The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softy

softy Senior member

^ I feel like this is almost exactly the same getup Humberto Leon had on in that 'Weekend with Opening Ceremony' video. Not hatin', just sayin'

2. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

[​IMG]

W+H
    Sugar Cane
    Chuckalikes

I hope you play drums.

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Black jeans with brown boots is really bugging me, and shirt untucked is kinda awkward looking imo. Untucked shirt is necessary to break up the dark gray sweater + black pants, sure, but that's just another reason why you should be wearing beat up raw denim. And then you could keep the brown boots, and the dark gray -> blue transition would be broken up by itself. I like all of the individual pieces, and the fit of them. Just begging for beat up indigo.
    Agreed and completely disagree. No offense, TKJTG, but it looks sloppy as all hell regardless if you're wearing black jeans, beat-up indigo, or anything else. I understand the gothninja approach to untucking but it's simply not the same with a b/u shirt, let alone one that has a design as pronounced as a plaid or flannel. Your pieces are designed to look clean so an attempt to "sprezz" your fit just comes off bro-ish and amateur. I'll put it to you this way: it makes as much sense as a faux tuck. Exhibit A: [​IMG] Exhibit B: [​IMG] Don't be these guys.

4. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

The second pic is suicide fodder. [​IMG]

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Agreed and completely disagree. No offense, TKJTG, but it looks sloppy as all hell regardless if you're wearing black jeans, beat-up indigo, or anything else. I understand the gothninja approach to untucking but it's simply not the same with a b/u shirt, let alone one that has a design as pronounced as a plaid or flannel. Your pieces are designed to look clean so an attempt to "sprezz" your fit just comes off bro-ish and amateur.

I'll put it to you this way: it makes as much sense as a faux tuck.

Exhibit A:
    [​IMG]

Exhibit B:
    http://cdn4.lookbook.nu/files/looks/...jpg?1234419893

Don't be these guys.

Hahaha, definitely point taken. I'll try a do-over of this tomorrow. Let's see if I can't make it something presentable. [​IMG]

6. Listi

Listi Senior member

Agreed and completely disagree.
    I should maybe have phrased that differently. I am against untucked button downs hanging out of sweaters in almost every case, should have said something like "I understand you're using it to break up the black" because I completely agree with you. And that exhibit b is just atrocious... exhibit a is really bad and try hard, but b is just unbelievable.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

What about synthese's shirt tails peaking out frmo under his knit a couple days ago? Would that fit have worked tucked?

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I don't even think breaking up the black at the waist is even necessary. The colors of his shirt are already popping under the shawl collar.

Link, Eas?

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

This one:
    [​IMG] bbblahhhhhhhh
    this would work tucked, with a nice belt breaking up the blue/adding something of interest. it would be a slightly cleaner look though, I know synthese doesn't like clean.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I don't even think breaking up the black at the waist is even necessary. The colors of his shirt are already popping under the shawl collar.

Link, Eas?

You don't think the grey on black might look a little odd? I was afraid it might look monotonous.

11. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

This one:

not sure what to think

See, in this case, it does precisely what Listi is trying to explain.

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Yeah, but a belt can also perform that function

13. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

Yeah, but a belt can also perform that function

Yes, but it wouldn't attain that sense of juxtaposition that an opposing color would.

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

That was one of the only synthese fits that made me go "wtf????" I didn't like it at all. Eason is absolutely correct in "belt + tuck" would have been the way to go.

Ya he's doing the thing I described, but it works so much better with non-bd shirts. Regardless, I do not do it myself, and would never. I've been a proponent of the tuck for years.

15. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

That was one of the only synthese fits that made me go "wtf????" I didn't like it at all. Eason is absolutely correct in "belt + tuck" would have been the way to go.

Ya he's doing the thing I described, but it works so much better with non-bd shirts. Regardless, I do not do it myself, and would never. I've been a proponent of the tuck for years.

I am also a pretty strict supporter of tucking. But I can see how others could rock untucked, is all I'm saying: especially with nice, contrasting colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.