The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filth

filth Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] wings + horn robert geller x levis wings + horn nudies

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

^ Awesome.
    +1
    zissou - nice man
    Zissou fit is fantastic, and it shows how good a substantial double cuff can look on the Roy x Cone jeans.
    zissou looks amazing and lel is pissing me off because white tapered jeans are fucking impossible to find
    Thanks, guys...(sorry for all of the quotes)

IMG
    Blasphemy! [​IMG]
    zissou, at what height relative to you and how far away from you is the camera placed? You're always among the best indoor photographers in the thread.. any other tips? I'm often tempted to try a fitpic but my attempts in the past have distorted the proportions so badly that I wouldn't even bother posting.
    Thanks. The camera is always chest height clear across the room. If I frame myself entirely within a photo, the outer edge get distorted because it's just a little point and shoot (albeit a decent 12MP Panasonic Lumix). So, I stand far away and then crop the photo. Lots of indirect natural light is key, and that room has a huge picture window. Stand about 45 degrees towards the light, with the camera facing towards you, but away from the light. There you go.

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

ghostbusters needs different shoes, and filth needs any shoes. And maybe less outerwear.

4. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

And maybe less outerwear.

that parka is so ugly. i think it's meant for moms taking their dogs out for walks in the rainy mountain trails in north vancouver along with all the other outdoor performancewear sporting walkers...

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

+1 @cow. Somet makes a tapered white denim. The denim I had on in yesterdays waywt was somet 030, same cut as the white pair on BiG.
    Lel are your jeans dirty? Looks real good either way.

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks. The camera is always chest height clear across the room.

My indoor shots by the door changed camera angle from waist to chest height since my last red dr fit and my proportions look much better (less stumpy legs). Even a small bit of difference in camera positioning makes a huge difference on how you look!

7. filth

filth Senior member

ghostbusters needs different shoes, and filth needs any shoes. And maybe less outerwear.

its a denim vest though haha

8. cez

cez Senior member

ghosts shoes look waaaaaaay to long. i'm talking olive oil steeze.

[​IMG]

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

its a denim vest though haha

Did not see that one coming. Still looks weird, though.

10. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

snow in ny

+j
    BoO
    apc
    tretorn

I like this. I'm guessing it's just the angle that's making the shoes look huge?

11. ghostbusters101

ghostbusters101 Well-Known Member

I like this. I'm guessing it's just the angle that's making the shoes look huge?

yeah they don't look that big irl. that being said, I had to size up on them because they're snow boots and I wear 2x wool socks underneath.

12. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Thanks Z! I'll have to try again using your advice. I now see that my indoor shots are doomed to distortion because of my tiny rooms. I could use the hall, but the lighting is horrible (right on my head). Your technique gives me some good ideas to reference for outdoor shooting though.

+1 @cow. Somet makes a tapered white denim. The denim I had on in yesterdays waywt was somet 030, same cut as the white pair on BiG.

I really hate what Somet did with their tapered models. From BiG:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If Triple Works made a white version of their tapered jeans, I'd definately buy.
    I have some raw white APCs that have a pretty nice taper. I got them from someone who works at GQ (they were sent over by APC) and haven't seen them available anywhere. Raf by Raf has some decent washed whites and off-whites.. just kind of cheaply made like the rest of the line.

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

I hate those tretorn boots. Some dude at a local boutique was pushing them hard on me a few weeks back and I had to give him the gas face.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG] haven't heard that in so long i think we're long lost bruvas, green vests, timbs, gas face where does the uncanniness stop?

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just want a cheapo pair for like 50-100 that I can try on in person. After getting my wallet and galaxy s stolen plus saving up key money for an apartment I'm too poor to buy nice stuff for a while [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.