• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
buying LV is being a brand whore, you're not buying it because they're doing something special or unique you're buying it because it got a fancy name that celebrities like. hopefully you'll realize that it's better to buy **** that people look at and say "I have NEVER seen that in my life and it looks amazing" instead of **** people look at and say "oh hey that's louis vuitton probably cost a lot"

one says "I care about fashion and style enough to research into unique and lesser known brands" and the other says "I LOVE LV'S MARKETING DEPARTMENT!"

it's like, really, when you see some kid walking down the street with a gucci belt buckle or something are you like "DAMN THAT GUY IS FASHIONABLE BECAUSE HIS BELT BUCKLE COST THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS" or do you think "that guy spent three hundred dollars on a logo, for that price I could have bought some common projects that would look good and subtle, instead of screaming look at me!!!" Not saying I dress cheaply, or subtly. but for the price my **** costs yeah I could have bought a lot of random fashion house garbage, I'd rather wear **** people don't even know exists.

Points aside, there's nothing good about subtlety unless you're ugly.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got my hair cut on the weekend so that I can stop feeling the need to wear my hat to work. Still plenty long on top for weekends though. Click for front alt or go to blog for different alt.

Jef Costello

Reaction score
aeglus: Looks great!

MS007

Reaction score
ciclista, thats a lot of denim (with not so much details ) and the shirt is very blunt. I think a plain shirt or a less loud color would blend in better.

Thomaso, the coat fits you nice. You could go for a brighter jeans(?). Would work better with the shoes. But with this picture quality, I ll assume it is much brighter than it looks and you are good.

kix, I like this a lot. Don't bottom the shirt up to your chin and I hope the outseam color matches the shirt.

Notwit, good basic fit. Blue jeans would work better though.

Kunk, too tight. However, that beanie looks really good on you.

jwied, show more of the boots, please. And make someone buy you a bracelet.

Morgan, all of the pieces are nice. But the jeans looks too clean here and there is already a lot going on on that sweater. With that jacket the upper half looks a bit messy compared to the lower half.

shellshock, it doesn't do you a favour tha tthe end of the jacket and the dress are aligned.

Alex, drop the glasses and add a smile (and a hat) and your look goes from guido to great.

aeglus, stop advertising your blog. People are to lazy to click and could learn a lot from you.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexlude
I'm new to SF, but wanted to start postin' and seeing everyone else's fashion sense and widen my own...

anyways i'll start with what i wore today...

I'm a noob for this thread so don't start the hate quite yet .. hahah

1056665205_JHNfH-XL.jpg

If you walk down the street looking like this...its going to go down well IMO. The rest of the population are not worried about obscure brands or internet fashion trends, and to most people you look very stylish. The bitches will definitley dig this kind of look
laugh.gif
If you stay around here your tastes will change slightly I expect. What are the shoes?

GlenCoe

Reaction score
looking good, aeglus

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
I dunno man, I know you wanna be all Kanye but throw out the stunnah shades. That's my constructive advice. Also, don't buy anything from LV.
facepalm.gif
They're just Wayfarers.
Originally Posted by Brinbro
This place is so strange lately, I second guess everything now... are you a troll?
Quoted for irony.

Originally Posted by stinger70
If yo
facepalm.gif
u walk down the street looking like this...its going to go down well IMO. The rest of the population are not worried about obscure brands or internet fashion trends, and to most people you look very stylish. The bitches will definitley dig this kind of look
laugh.gif
If you stay around here your tastes will change slightly I expect. What are the shoes?

lol, this.

It isn't bad, but it is still a bit hypebeast for my taste. Ditch the scarf (its relative thickness contrasts the sleeve roll), maybe switch out the shirt for another solid and add a jacket. The shoes aren't a bad start, but you should probably still check out the sneaker threads (oh yeah, do something with the ends of the laces).

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
facepalm.gif
They're just Wayfarers.

You're missing the point. With the shades, scarf, loose(r) jeans, and poor sneaker tuck, Alexlude looks like typical KW. Seriously douchy, in all honesty. Looks like someone trying way too hard to look like a badass.

kanye_west_sneaker_090122.jpg

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you bother reading my post? I addressed everything else, he was told to toss the glasses when they are just Wayfarers. When you have no hair, a large band of plastic on your face is pretty hard to miss, regardless of the style.

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Yeah, I did. Sorry, my post was more of a general comment on how douchey his get-up looks than an attack on anything you said. Poorly worded on my part.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
what i find it pretty objectionable.

shirt epaulets are annoying. Jeans don't fit particularly well. Pretty ugly sneakers too. Sunglasses are annoying, especially with the scarf.

Sunglasses + scarf = annoying? You realize the sun still rises in the cold, right?

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I got my hair cut on the weekend so that I can stop feeling the need to wear my hat to work. Still plenty long on top for weekends though. Click for front alt or go to blog for different alt.

Nice cuffs; I aspire everyday for those cuffs. And I like the silhouette, the fit is very good.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know its probably old news but that bomber is awesome; totally totally awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics