at Scott's fits though, who may be short, but does an incredible job of making his proportions work to look very good in what he wears.

5. SeckBoy

SeckBoy Well-Known Member

I've had some shitty outbursts, but they've all been when I'm drunk and aimed towards people who deserved them. Snowman doesn't deserve all the hate he's been getting.

I respect him for experimenting. Probably one of the most interesting posters here, even if the fits aren't phenomenal every time.

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I don't know about the spoiler pants...I'm pretty sure these are the same ones. Are they really meant to be drop crotch? http://sundayessentials.com/2011/01/...pleated-pants/
    Yup those are them. Slouchy fit, not really drop crotch-you're right. Lols at the starwars pic. Showed it to my brother, we both got a good kick out of it. You couldn't use a pic without the glasses?!? I've made some progress since then lol!

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

I've had some shitty outbursts, but they've all been when I'm drunk and aimed towards people who deserved them. Snowman doesn't deserve all the hate he's been getting.

I respect him for experimenting. Probably one of the most interesting posters here, even if the fits aren't phenomenal every time.

I'm not "hating" on him, the issue is he looks ridiculous and keeps perpetuating the things that don't work for him, ie: boot tuck. he would look fine if he slowed down for 5 minutes and spent some time buying things in real life instead of off the internet.

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Snowx has room to improve but I'm not about to lose my shit over it...

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

it's like watching a car crash in slow motion.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

what about the last post was not a disaster? the jacket/cardigan thing is simply too big. the pants are an ugly color and the boots are ridiculous, especially when you tuck into them.
    To be fair the pants are actually darker than that. I have the same pair and they're probably my favourite job of overdying (they're actually like... spraypainted with an airbrush or something). Picture here though it isn`t really any better for detail. http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/432/013bq.jpg PS did Gilt get that Ervell jacket to you?

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

[​IMG] Attachment Patagonia Club Monaco Brooks Brothers Pants Boots

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ralph Lauren corduroy blazer
    Vintage US Army wool combat shirt, 1950's
    Bogari shirt
    Perry Ellis undershirt

(jeans my own.)

Thinking about getting the wool shirt tailored for better fit. Critiques/savagery welcome.

Thanks.

13. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

fck jwied, you got to fix that beard

Reasonable minds will differ. I think it enhances his "look."

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

lollin at the snowman hate. someone with a 4 digit postcount shits on him and all the haters come out of the woodwork. last i checked, said haters were wearing ocbd of the day/selvedge of the day/db's.

nice to see somebody trying and taking all the criticism in stride. some people need to get over themselves

15. cocks

cocks Well-Known Member

[​IMG] H&M blazer Fred Perry polo Levis 510 Fred Perry shoes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.