The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Rick sneakers are massive. [​IMG] I don't think I've seen a fit where they looked great. MMMs are another thing altogether.
    Aeg rocks the fake rick dunks, Fuuma rocks the real ones.

2. thirditem

thirditem Member

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

Sweet Jesus...

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

[​IMG]
    H&M vest H&M vneck

Love it. Where to kop breasts?

5. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

[​IMG]
    Second WAYWT post, I think...

I generally dislike dufflecoats, but this one is really nice.
    Yeah, no kidding. The one pictured is a 36R and I should easily be wearing a 34R. I even found a blazer at a thrift shop marked 33R once that fit perfectly. It was black, double-breasted and had silver buttons though, so I didn't buy it. As most are aware, I became a pretty big fan of Epaulet this last year and I was anxiously awaiting their sport coats until I found out they aren't doing size 34 in the initial run. So in the meantime, I'm going to try to look into Thick as Thieves at some point in the next couple of months. I've been meaning to for awhile and it just keeps getting delayed when other stuff comes up.
    I'm unfortunately in the same boat as you. I have a 35" chest, and they don't make jackets that small. When they do, they're by brands like APC, and they'll come with overly thin lapels, high buttoning points, and short jackets - details that I think look trendy and juvenile. I hate to say it, since TaT is done by some fellow forumites, but I don't think they're a good value. The suits I've seen by them rarely fit well. Worse, you can't return the item or resell it for much value since it was custom made for you. I also dislike Indochino, as they make suits in just as terrible of cuts, but I like that they'll allow you to return an order. If you absolutely can't save up enough money to go bespoke, try them. Otherwise, if you're serious about getting a suit, save up $1,200-1,500 and get something bespoke. It will be much, much better than MTM because certain issues just can't be captured by a simple MTM measure - such as sleeve pitch, shoulder slopes, and lateral balance on your pants. I imagine you don't need more than one suit anyway, given how old you look, so you might as well make it the perfect one. Of course, if you can't afford that, then MTM is fine. I've also heard good things about RL, Brooks, and Armani MTM programs, but for the prices they charge, you might as well go low end bespoke. Before you go MTM or bespoke, however, I suggest you lurk the MC side of the board for 8-12 months, and spend some time trying on different suits in stores. I think your taste in the details (lapel width, length, buttoning point, patch vs. welt pockets, Neapolitan vs. British shoulders, ticket pockets vs. none, etc) will change dramatically, and you need to be sure your taste is in an equilibrium before you drop that amount of cash. Good luck finding good suit. I empathize.

6. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

"stanley van buuren, i'd like you to meet my friend, thirditem. i feel you two would make a great couple"

7. thirditem

thirditem Member

will you be my third item?

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

H&M vest
    H&M vneck

fabulous

9. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

will you be my third item?

do i get free lanvin?

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

SVB, you do look pretty decent in your first shot and what I see is that your hair has the most volume to it there out of all the shots which does good things for your facial proportions.

11. thirditem

thirditem Member

do i get free lanvin?

yes, but only if i am permitted to dress you up in my love

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I hate to say it, since TaT is done by some fellow forumites, but I don't think they're a good value. The suits I've seen by them rarely fit well. Worse, you can't return the item or resell it for much value since it was custom made for you.

Yeah, I've seen the mixed results. The one saving grace is that I'm in LA and can therefore get measured in person. It looks like most of the bad results are due to people not measuring themselves correctly. The good results don't have this issue, and assuming that works for me, then it would be good value.

I'm actually an attorney (like half this board, it seems), so buying just one suit isn't going to work for me. But from what I regularly see at the courthouse, basic MTM is going to put me way ahead, even if it isn't perfect.

Sounds like we are in similar boats tho; and I can't tell you how many times salesman and even tailors have tried to tell me a 36R (or sometimes even a 38R, if that's all they had) was "my size" and "fit great." At least now I know better.

13. StanleyVanBuren

"stanley van buuren, i'd like you to meet my friend, thirditem. i feel you two would make a great couple"

oh goddammit so much

14. themidship22

themidship22 Senior member

[​IMG]

H&M vest
    H&M vneck

Worth Quoting. Best fit of the last.. 20-30 pages.
    FABULOUS!

15. StanleyVanBuren

ya know, when I post joke photos (as above), I try to make it pretty obvious that's what I'm doing. Then I see stuff that I assume MUST be joking that doesn't come with any such similar indication and it really makes me wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.