1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homme

Homme Distinguished Member

^ [​IMG]

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

socal is legendary on certain forums
    http://jawn.mikevitoroulis.net/viewtopic.php?id=7&p=3

i admit that his earlier efforts, combined with bad lighting, atrocious photography and awkward posing made him look like a clown, but his latest fits, the more fitted and tailored looks , i actually quite like

Not to mention StyleZeitgeist.

[​IMG]

If I had another Miu Miu trench to send you for your efforts I so would.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

muh new grey n black hair [​IMG]

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That's so gandolf!

5. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior Member

It's funny that in your eyes you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you wear one designer head to toe (which in my eyes is an homage to their artistry) you have no ability to create your own style and on the other hand if you wear 5 different designers you'd be a label whore. Well honestly dude, fuck you and fuck your shitty denim line. I'm helping run a $110 million men's business deciding what to sell to all the fuckers on this board, I think the fact that I actually work in the fashion industry and know damn well what I am doing and what I am looking at and what the clothes mean is lost on many people because it's easy to just say "Oh he is a fashion whore who just hides behind $ and labels."

Awesome, and well said, sir. Falcon Punch to RyeGB's groin! [​IMG]

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

You prob don't believe if but you are one of mine.

[​IMG]

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

god, i have to find a pick. that was my hair 15 years ago. everything old is new again.

muh new grey n black hair
    [​IMG]

8. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member

Why dont you save some money and pick up the same exact thing from UO...ON SALE.
    Kent-- you cannot distinguish between that cardi and something from UO? Seriously?

9. APK

APK Distinguished Member

Kent's not the sharpest peacock.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

How does missing 2 days of sf put me behind like 5-6 pages (i roll on 40posts perpage). All i know is that magician's photshop is hilarious, pinkpantser's photo is awesome and i'm pumped that luckycloud from sufu is here. Plus, socal is infinitely cooler than 90% of the posters here and stresses less about his clothes than other SFrs

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

"will these high heel wedge boots work with my 'dressy casual' style?"

12. bluemagic

bluemagic Distinguished Member

What is the point of all this bickering? All it will do is drive people who post fit pics away from the forum, because they are scrutinized in harsh and inappropriate ways.

So you guys criticize kixslf to the point where he gets pissed off and leaves. Does that make you happy? What does that contribute to anything?

Are you really THAT petty and childish?

It's good that SoCal has thick skin. He has never been afraid of criticism. But many other good posters have been driven away for no reason at all.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i'd say getting pissed off and leaving due to some relatively mild criticism is fairly petty and childish, actually

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

What is the point of all this bickering? All it will do is drive people who post fit pics away from the forum, because they are scrutinized in harsh and inappropriate ways.

So you guys criticize kixslf to the point where he gets pissed off and leaves. Does that make you happy? What does that contribute to anything?

It's good that SoCal has thick skin. He has never been afraid of criticism. But many other good posters have been driven away for no reason at all.

Well it's mostly because many people here as opposed to say sufu seem to think there is an ultimate way of dressing or a way to make something "perfect" instead of just looking at something, realizing it's good and letting it be. I blame the MC influence honestly. Look at the MC sartorialist critique thread. The guys on sartorialist most all have infinitely more style than anyone in that thread by leaps and bounds but the guys there critique a 1/4" pant break or cuff width here and jacket color/pattern matching there. There isn't a step by step guide or way to quantify the amount of style by adding removing things. That's personally what i like about clothing/fashion/style/etc... However, most pick at nits to the point where everything looks forced, mechanical, and contrived (MC and swd) because they're under the impression that those things are what make outfits good/bad. Not to mention the people that barely can dress themselves without a jcrew catalog or SF trying to critique guys like socal or kix who do their own thing, have a good knowledge of clothing/fashion/style and do their thing well.

I think most should just stick to bully/gangup tactics and pick on people less stylish than them. Doesn't work when they nitpick people like kix or socal. I guess this is what happens when some people don't have a new uncontrol/xeno/jonhetcht fit to make fun of. Although it's fun watching the one eyed people lead the blind newbies when it comes to fits

15. m00ba77

m00ba77 Senior Member

Off Topic:

Where is a good place to show photos of a specific item to get feedback on whether you should keep it or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.