The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

aeglus, this has been bothering me for awhile: how do you pronounce your username?

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

3. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

By sage green do you mean my pants? They're the black wax coated 3Sixteens, all the colors are messed up.

I was talking about the jacket and sweater combination. The jeans definitely look indigo instead of black in that photo.

If you just wore a white vneck under it, fit would improve a bunch. Simple fits rock.

+1. Subtle, rich colors like sage green are brought out best with black and white.

4. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

The sage green and pallid blue colors are washing eachother out. I'm not a believer in "blue and green shall not be seen", but there really has to be some contrast in value and/or saturation.
    By sage green do you mean my pants?
    He's talking about your sage green pants, are you color blind? duh [​IMG]

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

[​IMG]
    J Crew
    J Crew
    J Crew
    J Crew

I like the rothko sweater a lot, but I would have no idea how to wear it.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

My rothko sweater (not the same as Big Punisher's) is one of my favorite pieces. Lemme see if I can find a fit pic [​IMG]

7. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Same thing happened to me. I cropped out my head in a photograph and everybody started telling me how good I looked. [​IMG]

Same thing happened with BlueMagic a couple pages back i think...

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

[​IMG] J Crew J Crew J Crew J Crew
    Everything here seems to be a size too small for your build
    [​IMG] mmm thom browne tumi belt capital e's barneys chukkas
    I've never liked brown pants, I don't know why, I just don't (especially with brown shoes and belt), but this fit is on point. Love that the boots are well-worn, so sick of seeing people with pristine shoes/boots

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Sweater looks a little bulky under that. Also the whole color pallet is just bland. Too much contrast with the jacket and jeans. That beige will look good if you’re a brown/black dude, otherwise no…
    J Crew
    Jeans are pretty tight, maybe ok with the right getup. That sweater’s wide fat stripes make you look a little “heavy” on the top, not sure if that’s true or not, but the jeans tightness to sweater looseness ratio is off. It’s not you, it’s the clothes.
    damn u, scoot Idunno. Who's a search engine pro and can rewind us back to PG's white pant summer looks? IIRC, he pulled them off well AND he is not incredibly thin or incredibly tall. I have mine at the ready for summer again, but I think after a winter of squats I won't be able to wear them any longer.
    Here’s some white jeans. They don’t all look bad, but it is hard to do well I think. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

^^^ Do you maintain a database of WAYWT fits for future reference? [​IMG]

The yardsale fit is epic though. I think white jeans work best for something breezy, summery, and vaguely nautical.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^^ Do you maintain a database of WAYWT fits for future reference? [​IMG]
    Kindof. I save some pics here and there, mostly 1. If I have some item I'm not sure what to wear with or am looking for new ideas 2. If I see something I don't have come up many times I might add it to my list of things to look out for to buy 3. General "inspiration", whether because of fit, or mix of colors, textures, etc. Between the 2 WAYWT's (MC and SW&D) I probably only save 1-2 pics a day max. PS - I've NEVER saved a single one of YOURS, lol...

12. asobu

asobu Senior member

big p's pieces are really nice on their own, but i'm not sure they work very well together in this way. At least lose the sweater, like someone said, a simple t-shirt would make this outfit a lot better. The leather looks nice but seem a bit tight, so combined with the knit and the rather tight jeans makes you look a bit top heavy. Just a t-shirt under would probably make it less bulky, too.

The knit is awesome, but need different pants. Even though the colors might be off in the pic I'd still rather see it paired with something other than jeans.

13. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

PS - I've NEVER saved a single one of YOURS, lol...

That was just unnecessarily mean. [​IMG]

*sulks off*

14. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Starting a new one. I will move the last few pages into this thread but feel free to make new posts here for now.

15. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

FIRSTTTTTTTT! Why you gotta do me like that, J? [​IMG] THxUniqlo Uniqlo Uniqlo N(N) OC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.