The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cdw
    wh
    apc
    ph
    lol

For the amount of shit you talk...that's petty 'meh'. Just like your last fit (the scarf reminded me of that 'blanket around the neck' kid from a while ago). You should leave the tags on your stuff or post some receipts lest someone think your outfit came from walmart.

PS, I'm back. [​IMG]

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Eh I got rid of that coat within a day so unless you're deriving amusement from the 4 year old phone or shitty razor IDK what to say bro. And yes I wear white tshirts and pajamas when I'm just lounging around the house; I don't play dress up just to take a nice picture for my friends on the internet.

either way dude not sure why you posted a pic of mine (that i agree isn't that great) compared to tagut. at least i have some sort of cultivated aesthetic, appreciated or not. i don't get why tagut posts at all

3. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

at least i have some sort of cultivated aesthetic, appreciated or not. i don't get why tagut posts at all

I have addressed this matter before:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1174

And the last fit is not part of any cultivated aesthetic of mine (I never wear long-sleeve shirts because it tends to draw attention to my stubby tagutarms,) it was a one-off kludged together for a very specific, narrow purpose. And yes, I put some thought and care into most of my outfits, I'm not just throwing shit against the wall as most of you seem to think. What bothers me is when n00bs try to school me with "D00D WE DO"NT WEAR GRAPHIC TEES AROUND HERE GET SOME AA AND U"LL BE SF-APPROVED!!!1"

4. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I don't really like tagut's fits, but I like that he posts fits. I don't really know what the deal is with people constantly telling him he looks like shit.

I bet if you slicked your hair back, wore a contrast-collar shirt, slim trousers and boots you'd look like a badass, angry wall-street trader.

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

any cultivated aesthetic of mine . . . I'm not just throwing shit against the wall

I think this is the part most of us are interested in. Care to expand on it?

7. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

[​IMG]

J. Crew
    WWM
    Left Field
    Red Wing

Thoughts?

Better than jet's, and I think it's because of the slightly more interesting vest.

8. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Better than jet's, and I think it's because of the slightly more interesting vest.

I think mine was a bit cheaper too...

Just noticed that the right pocket flap is tucked in...gross...please forgive.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

That CDW is a bit too pedestrian and puffy. Also seems a bit mountain-wear/ workwear (which is what gives it its pedestrian look, I suppose). You could have done much better in a Cucinelli vest. Otherwise, it might have been slightly better though in a nicer green, or some material that would give the color some depth. Perhaps a wool? Or perhaps even CDW's other model (North by Northwest), where the metal buttons don't show (giving it a slightly less REI look). All in all, given how simple this is, I think you need something special in order to make this interesting. Again, that probably could have been achieved through the other "Italian vest" - Cucinelli. The Asian military uniform inspired collar is especially nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can you shut up. kthnxbye

what is ph in jet's fit? looks like red wings [​IMG]

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

pierre hardy

11. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Planet Hollywood. He loves to eat there and grab some t-shirts after hitting up J. Crew.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

i think every fit needs some pbr photoshopped in from now on before it's allowed in the thread

13. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

can you shut up. kthnxbye

The Urban Outfitters jeans you're selling look pretty rad. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm looking for some grail Obey outerwear. Can you proxy?

14. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I bet if you slicked your hair back, wore a contrast-collar shirt, slim trousers and boots you'd look like a badass, angry wall-street trader.

plz do this tagut. plz.

15. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.