• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

themidship22

Reaction score
snowman

I feel your fits have nothing to bring them together. The top and bottom seem to be in seperate worlds. With only showing threes articles they really need to work because theres very little to give them unity. Simple fits can work. Yours don't.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, I never see any congruency as well.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think snowman´s look often work. Some dressy futuristic space nazi thing. The interior of the house doesnt match the look at all though.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol! I agree with the interior not matching the clothing. It's a cardigan with soft cotton jeans, not Japanese cotton with a sheen. I think the jeans pull the whole outfit together. If I was to wear somet jeans I think it would look out of place, I put some thought behind what I wear. I actually bought the Ann d boots with the mmm jeans in mind, they go well together.
Spoiler fit was an experiment just to see if the pants are ok for my body type. If they were reg slim trousers I think that fit would go well with the poplin button up I have on. Poplin and cloth trousers are made for each other. The fact that the neck is not a traditional collar just requires some imagination.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
More flannel and suede

waywrnstripes.jpg

What kind of shoes are these? Everything looks good.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
Lol! I agree with the interior not matching the clothing. It's a cardigan with soft cotton jeans, not Japanese cotton with a sheen. I think the jeans pull the whole outfit together. If I was to wear somet jeans I think it would look out of place, I put some thought behind what I wear. I actually bought the Ann d boots with the mmm jeans in mind, they go well together.
Spoiler fit was an experiment just to see if the pants are ok for my body type. If they were reg slim trousers I think that fit would go well with the poplin button up I have on. Poplin and cloth trousers are made for each other. The fact that the neck is not a traditional collar just requires some imagination.

Ann D boots require different stuff than what you are wearing, at least in the latest pics.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks, E2W. C&J Belgrave.

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
What kind of shoes are these? Everything looks good.

This convinces me he's a troll.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This convinces me he's a troll.
What's the point of this post

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fck jwied, you got to fix that beard

coldforge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
japanese mags say they're cool!

Is that really true? I must have missed that memo. It would make sense if they did.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
japanese mags say they're cool!
No joke?
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Are Birkenstocks really any worse than Clarks or something?
I honestly don't think normal birkenstocks are offensive - I'd take them over thong sandals any day, but birkenclogs take it to the next level.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
goddamnit snowmanxl you look so ******* bad, especially for the apparently endless amount of money you piss down the clothing hole.

also why do you keep boot tucking? you are short, and tucking makes you look even shorter.

take 1/10th of the money you spend on random designer **** from european websites and go to a tailor and get your pants properly hemmed (this will do wonders).

honestly part of me hopes you keep posting like you do because it's pretty entertaining (and such a boon for people your size on buy & sell), but seriously - learn to have some clothing common sense

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I can't really judge whether someone's trolling or not, I'll just answer.

C&J (Crockett & Jones) Belgrave (model name) 337 (last number), Polo Brown (colour) Suede (leather type), Handgrade (quality). Oxfords with a brogued toecap, leather soles with aftermarket sunken metal toe taps, attached with four brass self-tapping slot head screws. That should do it, I think.

belgravesi.jpg

belgravesii.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
teger: did you even see the pants??(im assuming youre talking about the spolier pics)

they have an elastic hem, they are not made to fit mc style.. (mc hammer style is a diff story)
yes they dont fit properly but i wanted to try them on, they are already in the process of being returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads