• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnomdom

Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
"hey guys, can we take a break from talking about the death penalty so we can look at how awesome these little mallard ducks on my bowtie are?!?"
If you're going to mock, at least get it right. They're hounds, please.
smile.gif

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. Don't care if its harsh
tongue.gif
. I uncuffed and you were right it looks better uncuffed.
B12cVl.jpg
Too lazy to black out face. Hair is fucked though lol now that I'm looking at it from a picture. Its not that bad irl but I think I'm going for that ponytail. Going to work... casual fridays!!! On another note I'm curious to see what you all sound like and if your voice matches your look lol. Esp Uncontrol.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's my tweed for Friday's MC thing. I don't know why I look so angry, I just found out I get almost a month of vacation!

tumblr_lchiqaURLK1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lchiqon6D41qbmp06.jpg

Details and MC pose (yes I realize the sleeves are too short):

tumblr_lchiqxLn7g1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lchin0EHry1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lchinjbLMa1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lchinq63pB1qbmp06.jpg

^^see how much better a (double) 4ih looks, ar6???

East2West

Reaction score
Looks good Seoul-man.
Sleeves are a little short but you already knew that. Pitch looks ok though

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Must be uniqlo by the sleeves yeah?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wagthesam, I think you'd benefit from taking some of the bulk out of the sides of your hair.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Tweed suit

01totaal.jpg
02details.jpg

03detailschoenen.jpg
04detailriem.jpg

(Yes, same shirt as in the earlier fit.)

Very nice (and that Scabal is major league stuff), but would prefer a shirt other than a big gingham here, for some reason.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Very nice (and that Scabal is major league stuff), but would prefer a shirt other than a big gingham here, for some reason.

Thanks. I wanted to give this combination a try, and I like the result. But I think you can wear just about any shirt with this suit, at least any shirt in my wardrobe... What would you suggest?

saelan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
Ponytail! I'm feelin it

I'm not saying that wouldn't be cool, but a less ambitious idea might just be to go shorter on the sides, as APK suggests. I might suggest buzzing it almost all the way down around the sides and the back and leaving it a little longer on top.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks. I wanted to give this combination a try, and I like the result. But I think you can wear just about any shirt with this suit, at least any shirt in my wardrobe... What would you suggest?

Honestly, my heart says to scale from the big slub of the tweed down to the small slub of a plain old white OCBD or something else oxford/ticking, and then scale back up to the small tweed tie you have on, or a silk knit tie if you want a textural trifecta; the tweed itself has a lot of visual interest anyway, so leave that there and keep your shirt as a lesser player.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tweed suit

01totaal.jpg
02details.jpg

03detailschoenen.jpg
04detailriem.jpg

(Yes, same shirt as in the earlier fit.)

Tweed + suede = win. Regarding the shirt: the tweed is slubby, but very muted & homogeneous, which is why I actually prefer the gingham here - it adds a nice pop. An oxford, while not at all a bad choice, would make the outfit a bit boring. Agree on the silk tie to add texture interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads