• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Somewhere in a lodge in the middle of the rough LA woods sipping a whisky, Lance Konami is facepalming at all of you
Lance doesn't drink liquor. Muthafucka drinks pure bile.
Originally Posted by Nil
Agreed. Workwear done right.
Seriously? I mean, the clothes fit and shoes look nice but... "workwear" equals rocking bare ankles with wingtips?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Polo hate is one of the weirdest examples of SF groupthink I can think of. That and OMG (regular) GATs! I would posit that it's at least partially because polos look bad on skinny dus. Also, because they're pretty bland (though the same could be said for solid colored OCBDs, etc.) and have negative associations (suburban dad/best buy salesman). However, like anything SF usually disagrees with (Pre-faded jeans, graphic tees) work it into something the right way and haters gon' hate. Speaking of "things that look bad on [bodytype]" Crazyjew, if you're a shorty like me, buy yourself a cropped leather jacket instead of a blazer with your $400 gilt credit. Blazers are always gonna look kinda funny and gilt has a million leather jackets all the time.
I'm new to this forum so I don't get how I'm part of SF groupthink. In fact my hatred for polos is also what got me to revamp my wardrobe of boring. Also, listi the clothes in that pic looks badass.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
was this a troll? ornery members need to be more positive/constructive
lol when have you ever posted a fit? Get off *******, I don't want any of your diseases

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Somewhere in a lodge in the middle of the rough LA woods sipping a whisky, Lance Konami is facepalming at all of you

lol8[1].gif

Mirrorball

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
lol when have you ever posted a fit? Get off *******, I don't want any of your diseases
He's right. Fit is bad. Too big in the shoulders and sleeves are too big in both width and length. The piece itself is awesome and i have nothing but good things to say about TOJ but from that pic the sizing looks way off and not good.
10-8.jpg

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stinger70

Reaction score
It still gives a starting point, it's not like there's any way to be Kunk-sized at 135 and 6'1. I have a feeling he is wearing burlap sacks for clothes and thinking that a size 38 burlap sack is his true size.
check my fit pics, brah. nothing but compliments on the fit of my clothes.

6'1 135 is borderline ridiculous. That's probably unhealthy man.
I've never been any different, admittedly i dont eat as much as i should now (i eat big meals, but barely eat anything before the evening.) But back when i was eating 3 meals a day i was exactly the same size. Starting a new job soon so will be back to a regular routine and eating more regularly, so i'll see if that adds any weight but i doubt it. I did 3000-3500 calories a day for a few weeks and never gained so much as a pound. I have a long neck though so i guess in terms of body size im more like 5'11.

stinger70

Reaction score
^lol. Love it when he spends all their money on crisps instead. You are right about that pic though. I dunno how old crazy jew is but it just looks like he's playing dress up, which isnt a criticism but i've been through that stage as well. I mean realistically, when are you going to need to dress like that at your age? It doesnt look right on you. Plus the fact that everything is a little big and sloppy looking doesnt help. I think you should try to go for a more casual look to avoid the "playing dress up" image, and start by getting a really well fitting pair of slim jeans...that 6 inch cuff just doesnt look good.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^"Playing dress up"? "Go for a more casual look"? Just stop dude.

CrazyJew looks a lot better without the goatee. As has been mentioned, your clothes don't fit. What you need to do is look around. Really look. Look at other peoples WAYWTs, look at runway shows, look at lookbooks. You need to get a good idea of how proportion and silhouette work and how to communicate that on your frame. Before you go dropping flow on badly designed clearance high end **** on GILT you should probably go to H&M or Zara or maybe Urban Outfitters and just put some clothes on your body that actually fit you, so you have some semblance of what a proper fit on you looks and feels like. You don't have to actually buy anything, just go into one of those stores, grab a bunch of clothes in different sizes and try them on till you get it right. Take a good hard look. Realize what works and what doesn't. Don't be afraid to go slim or skinny. Tapered clothes look better on the vast majority of people, dudes are just ******* scared. Pretty often seems like fear of being perceived as not manly or feeling like their body type wouldn't work in those kinds of clothes. Seriously, get over your anxiety and fear of being looked at differently. Just put it on, you will realize it's not weird, it's not a big deal, and you look a million times better. [/niceguyhandholdingmode]

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simion505
You've almost got the look of Will from the Inbetweeners when he goes to a wine shop to buy alcohol underage haha
Can't unsee.

stinger70

Reaction score
^what exactly do you want me to stop...dude? You basically just rubbished my reply and then said the same thing that everyone else has said. You offered some good advice in studying lookbooks and silhouettes, and i offered good advice in avoiding "dad clothes" before you have the basics e.g well fitting slim jeans. I feel thats its best to experiment with smaller things before you dive into more advanced looks because otherwise you end up looking out of place and like you threw on a bunch of ill-considered clothes. Im not an expert but i have been through the phase that crazyjew seems to be in at the moment, and that is my advice. Please dont act like you are the sole authority on internet fashion advice when in reality, neither you nor I are even close.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Seriously? I mean, the clothes fit and shoes look nice but... "workwear" equals rocking bare ankles with wingtips?

it does if you want raw ankles and dirty shoes! I think it looks nice though as said...but wouldn't say the shoes are something you'd go out and work in.

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I did, but I think I lost it now that my ribs are starting to show again.

You sound obsessed.....Have you previously had trouble with obesity?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^"Playing dress up"? "Go for a more casual look"? Just stop dude.

CrazyJew looks a lot better without the goatee. As has been mentioned, your clothes don't fit. What you need to do is look around. Really look. Look at other peoples WAYWTs, look at runway shows, look at lookbooks. You need to get a good idea of how proportion and silhouette work and how to communicate that on your frame. Before you go dropping flow on badly designed clearance high end **** on GILT you should probably go to H&M or Zara or maybe Urban Outfitters and just put some clothes on your body that actually fit you, so you have some semblance of what a proper fit on you looks and feels like. You don't have to actually buy anything, just go into one of those stores, grab a bunch of clothes in different sizes and try them on till you get it right. Take a good hard look. Realize what works and what doesn't. Don't be afraid to go slim or skinny. Tapered clothes look better on the vast majority of people, dudes are just ******* scared. Pretty often seems like fear of being perceived as not manly or feeling like their body type wouldn't work in those kinds of clothes. Seriously, get over your anxiety and fear of being looked at differently. Just put it on, you will realize it's not weird, it's not a big deal, and you look a million times better. [/niceguyhandholdingmode]

This post is true in every way.

@Abliss: lmao no, I am just playing off of the random hate and trolling matching their sarcasm/spite with overreaction. But I love my body and I love being skinny, it has become an identity thing for me. I eat like a maniac and consume vast amounts of heavy beer, my size is genetic. My dad was apparently 140lbs or so at 35, so I've got a long time before I need to worry about my metabolism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads