1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

nameback, where to kop those shirts?

they are nice

blue/pink floral is Engineered Garments
    white/black floral is Shipley & Halmos

The store was Barney's Co-Op

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

My first picture post here since I had the time and someone to take my pic.

I thought the shirt would go better with the outfit, but I didn't really like the outcome so much.

[​IMG]

looks like Calabasas

3. Lel

Lel Senior member

Um, I get a haircut every month..that's about it. I just recently grew out my hair in the last ~1 year. Prior to me getting my M.S. and having a professional job, I had the shorter haircut that may have been approved by you. I can't sport a 'trendier' haircut now...I really can't go to a regional meeting with a faux hawk, my friend. By the way, 3 more ToJ pieces in the mail. [​IMG]

Since we're on the topic of boring haircuts, the aforementioned reason is what I used to justify Stanley's haircut.

It's not about having trendy hair, it's about un-styled Asian hair looking like shit. It's a thick, unflattering mess that really only emphasizes lame nerdy Asian stereotypes. Like I said, it doesn't have to be a faux hawk, just, something, anything really will be an improvement on the natural state.

Case in point

[​IMG]

to

[​IMG]

4. snake

snake Senior member

He used to be so happy LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE SF

5. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

look at that nicelynice smile go to a dude what you lookin' at stare

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Stanley - not quite, my friend. That's too far outside the valley. I'm closer to L.A. than that.

Lel - you're saying that Fuji's haircut is not trendy? I don't really care about the typical stereotype..it doesn't bother me one bit...never did and never will. I'm probably even closer to that stereotype when I wear my glasses and ties/bowties.

About 6-8 months ago, my hair used to be a bit longer than pictured. I tried to go for the long hair a la Asian movie star, but it was too bothersome. That was when friends called me Bruce Lee, lol.

If I can, I would go back to having a short haircut in a minute. Having long hair is quite bothersome when I hit the gym and practice Muay Thai.

7. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

Do you dudes all just completely scorn short hair? I keep myself buzzed to a #3 at all times. Cheap and simple.

8. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

It's not about having trendy hair, it's about un-styled Asian hair looking like shit. It's a thick, unflattering mess that really only emphasizes lame nerdy Asian stereotypes. Like I said, it doesn't have to be a faux hawk, just, something, anything really will be an improvement on the natural state.

Case in point

i very much agree w/ your point but i don't think using fuji's after pic to illustrate a style that's acceptable yet conservative really helps your case.

9. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

wj4- ever tried slicking your hair back? like Saelin, i think that was his user name, i only lurk so i forget.
    also is that a tiger in the back...

and thanks for the deets on the shirts, Nameback

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

Stanley - not quite, my friend. That's too far outside of the valley. I'm closer to L.A. than that.

Lel - you're saying that Fuji's haircut is not trendy? I don't really care about the typical stereotype..it doesn't bother me one bit...never did and never will. I'm probably even closer to that stereotype when I wear my glasses and ties/bowties.

If I can, I would go back to having a short haircut in a minute. Having long hair is quite bothersome when I hit the gym and practice Muay Thai.

It's not about having trendy hair, it's about un-styled Asian hair looking like shit. It's a thick, unflattering mess

Re-read what I said, fuji is an example not a case to follow. I could care less exactly how he styled his hair, just the fact that he did something with it makes him look exponentially better.

Nothing wrong with short hair, you can style that too. A small amount of product will do fine, shit you can even swag it up with a madmen-esque comb over that's pretty effortless and looks pretty good.

All I'm saying is your hair looks bad and it ruins your look. It's your wardrobe and money but if you can drop money on brand new ToJ then you can take like 5 seconds to throw product in your hair or do whatever. That's just my opinion/advice.

i very much agree w/ your point but i don't think using fuji's after pic to illustrate a style that's acceptable yet conservative really helps your case.

Geez, people need to stop putting words into my mouth. I never said grow your hair long/fuji=the perfect example/do some trendy with your hair. [​IMG]

All I'm saying is that unstyled Asian hair looks like shit and anything done to it is better than nothing
    . Fuji was an example, as in one, not as in "EVERYONE DO THIS SWAG SWAG SWAG".

11. APK

APK Senior member

Do you dudes all just completely scorn short hair? I keep myself buzzed to a #3 at all times. Cheap and simple.

It's just really dull. The role hair plays in fashion above the workwear-type stuff cannot be overstated. Unless you've got atrocious hair or are kunkified, then you should do something somewhat interesting with your hair if you're going to be messing around with this fashunz shit.

12. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

nameback, chino roll looks a bit sloppy here. dont know if thats just a quick try-on??
    1st shirt is cool. blazer looks sharp.

the chino roll looks sloppy with the fits, or you mean that the way I did it looks sloppy? Execution or concept?

13. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I wear expensive black clothing from Japan for the same reason I have geometric black ink tattoos:

I want to get laid by skinny pale girls with short hair and daddy issues.

This sounds like pretty much the only reason to do anything.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

wj4- ever tried slicking your hair back? like Saelin, i think that was his user name, i only lurk so i forget.
    also is that a tiger in the back...

and thanks for the deets on the shirts, Nameback

Haha, I tried slicking the hair back in middle school. It never worked out well. [​IMG]

Then in high school, I said forget it. Just rolled with a 0 on the side that faded into 1 and number 3 or 4 on top.

Lel - for what it's worth, I do use a bit of KMS wax to avoid cow lick from forming. [​IMG]

15. Humperdink

Humperdink Senior member

wj4's hair looks fine, and shouldn't even be brought up in comparison to fuji's old moptop cut.

16. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

This sounds like pretty much the only reason to do anything.

skinny and pale?

It's been done to death already

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

And yet never gets old.

18. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

wj4 - you know, if you buy some wax/gel or what ever you are able to shape the hair the way you want it, if your at work you just form a more conservative hair cut, or doesnt shape it at all.

I only understand that its easier, but then you must decide if you want to improve your look or having it the easy way [​IMG]

Even the faux-hawk you mentioned earlier is made by styling your hair with products, it can easily be laid flat if required.

19. raags

raags Senior member

Hippie magician steez [​IMG] Random Indian Market Scarf Uniqlo Crewneck Sweater Random Japanese Hippie Shop Bag Uniqlo Pants Clarks Desert Boots comments and critique appreciated

20. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

i hope im not the only one, but im kind of like wtf right now... i know what you're looking to do, but to me the outfit is not cohesive at all...

i guess ditch boots for moccs, .. i dont know what to say

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.