Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Look dawg, there ain't nothing imaginative, creative, stylin, insert adjective here about wearing one designer head to toe that shit is wack as fuck you get clowned in the real world wake up and stop livin on the internet son.

2. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

yawn, nice fit pic with hanes, btw. I bet it feels good having internet buddies high five you for a blurry ass pic where you cant see shizz. wtf does kunk have to do with me???
    I'm hardly jet's "internet buddy" and even I think his fit this week has been one of the better ones on here in a while. That Yao Chaplin guy looks like like he's going to a costume party, but melted before he could arrive. Some of you guys need to dial yourselves back a bit and stop trying to flair out with every single thing you've bought off the internet.

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Look dawg, there ain't nothing imaginative, creative, stylin, insert adjective here about wearing one designer head to toe that shit is wack as fuck you get clowned in the real world wake up and stop livin on the internet son.

Hope Kunk isn't reading.

and Lane, what the fuck? Really, dude.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

yes, but doesn't he wear the "SZ uniform" pretty much? Have you ever looked at their waywt? I mean, assuming Faust didn't ban you for clicking on it.

Also, ARW, I think you're right about yohji. Also, you should probably buy more Jil.

um, I lurk there mostly, but the "SZ uniform" isn't really yohji or whatever. Plus, every forum has a "uniform." To say this one doesn't would be kinda hilarious. Either way I don't get the point you are trying to make...so he wears something the forum approves of? this means what?

clowned in the real world? I bet people respect you for wearing Schneider over some jcpenny shit, right? Are you kidding me? None of us dress for most people because the masses don't even the know the first thing about any of the brands discussed on whatever forum on the net.

Just people someone is wearing one designer doesn't mean it didn't take thought in piecing it together. Plus, its incredibly risky as yohji doesn't look good on just anybody. It takes thought and experience to pull it off as well as putting on anything else. I don't know why you are against people wearing all of one designer. I don't see how doing that or mixing and matching is any different, since they both could end up looking good. Plus some designers just look better if you wear more of it on its own.

5. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

plus, the reason why I said he kills the whole forum is because he has the balls to go beyond the safe brands worn here by most...it wasn't really hate. Either way I dont gives a fugg though cuz peeps already hating on the dude.
    This isn't a contest on who can be push the most boundaries. Stop trying to be the Dada of fashion. Most avant garde movements are just filled with dickheads anyway who have totally left the realm of aesthetics and beauty, and instead become completely concerned ideas. If that's your bag, then you should only talk to people who are in that conversation, because others are clearly going to clown you for having some really retarded aesthetic sense.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Why do you talk like a college professor in some posts and like a thug in others? "I ain't even know" is lulzworthy, son.
    Who cares really? It's how it came out when I typed it. You still think I don't like you because I pointed out that thing don't you. Don't worry about it mang just do your thing. I kind of like that briefcase you're selling btw. Re: the Lane thing, since he's under scrutiny can someone give me a rundown on what dude is about? Like I am aware of his existence but only in a sort of hazy, nondescript way - I would be somewhat hard pressed to identify him with any discernible perspective on clothes. I don't even know how Jet is hating, that's what I meant by I dunno what to say about him, like I actually wouldn't know what to say positive or negative. What thread is this again anyway.
    This isn't a contest on who can be push the most boundaries. Stop trying to be the Dada of fashion. Most avant garde movements are just filled with dickheads anyway who have totally left the realm of aesthetics and beauty, and instead become completely concerned ideas. If that's your bag, then you should only talk to people who are in that conversation, because others are clearly going to clown you for having some really retarded aesthetic sense.
    SHOTS FIRED AT FUUMA No he'd probably say "that has nothing remotely to do with me". I dunno if I can even deal with SWD at this point, Chasingred's posts actually make me [​IMG]

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

so, uh, fashion ends at chinos and raw denim? I guess you're right though. Cuz I am caught up in "ideas." However, people were talking shizz bout his fits just cuz they were "avant-garde(hate umbrella terms)." Don't get why that is warranted when peeps all dress a certain way here as well.

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

You made my point for me: that FtB wears SZ-approved brands, just as many people here wear SF-approved brands. I don't think he's "pushing boundaries" like, for example, jogu probably is. Or heirloom. Or a million other people. I also just haven't ever loved any of his fits.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

fair enough synthese

10. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

You made my point for me: that FtB wears SZ-approved brands, just as many people here wear SF-approved brands. I don't think he's "pushing boundaries" like, for example, jogu probably is. Or heirloom. Or a million other people. I also just haven't ever loved any of his fits.

I can understand Jogu's fits sometimes, but Heirloom's always bother me. I tried to see Heirloom's fits in the real world, but just can't feel the love on SZ.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

so, uh, fashion ends at chinos and raw denim?
    Man don't ask him about that, you're wasting an opportunity to drink from a fount of knowledge that can educate you on how best to hem your pants so as to make your legs look longer. Honestly as far as SZ fits go there are actually some good ones, but that chick that posts there takes awesome pics. Obsoletes newthunder (obscure SF waywt reference ftw?) EDIT: It appears her SN is Flux. Also, now that I've looked at SZ waywt a bit more, I note that impolyt, nicelynice and kunk and ftb (both of whom I thought were banned) are all posting up in thurr. Some good stuff. Will look more regularly.

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

SHOTS FIRED AT FUUMA

"C'est à moi que tu parles? C'est à moi que tu parles, putain?"
    [​IMG]

why did he post a fit pic of his sis

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

um, I lurk there mostly, but the "SZ uniform" isn't really yohji or whatever. Plus, every forum has a "uniform." To say this one doesn't would be kinda hilarious. Either way I don't get the point you are trying to make...so he wears something the forum approves of? this means what?

clowned in the real world? I bet people respect you for wearing Schneider over some jcpenny shit, right? Are you kidding me? None of us dress for most people because the masses don't even the know the first thing about any of the brands discussed on whatever forum on the net.

Just people someone is wearing one designer doesn't mean it didn't take thought in piecing it together. Plus, its incredibly risky as yohji doesn't look good on just anybody. It takes thought and experience to pull it off as well as putting on anything else. I don't know why you are against people wearing all of one designer. I don't see how doing that or mixing and matching is any different, since they both could end up looking good. Plus some designers just look better if you wear more of it on its own

smh, your dumbass just said jcpenney shit then go on to say the masses don't recognize brands discussed...here's a tip junior they don't know the difference between a hanes tee or a geller tee and neither would you if you didn't spend 19hrs a day on a fashion forum bc you have no access to shit posting about your beloved garbage brands that I can get for cheaper than what I choose to buy for myself bc I have connects to the store and you last few points if you can call them that are utterly retarded because you're a) young and impressionable and b) you've been spending way too much time on sz drinking the koolaid...bottom line you're still a dork in expensive clothes that you bought used because you really can't afford them but are trying to convey to everyone that you can so you can fit in

*dusts hands*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.