• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmont

Reaction score
markmont_waywt_10.17.10_01.png

markmont_waywt_10.17.10_02.png

mf breezer
ih od
sexfh05
barneys

**denim suit sunday

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Haha yep, they are the Grey Weird Guys, we only have sizes 29, 33, and 36 left but next time we restock I suspect we will get more sizes in.
Very cool. I'll keep an eye peeled on the 4HM thread and your website, then. Thanks, man!

Morgan

Reaction score
A cool, wet autumn day in L.A. brings out the native New Englander in me. Maybe I'm a little too proud of the sweater I scored at the Long Beach Flea Market this morning, but it was 1/20th the price of a nearly identical Woolrich sweater I tried on at Ron Herman yesterday. L.L. Bean sweater Pure Blue Japan Eljo's hoof pick belt - dark brown, not black as it may appear L.L. Bean boots
RFkq6.jpg
AjAR3.jpg
7IjSs.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i want the belt

and kind of the sweater too

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
A cool, wet autumn day in L.A. brings out the native New Englander in me. Maybe I'm a little too proud of the sweater I scored at the Long Beach Flea Market this morning, but it was 1/20th the price of a nearly identical Woolrich sweater I tried on a Ron Herman yesterday.

L.L. Bean sweater
Pure Blue Japan
Eljo's hoof pick belt
L.L. Bean boots

holy **** this is rad

nonissue

Reaction score
^ eh, sweaters too short — looks like some sweater you found in your closet that you wore when you were twelve. belt looks too gimmicky (and it's black?), boot tuck isn't great, and I just really dislike duck boots to begin with. very rare that they look good, and they just don't make sense in a fit without a coat or a chunkier knit.

edit: haha, in the time it took me to post, 3 people love it.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Yep looks good.
There is a definite redux of 1980's alpine knits going on today.
Those tight weave, trimmer types were always my favorite.
Also Bean boots will always rule.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
no - i just want a sweater with reindeer on it and a neat belt.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
^ eh, sweaters too short "” looks like some sweater you found in your closet that you wore when you were twelve. belt looks too gimmicky (and it's black?), boot tuck isn't great, and I just really dislike duck boots to begin with. very rare that they look good, and they just don't make sense in a fit without a coat or a chunkier knit.

edit: haha, in the time it took me to post, 3 people love it.

Sweater looks like it fits fine. I think it is long enough (judging by the way its bunching a bit at the bottom) and that he just pulled it up so that the belt was visible- if you look it covers his belt in the back.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Yeh the boots are supposed to be huge and chunky, thats why I got them. I understand where you're coming from though

ya oughta wear some different shoes in your fit pics every once in a while though. for the viewers.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
^wtf, i really like this even though i hate every individual piece (except the jeans)

bravo

+1

This is kind of mind blowing. If I heard about this I would not believe that it could be pulled off. As it stands, it all works.

I actually like the shorter sweater too. Gives a good torso/leg ratio and a fairly masculine silhouette (which is a nice contrast the the reindeer). It's also preventing the stubby leg look that happens so often with boot tucks.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads