The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softy

softy Senior member

2. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

^shots fired! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

dude. I know I dress like shit...that's why I'm on this site. But saying stuff like that isn't really constructive towards helping me learn how to dress better.
    sorry dude, wasn't trying to backhand you, just didn't think your hair was so bad it deserved attention over your clothes. quick critique since i don't have time to go in-depth: coat looks pretty bad especially with only one button done up, visible white crew neck under a button up looks bad imo, and shirt seems slightly too big though maybe it's just a sloppy cut lol at chasingred's advice. don't sag, stack, or do anything that deviates from the crisp-cut MC silhouette norm

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

(found out it's going to be a girl, yesterday. [​IMG] [​IMG] )

Congrats Moo.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

way back sq4 told me i should boot tuck trousers so here you go buddy
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

dress shirt + cardigan incongruent with tucked in pants and bomber

wtf is up with that casual tie fail up there??

really dislike the way shawl lapels were done on foo's jacket, really disappointed

7. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

really dislike the way shawl lapels were done on foo's jacket, really disappointed

The width is too low

8. aether

aether Senior member

aeglus: The fit was awesome until I saw the pants...

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

wat. dude this is like raf runway 101, though the tailoring and proportions are different/a little off.

It's a good idea Aeg...Maybe the boots are laced up too tight. Actually a shorter boot would look better I think. The proportions of the bomber + gloves + shirt buttoned all the way up + short neck + looser tucked in trou which creates more billowy fabric + tall boots = shrunken proportions. I know, not very helpful. Looks way better in the first pic, because everything looks taller/longer. If you had just posted that I probably wouldn't be wondering why something is off. Weird, the difference a picture makes.

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

wat. dude this is like raf runway 101, though the tailoring and proportions are different/a little off.

It's a good idea Aeg...Maybe the boots are laced up too tight. Actually a shorter boot would look better I think. The proportions of the bomber + gloves + shirt buttoned all the way up + short neck + looser tucked in trou which creates more billowy fabric + tall boots = shrunken proportions. I know, not very helpful. Looks way better in the first pic, because everything looks taller/longer. If you had just posted that I probably wouldn't be wondering why something is off. Weird, the difference a picture makes.

Well the second pic isn't really how it looks because it's a snowman camera angle, but I liked the setting enough. First pic is how it'd really look in person. Funny you mention Raf though, was sort of going for that kind of look.

All up for suggestions though, I don't really do non-jean fits often if it's not a suit.

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

sorry dude, wasn't trying to backhand you, just didn't think your hair was so bad it deserved attention over your clothes. quick critique since i don't have time to go in-depth: coat looks pretty bad especially with only one button done up, visible white crew neck under a button up looks bad imo, and shirt seems slightly too big though maybe it's just a sloppy cut

lol at chasingred's advice. don't sag, stack, or do anything that deviates from the crisp-cut MC silhouette norm

thanks du.

The single button on the coat was supposed to show the flannel underneath, didn't workout as expected in the picture. I'm picking up some white v-necks to wear as undershirts to avoid the crew neck problem. Shirt is a tad big and probably a sloppy cut as well (lec), but I feel kind of weird spending $15-20 to get a shirt tailored that I got on sale for $12. I may take some of red's advice though and hem the cords so that they don't stack so much, going to wash first and see if there is any shrinkage.

12. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Then please show us how it's done jetdawg.

13. connor

connor Senior member

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Last Night visitng family in the woods: [​IMG]
    Junya
    BoO x2
    Junya
    Junya

Today to return to NYC:
    [​IMG]
    Junya
    Our Legacy
    Junya
    Junya

Happy holidays everyone!

15. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

thanks du.

The single button on the coat was supposed to show the flannel underneath, didn't workout as expected in the picture. I'm picking up some white v-necks to wear as undershirts to avoid the crew neck problem. Shirt is a tad big and probably a sloppy cut as well (lec), but I feel kind of weird spending $15-20 to get a shirt tailored that I got on sale for $12. I may take some of red's advice though and hem the cords so that they don't stack so much, going to wash first and see if there is any shrinkage.

you would feel better about paying $80 for a finished tailored shirt than $32?

i hate lands end canvas, but i picked up two oxford button downs for beater shirts. also got mine for $12. I had them tailored up and they now work fine. just take them to a tailor and you'll like them much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.