• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
nice fit, Ibrock, although I can't really make out the sneakers. +1 on the double cuff. I've been doing it a lot lately whenever I wear boots or proper shoes, I feel its a lot more unobtrusive than a 2" or more cuff, and looks better on my relatively short legs.
Thanks, the shoes are just my daily beater sneakers this winter, burgundy pro-models. I'm actually pretty tall but I've never liked the look of cuffs more than maybe 1.5" on me, I find some people rock it well though.
Originally Posted by phildo
That better not be my 3sixteen wristband Ibrock. I lost mine somewhere in Toronto.
I wish! The 3sixteen ones are really nice... I'd been eyeing the 3sixteen and flathead bracelets for a while. My watch strap broke a few weeks ago and then when I was in H&M I saw they just got these similar bracelets in for spring. They had both black and brown for $4.95... so I thought I'd pick one up to satisfy my "ghost watch"syndrome while I find a new strap.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuuma, caught me off guard with that one.

---
Originally Posted by ppllzz
pretty much any family can make 100-150k by the time they are in their late 30's early 40's, auto worker + teacher, firefighter + teacher, secretary + teacher, etc.

I didn't want to quote your entire post, but it's an interesting narrative to me because I basically don't believe a single word of it. I would suggest that you have a VERY inflated picture of what blue collar really earns these days.

Auto worker? How many of those jobs even exist in the U.S. today? Everything you've listed has also benefited from unionization, which is nearly a thing of the past, too. I think you are also making a big mistake in considering what a secretary might make in LA or NY, but pairing the secretary with a unionized auto worker in Detroit in the 70's. Doesn't work that way. A secretary in Flint, MI probably makes $10 / hr.

Your comment about majoring in "useful" fields with a wife and making 200-300 being "normal" is wowza bad confused and reflects some serious detachment from reality.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like kents fit except it looks too fresh. break that **** in.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Yes, but the cost of living with a family in the wealthiest nation on earth is also rather high. I can see where they're coming from. No doubt most of their money does go pretty quickly on expenses and tax.
I agree, though some of the examples in the article weren't the best. Yeah 250k is still a good amount of money, but thats not taking into account where these people are. I mean 250 in say Arkansas is the equivalent of 500-600 or even more in downtown NYC. I think its kind of rediculous that they aren't taking into account cost-of-living for the area the person resides in.. it can make a humongous difference. In addition to that, they get absolutely no gov aid for their kids college tuition which depending on where their kids go or how many kids they have can mean extra yearly expenses in the thousands and more likely tens of thousands of dollars. Or for younger couples, their own school loans... if you're a fresh out of school lawyer/doctor you've probably got at least 100K+ of loan debt you're paying off. So yeah, maybe they aren't destitute... but even me, a poor student, wouldn't call them "rich."

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGP.
What is the jacket kent?
Jacket was from UO sale rack (
blush.gif
) The brand is 'Brilliant Colours'. It's like a windbreaker/anorak sorta thing. I like the chromed hardware.
Originally Posted by indesertum
great fit kent monies. like it a lot
such a change of heart from you, but gracias!
Originally Posted by otter
http://iblahblah btw, i like your shirt[/I]
Thanks, but are you trying to make a caveman/shrek allusion? Please post your face for heaven's sake so I can take a crack at you. [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/boxing[1].gif
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
That's funny. He's wearing the "Peacock" shirt. http://www.folkclothing.com/on-sale/...t-peacock.html I always liked Folk. Retail seems iffy but I would kopp some things at discount. I know Berlin Report likes them as well.
That is quite funny
lol8[1].gif
. I have the brown one too, and it's much more eagle like. lol
Originally Posted by Doctor
I like it a lot.
Thanks Doc.
Originally Posted by Ibrock
http://i4 been trying out the tiny double cuff recently, kinda hard to see but I think I like it.[/I]
I am also rockin' the double cuff in my waywt. good ****. Is that bracelet H&M? Looks just like one I got there. [QUOTE]
Originally Posted by [B]Boddington[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=3011948#post3011948'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
Many thanks, Kent- details on the shirt are phenomenal. Let people say what they will about you; you've at least a fashionable leg to stand on.
haters gonna hate!
Originally Posted by wagthesam
I like kents fit except it looks too fresh. break that **** in.
Oh please, wagthesam. The only thing fairly new are the shoes, and I'm babying them because they're suede. but really, this comment is sorta inane.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
so hard to be rich nowadays... if you are making 250k but have a wife and 3 kids, thats like each person making 50k, which is not so rich anymore...

50K each is a lot.

It costs the same amount for a wealthy family to raise a kid as it does for a low income family to raise a kid.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Your comment about majoring in "useful" fields with a wife and making 200-300 being "normal" is wowza bad confused and reflects some serious detachment from reality.
I have friends in LA & NYC, they're all making major money working in creative jobs, real estate and self employed retail that aligns to what this guy said, it's not uncommon for a late twenty's thirty something couple to be making 200k+ in these two city's and not live lavishly. Take Kunk for instance, he's hinted at a $250k salary and shops discount, complains about his mortgage (He doesn't live in Manhattan), car payment and child upkeep
laugh.gif

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree on the bit about the length, aeglus. I was planning on doing a warm soak on the torso to see if I could shrink it up. The arms are perfect as is, though, so I'm afraid to dunk the whole thing.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That awkward shirt placket really ruins it for me

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I have friends in LA & NYC, they're all making major money working in creative jobs, real estate and self employed retail that aligns to what this guy said, it's not uncommon for a late twenty's thirty something couple to be making 200k+ in these two city's and not live lavishly. Take Kunk for instance, he's hinted at a $250k salary and shops discount, complains about his mortgage (He doesn't live in Manhattan), car payment and child upkeep
laugh.gif

This isn't about your friends or Kunk. This is about the suggestion that the average "useful" fields make "normal" money at 200-300 in a pair when the clear statistical average is something like 42 or 46.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
That awkward shirt placket really ruins it for me

That's strange, considering how much you like awkward zip boots and awkward-collared jackets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads