Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

2. xM.

xM. Senior member

I'd suggest visiting a few shops for glasses. Even if you don't buy them, and even if you buy a different pair online, you need to be able to get a sense of what works and most importantly what size you'll need.

You're goign to want to find actual measurements if you buy online, too. Stuff like what's on LN-CC (approximately 5.5" across the frame and 5.5" along the arms) is really useless when you're looking for something that works because it doesn't factor in shape and width of the lenses.

3. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

one day...one day[​IMG]

i play on this look, mixed in with some dress elements.

Have you considered contacts or surgery? I'm not necessarily advocating eye surgery to improve your fits for the internet, but some people just don't look good in glasses no matter what pair they wear...and I think you're one of those people who would do well to invest in non-glasses options. I was too (hence why I got surgery done).

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah i agree, i need to go and try the frames on...no arguments there.

edit: john, yeah i was considering laser eye, and thats why ive put off buying new glasses. kinda weary tho. (i think ive mentioned this before) i have contacts as well, just dont wear them lol!! maybe ill give them another chance.

5. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

one day...one day[​IMG] i play on this look, mixed in with some dress elements.
    No. You may think you do but you don't. If I saw you walking down the street I would chuckle. Their are some people that just are what they wear and their are some people that try to be what they want to wear. You are the latter. We will use Kunk for instance, he just seems to fit what he wears, not sure why or how but it's fitting for him. Aegus pulls his style off well, shit even Synthesomeshit can 90% of the time get it to work(minus the garbage bag jacket from last week.) You on the other hand just seem to try to wear what you find to be cool. I see a lot of stuff on the net, on the street, in stores that I think is cool but I have come to understand what will work for me and what wont. hopefully you find that too some day. None of this is done in hate.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

No. You may think you do but you don't.

If I saw you walking down the street I would chuckle. Their are some people that just are what they wear and their are some people that try to be what they want to wear. You are the latter. We will use Kunk for instance, he just seems to fit what he wears, not sure why or how but it's fitting for him. Aegus pulls his style off well, shit even Synthesomeshit can 90% of the time get it to work(minus the garbage bag jacket from last week.) You on the other hand just seem to try to wear what you find to be cool. I see a lot of stuff on the net, on the street, in stores that I think is cool but I have come to understand what will work for me and what wont. hopefully you find that too some day.

None of this is done in hate, I am a realist and instead of looking at your post and lying to you like most do I will go out on a limb and say to start over or at least thats what I think.

you location would lead me to believe otherwise [​IMG]

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

my garbage bag jacket is really useful for hauling all my excess swag around.

8. URALLMORONS

you location would lead me to believe otherwise [​IMG]

I am rarely in my home state. I travel for work to NYC and Chicago about 10 weeks out of every three months.

9. URALLMORONS

my garbage bag jacket is really useful for hauling all my excess swag around.
    [​IMG]

10. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

edit: john, yeah i was considering laser eye, and thats why ive put off buying new glasses. kinda weary tho. (i think ive mentioned this before) i have contacts as well, just dont wear them lol!! maybe ill give them another chance.

Best part about Lasik is that it corrects your vision to 20/15, meaning you see things better than average. That honestly made me consider it, so I could feel like some sort of superman.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Doesn't seem fun at all.
    It's been argued that kunk doesn't fit the aesthetic because he's muscular. Also a suburban dad. I don't agree with changing the way you dress because of your lifestyle. This method seems fake to me. One should wear what makes them happy. I find the pieces I own interesting and "cool" but is within my steeze. I don't think I'd be comfortable in ro swing pants for example but are awesome imo.

Lol at superman, does it come with xray??

12. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Not hard to find, baller enough or Japanese street fashion for your taste I take it [​IMG]
    You god damn right it ain't.

hahahahaa that's my boy

love it

You know what it iiiissss.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

@snowman not about "what you do," more about how you look in the clothes - people are talking about body type here, I think. Your clothes consistently look like they're wearing you, mostly because none of the pieces mesh with each other. Like, the KVA scarf shirt is rad, the jeans are jeans, and the Ann D boots are rad. Together, they are [​IMG] This doesn't mean that if you put together an outfit consisting entirely of KVA it would look good, or anything. Like, the boots would look good with trousers, probably fuller ones. The top would look better with cloth pants also, probably, and the jeans are jeans.

14. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I just got it done (in Canada). PM if you want any advice on it (I'd recommend the procedure to anyone, it's worth every penny).

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

snowman are your glasses TF5027? They sorta look like it. I have the same pair and can't quite figure out why they look so bad on you because every person I let try them on looks really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.