The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake

snake Senior member

[​IMG]
    same old
    rick
    +j
    fh
    y's
    y's x mandarina

That pilot jacket looks mighty warm.

2. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I feel like even MCers would find this long, 2nd joint of the middle finger? That would hit half to two-thirds down my thigh. I like my jackets to hit at the metacarpophalangeal of the thumb and I consider that pretty conservative.
    thanks nerd. just finished studying limbs. never again [​IMG]
    That pilot jacket looks mighty warm.
    its super warm and comfy ^__^;. boiled wool with a texture somewhat like fleece. always surprised how little i need to wear under it ps lol @ xenox's use of jaded in before citation from online dictionary in reply

3. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Wouldn't mind seeing more MC fits over here, as long as they're of the non-boring variety. I love the texture on the jacket, and the cuffs on the trousers add some nice balance to it. Coupla things: - Did you list shoes twice? [​IMG] - I like your pocket square, but isn't the hand-rolled edge supposed to be toward the shoulder instead of the lapel? - No stalker, but I just noticed the location under your avatar, and I gotta ask - that's not Washington Square, is it?
    Yeah. I did. Watch is citizen. Re ps: who gives a shit. I break rules. Oh yeah that's washington square. Fucking creep.
    His face is fucking luftviable. But seriously, that jacket is at least 1-2 inches "long", it's not a top coat.
    You Sw&d kids have a lot to learn. [​IMG]
    Luft's jacket looks too wide in the shoulder and too long, though that part may just be from the walking pose. Regardless, it looks dated which I suppose is how MC guys like a lot of their clothing to look so it's whatever.
    Jacket's more padded than my usual, but not abnormally so. Seriously, SW&d has an effed up conception of jacket length if you all thing this is long. This is normal.

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Luft's jacket looks too wide in the shoulder and too long, though that part may just be from the walking pose. Regardless, it looks dated which I suppose is how MC guys like a lot of their clothing to look so it's whatever.

Well, MC guys like to claim their styles are "classic" along with the idea that their stuff will never go out of style. But the end result is often a style that looks moderately dated, albeit not extremely so.

For better or worse we live in a youth oriented culture and SW&D is simply more in touch with what that means, whereas MC appears to actively deny it. They will often rationalize this with ideas of being classic, age appropriate, or not wanting to look like an emo kid. But these are mostly straw man arguments.

Look at Berlin Report. He looks modern without any of these failings in a way that could work for most MC guys. (Although many of them would need to loose some weight first).

5. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Seriously, SW&d has an effed up conception of jacket length if you all thing this is long. This is normal.

Thanks, grandpa.

6. xM.

xM. Senior member

"Normal" or not, it looks silly.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

Our short jackets may look dated in a few years, but yours look dated now. Luft, I thought you were in your mid 30's until you said you were a recent law school grad and are most likely a year or two younger than me. If that's the look you want to cultivate, go for it, but it does look off on a younger guy. Moo had this same problem for a long time until we all got on him for it and now he cops strange Damir Doma shoes and MMM boots and looks a lot better for it.

8. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

[​IMG]

Inverallen
    Mister Freedom
    Uniqlo
    Geier Gloves
    Tanner Goods
    Eternal
    Red WIngs

9. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Dude that jacket is not too short. You want his torso to look as long as his legs or something?

[​IMG]

Rules are antithetical to personal style. The only reason you believe this to be a fact is because you have read it countless times on an internet forum and are regurgitating it. Different lengths work for different people and different styles; it is not all as cut and dry as you seem to think.

I do prefer very short jackets because it suits my style. I would not recommend he wear a jacket as short as mine because it would look very out of place -- however, as it is now, the length of the jacket is shortening his legs pretty badly. Plus, he's wearing it with jeans quite casually, which I'd say calls for a shorter length. You're free to disagree, but come up with a better reason other than "it's tradition!"

Short jackets look like one of two things:
    1) Juvenile
    2) Feminine.

Which do you prefer?

I was a short jacket fan for a long while (look at my old WAYRNs). But that looked silly. So I evolved.

luft is pretty annoying

I liked your first two fits but the most recent one is terrible.

Pot. Kettle.

can we make his user name mean punchable in urban dictionary?

Can yours mean: "wears coats too short in the body, too long in the sleeve, buttons both buttons, then tries to justify it as fashion"? [​IMG]

His face is fucking luftviable. But seriously, that jacket is at least 1-2 inches "long", it's not a top coat.

You have much to learn, young Padwan.

[​IMG]

Thanks, grandpa.

Hey you kids, get off my lawn.

"Normal" or not, it looks silly.

Please poast moar fits. I want to see your steez.

Our short jackets may look dated in a few years, but yours look dated now. Luft, I thought you were in your mid 30's until you said you were a recent law school grad and are most likely a year or two younger than me. If that's the look you want to cultivate, go for it, but it does look off on a younger guy. Moo had this same problem for a long time until we all got on him for it and now he cops strange Damir Doma shoes and MMM boots and looks a lot better for it.

I am probably younger and poorer. But I can also rock a gun club. Can you? [​IMG]

10. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

11. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

^ too closed minded?

Probably.

12. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Short jackets look like one of two things:
    1) Juvenile
    2) Feminine.

the fuck is this bullshit

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Everyone knows the longer the coat the bigger the dick.

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

I am probably younger and poorer. But I can also rock a gun club. Can you? [​IMG]
    Actually, I can. As I'm older and richer, I probably have a more impressive arsenal than you. I shoot expert in the SSP division of IDPA so I know how to use them also.

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Everyone knows the longer the coat the bigger the dick.

[​IMG]
    everything makes sense now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.