The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quasky

quasky Senior member

i actually think kix's birks work well in the context of that fit. also doesn't hurt that the mr. freedom peacoat and the 3sixteen+s are both badass pieces.

2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

What's the point of this post

To show you that someone had already asked and got an answer. But have no fear! There is a CtK-proof post three above this one. Not that it will matter.

3. G0079

G0079 Senior member

but seriously - learn to have some clothing common sense
    Teger's got a point, but I love to watch this experimental try-and-buy thing over time. Learning by doing.

4. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

I really wasn't feeling kix's fit, I'm afraid. The birks were the nail in the coffin for me but the torso wasn't a whole lot better. First I got a kind of Canadian Tuxedo vibe from the multiple denim pieces, and on top of that, the denim coat, neck kerchief, and engineer's hat gave me a real whiff of Model Train Enthusiast.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

well i could do what im doing now-or i could do what CtK does and asks, "why is this better than that?" im feeling the product and learning as well. edit: they are a 48, so it might be your size [​IMG]

6. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

Snowman, it looks like you're wearing those pants kind of high, If they're meant to be drop croth, then wear them on your hips and let the crotch drop. They still probably won't work, but it might be an improvement.

FYI: I don't have a camera, but I am wearing a white t-shirt tucked into high-waisted triple-pleated grey flannel pants right now. Black dress belt, black boots.

7. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

Also, to the people wearing birkenstocks: stop it.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

teger: did you even see the pants??(im assuming youre talking about the spolier pics)

they have an elastic hem, they are not made to fit mc style.. (mc hammer style is a diff story)
    yes they dont fit properly but i wanted to try them on, they are already in the process of being returned.

dude all of your clothing choices are just bewildering. its like a grabbag of random designers from random aesthetics... you're like a carousel of clothing that will inevitably hit the B&S forum.

you seem to want advice, so if here is some: for the love of god stop boot tucking

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

well i could do what im doing now-or i could do what CtK does and asks, "why is this better than that?"

There is a lot of middle ground. CtK is a dumbass, and you are, too, in your own way. I think there are better ways to up your style than dropping insane cash on designer stuff that doesn't work for you. I don't know if anyone here has asked you this before, but what are you even going for?

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

wore this today:
    [​IMG]

i just got these viktor and rolf pants in from ssense. checking to see if i should keep or not.
    they have the waist pinned at the back by the tailor. these are meant to be drop crotch/harem pants.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. your jacket/cardigan is too big and makes you look a child
    2. the color of the jeans/pants is ugly
    3. boot tuck is ridiculous. you look like a fucking tiny jockey.

come on dude..

11. funkdoobi

funkdoobi Senior member

snowman really needs to work on his proportions. get professionally measured by a tailor, then always consider those sizes when buying clothes. not drop crotch or massively baggy shit. dont buy a large when you're medium, etc.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

i just dont understand him at all. ive seen him piss away thousands of dollars on clothing (taking huge losses on his stupid purchases) and he seems to have learned literally nothing.

he needs to stop fucking buying clothes online.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

stop acting like its a tragedy. im sure you have something else to worry about[​IMG]

everything in my last fit fits the way i intended it to.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

if that clothing fits how you intended it to fit (and you think it looks good) I think you should pursue another hobby.

15. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.