• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Detail shots of what I just sent in for Scott.m's waywt-off thing. Still don't think the camera is capable of doing the jeans justice - they're airbrushed with blue paint.

Edited for Hendrix, click for spoiler? http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1715/051g.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How did that cable-knit fit in? There's no way you went McQueen mohair + cable-knit + leather

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think the time is nearing to finally put johnH out of his own misery.

I dunno man. I'm not trying to have a baller/non-baller or MC/avant-garde/workwear showdown; many people here can contribute and a lot of them bring a lot more than I do. It's not about excluding anyone providing they don't just come here to **** things up but some stuff has got to stop. Can we lay down the misogynistic, homophobic, racist, classist and anti-fashion rants and leave aggression at the door? There is a difference between humour (hey I sometimes use ***** or say mock-racist things to prove a point or make a remark that is quite hostile) and really being a total douchebag. It seems some of our members can't wait to brag about treating women like **** (hahaha bitches are so stupid) or how they can kick some ******'s ass cause they real man who don't wear fashun and ****. That bullshit has got to stop and then maybe, just maybe we can also tackle the problem of having some members who feel validated as human beings because they can buy a lot of Prorsum, Poell or whatnot. Next down the line, if we ever get there, is to do away with the assumption that all opinions are equal no matter how uneducated and badly formulated they are. When I say I am well-read all I am saying is that I have the required apparatus, be it readings, exposure or having taken the time to think about stuff to discuss some of the topics we handle on SF.

JohnHH so far has "hated on fashion ****', made violent claims and showed no open mind, and what's more crass ignorance, about anything we care about here. He also takes ****** pictures of outfits I find ugly but I guess if he did good somewhere else I wouldn't care.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
NO we're meant to see them all at once so there can be a wave of amazing! nice anyway.
I didn't post the actual fit, just the detail shots. But I edited it for you, so there you go. Anyway it's not likely to contribute too much to a wave of amazing though in terms of colour, tone and texture I do like how it came together for a daily, what I wore to work today thing.

Kit: can't I?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I dunno man. I'm not trying to have a baller/non-baller or MC/avant-garde/workwear showdown; many people here can contribute and a lot of them bring a lot more than I do. It's not about excluding anyone providing they don't just come here to **** things up but some stuff has got to stop. Can we lay down the misogynistic, homophobic, racist, classist and anti-fashion rants and leave aggression at the door? There is a difference between humour (hey I sometimes use ***** or say mock-racist things to prove a point or make a remark that is quite hostile) and really being a total douchebag. It seems some of our members can't wait to brag about treating women like **** (hahaha bitches are so stupid) or how they can kick some ******'s ass cause they real man who don't wear fashun and ****. That bullshit has got to stop and then maybe, just maybe we can also tackle the problem of having some members who feel validated as human beings because they can buy a lot of Prorsum, Poell or whatnot. Next down the line, if we ever get there, is to do away with the assumption that all opinions are equal no matter how uneducated and badly formulated they are. When I say I am well-read all I am saying is that I have the required apparatus, be it readings, exposure or having taken the time to think about stuff to discuss some of the topics we handle on SF.

JohnHH so far has "hated on fashion ****', made violent claims and showed no open mind, and what's more crass ignorance, about anything we care about here. He also takes ****** pictures of outfits I find ugly but I guess if he did good somewhere else I wouldn't care.

Awesome post. Needs to get at the Muslim haters too.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I didn't post the actual fit, just the detail shots. But I edited it for you, so there you go. Anyway it's not likely to contribute too much to a wave of amazing though in terms of colour, tone and texture I do like how it came together for a daily, what I wore to work today thing.

haha i was sort of joking. No point in editing now that i've already seen it anyway.

it looks good.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
It's a scarf dude.
Lies!
No, it's a travesty that that mohair is covered up in the first place. And I'm not entirely sure that the color of those sneakers fits the rest of the palette, could look better in the full fit, dunno.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Detail shots of what I just sent in for Scott.m's waywt-off thing. Still don't think the camera is capable of doing the jeans justice - they're airbrushed with blue paint.

Edited for Hendrix, click for spoiler? http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1715/051g.jpg

i think your fly is down

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
That looks really good. Pic is doing the 5zip justice.
Better detail pic of it done up:http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5063/047wy.jpg
Only took 2 full body shots but took a bunch of detail pics.
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I'm not entirely sure that the color of those sneakers fits the rest of the palette, could look better in the full fit, dunno.
It works irl, not sure about in pics thanks to the lighting... it's because the shoes, jeans and knit all are really saturated. I just like how the baked suede, mohair, thick wool, matte overdye denim and patent leather textures all kind of mesh (and there's a little seersucker in there too under the knit) which I guess is why I wear this so damned much though I sub in different knits or go without a knit. It's pretty much my "throw on without thinking" fit.

If anything's out of place, I think it's the filson, or maybe even the 5zip a bit. But what can I say it's what I had on.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
i think your fly is down
Button fly except 2nd button is a brass hook instead. These are the same jean but in orange: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/saintelv...geJean48a5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads