• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackmaged
Dear Styleforum,

I seek your guidance, for I am a mere college student. Please help me become more SF-approved.
worship2.gif
worship2.gif

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

Yours truly,
BM

If you want to wear such plain outfits, you'll have to work out more.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Not actually WIWWT, but I wanted to post my KMW Rockers fit to contrast with Moo's a few pages back:

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
k1dlqs.jpg

KMW_front.jpg
KMW_side.jpg
KMW_back.jpg

AA/Handsome Furs tee
KMW Rockers (sized down 2 to 28 x 34)
Plebe Chucks
Dale's Pale Ale

Reckon it's the difference between sizing down and TTS.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Not actually WIWWT, but I wanted to post my KMW Rockers fit to contrast with Moo's a few pages back:
KMW_side.jpg
KMW_back.jpg

AA/Handsome Furs tee
Plebe Chucks
Dale's Pale Ale

incredible jeans fit here.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
KMW_front.jpg
KMW_side.jpg
KMW_back.jpg
AA/Handsome Furs tee KMW Rockers (sized down 2 to 28 x 34) Plebe Chucks Dale's Pale Ale Reckon it's the difference between sizing down and TTS.

I would have sized down two on mine but the waist and the thighs just couldn't possibly fit. Sizing down 1 wasn't quite enough for me. Yours are quite new, aren't they? The fit will change after many wears and washes.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

KMW_front.jpg
KMW_side.jpg
KMW_back.jpg

AA/Handsome Furs tee
Plebe Chucks
Dale's Pale Ale

Nice fit. Mine are like 500 sizes larger than yours, making them roomier everywhere.
confused.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
But the jeans will increase proportional to the (theoretical) increase of your body size as you go up in tagged size. Unless your lower legs are equivalent to a sz.28's lower legs while your waist is a 33, Rockers should not look like 501s

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
incredible jeans fit here.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Eason
I would have sized down two on mine but the waist and the thighs just couldn't possibly fit. Sizing down 1 wasn't quite enough for me. Yours are quite new, aren't they? The fit will change after many wears and washes.

Yeah, one-washes fresh out tha box. I actually find the thighs reasonably forgiving on these, at least relative to other jeans with a hem this narrow. And I'm definitely wearing them higher than I will once they stretch out. (FWIW, the top button was a bit of a struggle.)

Nice fit. Mine are like 500 sizes larger than yours, making them roomier everywhere.
confused.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to throw a dart at your fit (<3 that jacket, B.T. dubs); I had just seen your post before putting these on for the first time, and it struck me how differently they fit overall. I just wanted to illustrate how sizing makes two pairs of what are ostensibly the same jeans look completely different.

Originally Posted by SPK
I love dale's pale ale. Best beer in a can!

For reals. Ten Fiddy (also Oskar Blues) is even better, but totally a black-out stout.

SPK

Reaction score
^i've tried everything but the stout. Guess I'll have to put that on the list

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
^ Winter seasonal, the cold weather counterpart to Gubna (imperial rye IPA)

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plebe Chucks

Those actually look pretty cool. What model?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
But the jeans will increase proportional to the (theoretical) increase of your body size as you go up in tagged size. Unless your lower legs are equivalent to a sz.28's lower legs while your waist is a 33, Rockers should not look like 501s
Shoot Jay at Blue Owl an e-mail and ask him if he sold me Rockers or not. I really don't like that you are insinuating that, somehow, I am marsupialed and don't know how to read a jean tag, or that Jay is marsupialed and shipped me the wrong jeans. You've said this twice now... come on. My rockers are a size 36. They have like 1.5" more leg opening than a 28, or something like that. Extrapolate from there the rest of the size disparity.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Shoot Jay at Blue Owl an e-mail and ask him if he sold me Rockers or not. I really don't like that you are insinuating that, somehow, I am marsupialed and don't know how to read a jean tag, or that Jay is marsupialed and shipped me the wrong jeans. You've said this twice now... come on. My rockers are a size 36. They have like 1.5" more leg opening than a 28, or something like that. Extrapolate from there the rest of the size disparity.
So? Are your legs the same size as a sz.28? No, they're larger, but the increase in waist size should translate to a proportional change in other measurements as well

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
So? Are your legs the same size as a sz.28? No, they're larger, but the increase in waist size should translate to a proportional change in other measurements as well

i don't know what you're getting at. moo isn't as skinny as some of the 20 year old asians like you and me? im pretty sure that 6" in the waist in moo's jeans isn't corresponding to a proportionally longer/wider leg, which makes his jeans not look or fit as slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics