The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

looks really good man, seeing the sneakers clearly really makes this fit

2. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

My Ande Whalls blew out with only slightly more wear than my Nudies despite being way better constructed. Just patch them up and keep going was what I did. Nudie denim quality is far from spectacular but is a big step up from Levi's or mall brands, I don't own any APC but I've handled them and didn't think the denim was anything special. ymmv, I just don't think people should ignore the entire brand just because some of their offerings are bad, there are definitely some good nudies out there.

I bought some Nudies SJDJ for 149€ and after some 6 or so months I had a major crotch blow out, and I don't think that I stressed them too hard. After some more months the jeans were literally unwearable.

A while later I bought a very similar looking and fitting pair of ZARA Dry Denim jeans for 39€. This is almost 2 years ago and I wore the shit out of them. Not only they fade beautifully and look great, I don't have the slightest problems with blow out's or whatever. I still wear them on a regular basis while my Nudies died a long time ago.

I find Nudies totally overrated and overpriced.

3. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

nice snake good but needs different shoes
    [​IMG]
    Probably true, but it's a pretty casual fit and I do like the GATs with khaki pants..obviously the brands don't really blend, but I think the pieces work ok together. Would have thrown on Trickers but getting onto the roof involves a little climbing [​IMG]

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

solid man of kent

Cheers.

[​IMG]

Cascadia
    W+H
    Gitman (no vis)
    W+H
    Danner

I like this - particularly the jacket/shirt.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I bought some Nudies SJDJ for 149€ and after some 6 or so months I had a major crotch blow out, and I don't think that I stressed them too hard. After some more months the jeans were literally unwearable.

A while later I bought a very similar looking and fitting pair of ZARA Dry Denim jeans for 39€. This is almost 2 years ago and I wore the shit out of them. Not only they fade beautifully and look great, I don't have the slightest problems with blow out's or whatever. I still wear them on a regular basis while my Nudies died a long time ago.

I find Nudies totally overrated and overpriced.

I think this happens to so many people because Nudie over-starches their jeans and then tells people not to wash them.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I don't like to hate, but is anybody else really sick of this aesthetic or do i spend too much time on sf?

I dunno but I'm a little sick of the burn-too-much-/-make-weak-excuses-/-not-deliver-on-promised-SF-sgt.-pepper-shop-and-now-sgt.-pepper-idea-is-played aesthetic

7. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

I have owned 7 pairs of nudies and never had a crotch blowout. It's the luck of the draw. Actually, I have never had a single crotch blowout on any pair of jeans in my entire life. You guys need to stop rubbing yourselves so hard all day long [​IMG]

8. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Thanks guys. Finally back from my little road trip, got a lot of catching up to do.

The anticipation right before that net drop was terrifying, I couldn't even look down.

9. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

I have owned 7 pairs of nudies and never had a crotch blowout. It's the luck of the draw. Actually, I have never had a single crotch blowout on any pair of jeans in my entire life. You guys need to stop rubbing yourselves so hard all day long [​IMG]

me neither
    i think it's because many people buy their raw denim in way too small sizes.

10. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

South willard bought 4 of the ss alpaca/wool scarves. Mine, snake's and DLester's, who has the 4th? Ahahaha. [​IMG]

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

South willard bought 4 of the ss alpaca/wool scarves. Mine, snake's and DLester's, who has the 4th? Ahahaha. [​IMG]

I WANT ONE TOO [​IMG]

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

[​IMG] Schott Chucks Raggler Wool Socks Reigning Champ Recycled Cotton Sweats
    These are incredible

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

14. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

i guess i'm the only one who thinks those are really ugly and blobby

nope

15. cez

cez Senior member

not he only one. i just chose to bite my tongue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.