The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Dear Styleforum,

I seek your guidance, for I am a mere college student. Please help me become more SF-approved. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yours truly,
    BM

If you want to wear such plain outfits, you'll have to work out more.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Not actually WIWWT, but I wanted to post my KMW Rockers fit to contrast with Moo's a few pages back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

AA/Handsome Furs tee
    KMW Rockers (sized down 2 to 28 x 34)
    Plebe Chucks
    Dale's Pale Ale

Reckon it's the difference between sizing down and TTS.

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Not actually WIWWT, but I wanted to post my KMW Rockers fit to contrast with Moo's a few pages back:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

AA/Handsome Furs tee
    Plebe Chucks
    Dale's Pale Ale

incredible jeans fit here.

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Not actually WIWWT, but I wanted to post my KMW Rockers fit to contrast with Moo's a few pages back: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] AA/Handsome Furs tee KMW Rockers (sized down 2 to 28 x 34) Plebe Chucks Dale's Pale Ale Reckon it's the difference between sizing down and TTS.
    I would have sized down two on mine but the waist and the thighs just couldn't possibly fit. Sizing down 1 wasn't quite enough for me. Yours are quite new, aren't they? The fit will change after many wears and washes.

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

AA/Handsome Furs tee
    Plebe Chucks
    Dale's Pale Ale

Nice fit. Mine are like 500 sizes larger than yours, making them roomier everywhere. [​IMG]

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

But the jeans will increase proportional to the (theoretical) increase of your body size as you go up in tagged size. Unless your lower legs are equivalent to a sz.28's lower legs while your waist is a 33, Rockers should not look like 501s

7. SPK

SPK Senior member

I love dale's pale ale. Best beer in a can!

8. notwithit

incredible jeans fit here.

Thanks!

I would have sized down two on mine but the waist and the thighs just couldn't possibly fit. Sizing down 1 wasn't quite enough for me. Yours are quite new, aren't they? The fit will change after many wears and washes.

Yeah, one-washes fresh out tha box. I actually find the thighs reasonably forgiving on these, at least relative to other jeans with a hem this narrow. And I'm definitely wearing them higher than I will once they stretch out. (FWIW, the top button was a bit of a struggle.)

Nice fit. Mine are like 500 sizes larger than yours, making them roomier everywhere. [​IMG]

Sorry, didn't mean to throw a dart at your fit (<3 that jacket, B.T. dubs); I had just seen your post before putting these on for the first time, and it struck me how differently they fit overall. I just wanted to illustrate how sizing makes two pairs of what are ostensibly the same jeans look completely different.

I love dale's pale ale. Best beer in a can!

For reals. Ten Fiddy (also Oskar Blues) is even better, but totally a black-out stout.

9. SPK

SPK Senior member

^i've tried everything but the stout. Guess I'll have to put that on the list

10. notwithit

^ Winter seasonal, the cold weather counterpart to Gubna (imperial rye IPA)

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Plebe Chucks

Those actually look pretty cool. What model?

12. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

He's probably trying to trick us, they will turn out to be those 600 euro handmade ones.

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

But the jeans will increase proportional to the (theoretical) increase of your body size as you go up in tagged size. Unless your lower legs are equivalent to a sz.28's lower legs while your waist is a 33, Rockers should not look like 501s
    Shoot Jay at Blue Owl an e-mail and ask him if he sold me Rockers or not. I really don't like that you are insinuating that, somehow, I am retarded and don't know how to read a jean tag, or that Jay is retarded and shipped me the wrong jeans. You've said this twice now... come on. My rockers are a size 36. They have like 1.5" more leg opening than a 28, or something like that. Extrapolate from there the rest of the size disparity.

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Shoot Jay at Blue Owl an e-mail and ask him if he sold me Rockers or not. I really don't like that you are insinuating that, somehow, I am retarded and don't know how to read a jean tag, or that Jay is retarded and shipped me the wrong jeans. You've said this twice now... come on. My rockers are a size 36. They have like 1.5" more leg opening than a 28, or something like that. Extrapolate from there the rest of the size disparity.
    So? Are your legs the same size as a sz.28? No, they're larger, but the increase in waist size should translate to a proportional change in other measurements as well

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

So? Are your legs the same size as a sz.28? No, they're larger, but the increase in waist size should translate to a proportional change in other measurements as well

i don't know what you're getting at. moo isn't as skinny as some of the 20 year old asians like you and me? im pretty sure that 6" in the waist in moo's jeans isn't corresponding to a proportionally longer/wider leg, which makes his jeans not look or fit as slim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.