The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bach

bach Senior member

i was really looking forward to adding a pair of paul smiths to my outfits, but it turns out they're too small. looks like it's back to pleb clarks for now, paul smiths will be up for sale soon

[​IMG]

what's the jacket?

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

3. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

hi guys, i am a regular over on MC (dark) side ...lol. our MC does SW&D challenge has motivated me to start poasting here on weekends/holidays when i am outside of a suit/MC wear.

I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle.

With that said, here is my fit today ... rip away ... lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. bakebean

bakebean Member

that shirt is terribad. not in the michael jackson way either.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

as an aspiring MC-by-day SWD-by-night (emphasis on aspiring, admittedly) person myself, let me say it's nice to see some cross-pollination resulting from that contest.

6. Riio

Riio Senior member

[/SPOILER]

what's the jacket?

h&m

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

niidawg i don't like the t-shirt. Something without writing, in a lighter colour than the blazer would look good. I think some shoes or boots might look a bit better there too.

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

hi guys, i am a regular over on MC (dark) side ...lol. our MC does SW&D challenge has motivated me to start poasting here on weekends/holidays when i am outside of a suit/MC wear.

I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle.

With that said, here is my fit today ... rip away ... lol:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/bd78d7cf.jpg
    http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/ec9028fa.jpg

Ditch the graphic T. Otherwise, it's all pretty good albeit basic.

9. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

that shirt is terribad. not in the michael jackson way either.

niidawg i don't like the t-shirt. Something without writing, in a lighter colour than the blazer would look good. I think some shoes or boots might look a bit better there too.

Ditch the graphic T. Otherwise, it's all pretty good albeit basic.

thanks for the feedback guys. i guess a gray or light blue plain tee would have been better? I thought of that but then that left the outfit as basic color blocks with no visual interest.

i totall agree with showing contrast btwn the shirt and jacket now that i look at it. what are good types of undershirts to wear outside of just basic greys/blues etc. are shirts with designs/inscriptions frowned upon totally?

the shoes are black leather high tops and because of how skinny the jeans were, didnt want to go any bigger since i thought it would throw the proportions off.

as an aspiring MC-by-day SWD-by-night (emphasis on aspiring, admittedly) person myself, let me say it's nice to see some cross-pollination resulting from that contest.

+100

10. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

its hard to pull off the t-shirt with blazer look, in my opinion. the shapes are often not really complimentary and it often comes off as "i just stepped out of express with a BRAND NEW WARDROBE that my girlfriend picked for me!!!" in my opinion. the only time it really works for me is in crazy stylezeitgeist-like fits imo. i admit to having pretty eclectic tastes though

somehow though, i do likesome graphic t-shirts once in a while so im not saying eliminate them altogether either.

that being said everything else looks spot on in terms of fit, and you're one of my favorite personalities over on the MC side, so please do keep posting.

11. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle.​

Props to niidawg for posting on both forums. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Love that first pic, synth [​IMG]
    Got a little paint on his neck
    did not know I had to post my "MC" look in this thread and not PM to the thread starter like the first ever competition thread. [​IMG] Going hard with the plastic chair and em happy socks.
    This is actually awesome, though red-white-blue socks would have done better with the boots (as would a Thom Browne tie)
    thx y'all taking fitpics and posing (for me) my face always looks retarded, so i crop it out... other pics taken by people from nights out look marginally normal(er)... yeah, kelvin, the flecked cardi is apc from last year (over geller shirt) jeans are skinny guys, boots are marjella, knit is our legacy, coat is mexx
    Probably the only APC piece I've ever really liked
    Another beautiful Day! Sunset
    Purty sweater
    pleb mall brands. [​IMG]
    Sweater's a bit glaring
    hi guys, i am a regular over on MC (dark) side ...lol. our MC does SW&D challenge has motivated me to start poasting here on weekends/holidays when i am outside of a suit/MC wear. I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle. With that said, here is my fit today ... rip away ... lol:​

Replace shirt with Margiela AIDS tee, win moar points

13. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Got a little paint on his neck

This is actually awesome, though red-white-blue socks would have done better with the boots (as would a Thom Browne tie)

Replace shirt with Margiela AIDS tee, win moar points

? what color socks is he wearing?

also i thought the exact same thing about the mmm aids tee. although i think mmm aids is pretty terrible

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Pink-blue stripe happysocks by the looks of it?

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

im pretty sure theyre the USA happy socks. i own the same pair
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.