• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otter
have to strongly disagree...proportions are off in both pics

PLEASE STOP TUCKING,OK

Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Actually I see what you're talking about now in the top photo. So the guy can never tuck his shirt in? I tend to suffer the same problem. But if you need to wear a suit or your job requires you to wear a dress shirt, what can you do about it?

I'm not gonna stop tucking in my shirt.

I will add a belt.

I would actually say that the proportions are worse in the first pic. the pants look a little higher.

Still, keep in mind that i'm not some 6 foot guy with long legs. I'm 5'9, and the photos are taken in both cases from waist height, which is gonna make my legs look longer than someone would see from eye level.

Also, i think proportions are relative to today. If you look at how people work jeans in the 50s-60s, which were high waisted, slim, and with the t-shirt tucked in, it still looked good. If someone posted a fit like that today, it might draw criticism. This is because we're used to seeing long, untucked shirts that drape down to the thigh.

connery-dr-no.jpg

(in no way am i comparing my steeze to sean connery's)

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Actually I see what you're talking about now in the top photo. So the guy can never tuck his shirt in? I tend to suffer the same problem. But if you need to wear a suit or your job requires you to wear a dress shirt, what can you do about it?
Well the jacket would cover any imperfections in the fit of the shirt (esp. if it's button, as it should be)

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
hendrix- Try taking your photos without your feet so far apart and pointing outward. I think it completely throws of the balance of everything else.

are you talking to me? yeah ok i'll try that next time.

phildo

Reaction score
the rise on those SC pants is way bigger than the ones you're wearing.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks guys, praise from zissou goes a long way and I'm one of the people that is usually in agreement with otter, so I agree that this jacket's fit is a bit off compared to half a year ago and the layering under it probably isn't helping much.

socialdtk

Reaction score
2vrztc1.jpg

iz2vt0.jpg

EG
Gitman
The Hillside
APC
Alden

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
are you talking to me? yeah ok i'll try that next time.

uhh he did call you by name did he not? lol

I like how you're super resilient to untucking though no matter what everyone says. By the way did you just compare yourself to Sean Connery?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
uhh he did call you by name did he not? lol

I like how you're super resilient to untucking though no matter what everyone says. By the way did you just compare yourself to Sean Connery?

for some reason i thought he had originally addressed me as dr huh. But i look back and it doesn't show an edit, so maybe not. weird.

haha, you're gonna have to add one of those sarcasm meter things. I know, they're lame, but in this case i can't actually tell if you're being sarcastic in the second sentence or calling me the sw&d version of foo!

(****, there we go, i've compared myself to 2 legends within the space of minutes. Here comes otter to bring me down to earth).

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rule #1: Never compare yourself to Sean Connery.
Rule #2: NEVER compare yourself to Sean Connery.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm just messing with you hendrix I'm never serious. Except the Sean Connery bit.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
my elementary students said I'm handsome
smile.gif

Hmmm, gotta get me some red socks. That rox.

Originally Posted by mystillwater
cbfa7a05.jpg

The difference in color and style of the belt and shoes is drawing my attention. The belt says business, the shoes say party. everything else says cool.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
wow dude. a teenager lives with his mom. sick burn

Honestly didn't even take Sq's comment as anything other than bland humor.

Originally Posted by m00ba77
Isn't he in college?

Yes. I commute.

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
I'm not gonna stop tucking in my shirt.
old pics with and without tuck look at these 2 pics, my stubborn tuck happy friend ( please ignore man boobs)
familypic3023-Edit.jpg
accidental tuck, its actually worse as you cant see the whole body ( daughter cant take pics yet)
uOqF3-1.jpg
EDIT: yeh yeh i know i am a narcissist, had to post of pics of myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads