• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I'm just sick of modern internet snark-humor. It's not really funny nor biting but just kinda lame most the time. Especially when it's non-stop

In general or on SF? This place is great for many things. Humor is not one of them.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really? edmorel and vox generally crack me up.

btw what is with the CUSS spam in MC. It's CUSS this CUSS that. I think I missed the memo

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^more stupid mc ****

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
gross, but because you're new: the cardigan, or shirt, or both are too big around the waist. I can see it bunching up and creating an ugly mess around your stomach. The horizontal pattern also makes it look like it's pulling, even when it's not, so it's a bad visual effect. Jeans are a matter of taste I guess, I hate the "slim but still hanging straight down with a sharp knee crease" look.
Huh? I thought it looked just fine. Maybe the shirt under was a bit big in the waist causing some fake lovehandle thing.
Originally Posted by otter
i really dont know why ppl post their faces when they know they look like tools
Actually... without your head I always thought you looked a bit like a douche but once I saw pics with your face you look pretty normal. Well built, but not scary. I was imagining some kind of chin strap, piercings, spiky hair, etc. You look, well, "nice".
Originally Posted by indesertum
btw what is with the CUSS spam in MC. It's CUSS this CUSS that. I think I missed the memo
yeah, WTF is that Cuss stuff? some inside joke from real life meetups? Screw real life, that's what I say.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
It's been a while.

DSC01581.jpg

Fill it and and put some bubbles in...I'm on my way.

Originally Posted by snake
14bqni1.jpg

wjk denim hook shirt
MofM twisted tee
Viridi-Anne linen trousers
KK Attachment waxed boots

I thought this was going to say: "m.a.+ leather shirt"

Originally Posted by kixslf
15f2jus.jpg

Polaroid Portraits

Cheer Up Charlies

thats why i think socal looks good in the more tailored/fitted clothes , rather than some of the other costumes he was wearing ,as he looked like he was swimming in them

then you look at a guy like chant/christian on sz/sufu who is as tall as socal, but more athletic who can pull off some of the looks that socal couldnt

the lucky ones with good proportions, and i would throw eason in there, dont have to try/think about what they have to wear as some others...even though that might disagree

If I had your pecs Otter it'd be another thing.

Originally Posted by Leonard Leroy

If you click, you see the back of my head.

Cut your hair before you get clocked in the back of the head.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
oldie but goodie from last spring in honor of a >50 degree day Raf Simons
milparty.jpg
However...my night will not end up like it did last year.
frown.gif
IMG_7759.jpg
IMG_4810.jpg

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
indesertum;3029012 said:
really? edmorel and vox generally crack me up.

btw what is with the CUSS spam in MC. It's CUSS this CUSS that. I think I missed the memo[/QUCUSS is from the fantastic mr fox DUH

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bonus outtakes, alternate angles and R-rated scenes of my two recent portrait shoots are now available on Mode Parade:
2uj4chv.jpg
I don't think you're ready for this jelly Also, I like the casual stylings from Kelvinsense and Zissou. Quality photographs, both

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol @ the picture slowly loading and having **** fill my screen

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thats why i think socal looks good in the more tailored/fitted clothes , rather than some of the other costumes he was wearing ,as he looked like he was swimming in them
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
If I had your pecs Otter it'd be another thing.

I dont think RO himself is that built ? but who knows what's going on under there
rick-owens-by-hanneli-mustaparta2.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick Owens isn't huge but he is definitely in shape.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
It's an anatomic tight raglan block vs a classic set-in sleeve, cropped rider's jacket with very little darting on my Moto or anything similar. Two very different styles that appeal to different people, I actually didn't like the Julius. It does give almost anyone (and I have 17.5" wide shoulders and a 35.5-36" chest and a natural 28" waist, ie a 46 jacket/44 pants) a flared hip look unintentionally; the natural way of wearing something that tight at the top would be to pair it with a baggy pair of pants, and that is how Julius themselves generally present it; compressed top, flowy bloused pants, compressed boots.
It was my roommate's who offered it to me, I wore it for awhile, and then decided I didn't want it, I prefer my margiela. I sold the matching Julius Engineer boots as well, didn't really like those either. Goth ninja on the Japanese over-detailed level requires more commitment to an aesthetic than Rick/other European goth ninja, which can be worn in some other contexts.

I'm getting some new leather jackets for my personal collection but none will be goth ninjer.
redface.gif

I agree that the Margiela look much better. I love the quality of Julius, but I've got incredibly narrow shoulders, especially relative to the size of my hips, and wearing a Julius leather at the correct size exacerbates the problem twice as much as you. More aggressively cut Rick leathers like the Intarsia have the same problem - body like a coke bottle if you have any hips whatsoever. The raglan shoulders on Julius work with such a small amount of matching bottom aesthetics that I'd really wish dude would make a jacket with less darting and more traditional shoulders, but then again, that really wouldn't be Julius, would it?

Every time I try on a Julius leather, I realize that it absolutely never works with the rest of the clothes I'm wearing, but that still isn't stopping me from trying to skim one for sub-$750 on Y!Auctions.. The quality/price ration on them really is second-to-none

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And btw, someone said how you simply can't size up on Julius leathers.. just found this pic on Yahoo
vfyw5v.jpg
baldy[1].gif
(at least he's selling it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads