The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Detail shots of what I just sent in for Scott.m's waywt-off thing. Still don't think the camera is capable of doing the jeans justice - they're airbrushed with blue paint.

Edited for Hendrix, click for spoiler? http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1715/051g.jpg

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

NO we're meant to see them all at once so there can be a wave of amazing!

nice anyway.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

How did that cable-knit fit in? There's no way you went McQueen mohair + cable-knit + leather

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

It's a scarf dude.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I think the time is nearing to finally put johnH out of his own misery.

I dunno man. I'm not trying to have a baller/non-baller or MC/avant-garde/workwear showdown; many people here can contribute and a lot of them bring a lot more than I do. It's not about excluding anyone providing they don't just come here to shit things up but some stuff has got to stop. Can we lay down the misogynistic, homophobic, racist, classist and anti-fashion rants and leave aggression at the door? There is a difference between humour (hey I sometimes use bitch or say mock-racist things to prove a point or make a remark that is quite hostile) and really being a total douchebag. It seems some of our members can't wait to brag about treating women like shit (hahaha bitches are so stupid) or how they can kick some faggot's ass cause they real man who don't wear fashun and shit. That bullshit has got to stop and then maybe, just maybe we can also tackle the problem of having some members who feel validated as human beings because they can buy a lot of Prorsum, Poell or whatnot. Next down the line, if we ever get there, is to do away with the assumption that all opinions are equal no matter how uneducated and badly formulated they are. When I say I am well-read all I am saying is that I have the required apparatus, be it readings, exposure or having taken the time to think about stuff to discuss some of the topics we handle on SF.

JohnHH so far has "hated on fashion fags', made violent claims and showed no open mind, and what's more crass ignorance, about anything we care about here. He also takes shitty pictures of outfits I find ugly but I guess if he did good somewhere else I wouldn't care.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

...isn't it a scarf?

7. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

What shoes? Why am I thinking Bottega?

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

NO we're meant to see them all at once so there can be a wave of amazing! nice anyway.
    I didn't post the actual fit, just the detail shots. But I edited it for you, so there you go. Anyway it's not likely to contribute too much to a wave of amazing though in terms of colour, tone and texture I do like how it came together for a daily, what I wore to work today thing.

Kit: can't I?

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I dunno man. I'm not trying to have a baller/non-baller or MC/avant-garde/workwear showdown; many people here can contribute and a lot of them bring a lot more than I do. It's not about excluding anyone providing they don't just come here to shit things up but some stuff has got to stop. Can we lay down the misogynistic, homophobic, racist, classist and anti-fashion rants and leave aggression at the door? There is a difference between humour (hey I sometimes use bitch or say mock-racist things to prove a point or make a remark that is quite hostile) and really being a total douchebag. It seems some of our members can't wait to brag about treating women like shit (hahaha bitches are so stupid) or how they can kick some faggot's ass cause they real man who don't wear fashun and shit. That bullshit has got to stop and then maybe, just maybe we can also tackle the problem of having some members who feel validated as human beings because they can buy a lot of Prorsum, Poell or whatnot. Next down the line, if we ever get there, is to do away with the assumption that all opinions are equal no matter how uneducated and badly formulated they are. When I say I am well-read all I am saying is that I have the required apparatus, be it readings, exposure or having taken the time to think about stuff to discuss some of the topics we handle on SF.

JohnHH so far has "hated on fashion fags', made violent claims and showed no open mind, and what's more crass ignorance, about anything we care about here. He also takes shitty pictures of outfits I find ugly but I guess if he did good somewhere else I wouldn't care.

Awesome post. Needs to get at the Muslim haters too.

10. snake

snake Senior member

Detail shots of what I just sent in for Scott.m's waywt-off thing. Still don't think the camera is capable of doing the jeans justice - they're airbrushed with blue paint.

Edited for Hendrix, click for spoiler? http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1715/051g.jpg

That looks really good. Pic is doing the 5zip justice.

11. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I didn't post the actual fit, just the detail shots. But I edited it for you, so there you go. Anyway it's not likely to contribute too much to a wave of amazing though in terms of colour, tone and texture I do like how it came together for a daily, what I wore to work today thing.

haha i was sort of joking. No point in editing now that i've already seen it anyway.

it looks good.

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

btw i have a bag very very similar to that which is made by a company called Fat Face

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

It's a scarf dude.
    Lies!
    No, it's a travesty that that mohair is covered up in the first place. And I'm not entirely sure that the color of those sneakers fits the rest of the palette, could look better in the full fit, dunno.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

i think your fly is down

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

That looks really good. Pic is doing the 5zip justice.
    Better detail pic of it done up:http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5063/047wy.jpg
    Only took 2 full body shots but took a bunch of detail pics.
    I'm not entirely sure that the color of those sneakers fits the rest of the palette, could look better in the full fit, dunno.
    It works irl, not sure about in pics thanks to the lighting... it's because the shoes, jeans and knit all are really saturated. I just like how the baked suede, mohair, thick wool, matte overdye denim and patent leather textures all kind of mesh (and there's a little seersucker in there too under the knit) which I guess is why I wear this so damned much though I sub in different knits or go without a knit. It's pretty much my "throw on without thinking" fit.

If anything's out of place, I think it's the filson, or maybe even the 5zip a bit. But what can I say it's what I had on.

i think your fly is down
    Button fly except 2nd button is a brass hook instead. These are the same jean but in orange: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/saintelv...geJean48a5.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.