The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

One is a bad picture taken at a bad angle but it seems to be as good a fit. Dunno what all the angst is. You might not realize this but Gavroche dresses in a very codified way (the APC bobo dressy-casual guy) and in France it is not like a super uncommon look (the "I wear APC" look). He does it well btw but he'll be the first to tell you he wants to look like a regular guy but with good proportions and nice but not fancy pieces.

Oh and if I had to guess I'd say teger's jeans and sweater are much rougher and uneven in look and he's a bigger guy with a big beard so the two guys probably look very different in person.

Where the fuck do you find any angst? I realize Ga is really codified, both are just regular-guy-looking-solid type of looks, GA just looks better. More than anything the similarity caught my eye and I felt like bashing Teger a little.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

@crazyjew: Styleforum is probably the bitchiest and most nitpicky place on the internet, you literally get burned on everything. People are flamed for looking too normal, too weird, too tight, too loose, crap brands, overly baller brands, wrong hair, wrong age, wrong face, wrong body, not enough layers, too many layers, too formal, too sloppy, mixing styles, following one style only, etc. etc. etc. it's just the way this site is. Wear what you want, but don't post fits which are decidedly mediocre. Like, I was going out for wings tonight and wore a hoodie from Urban Outfitters, a white tee, some Nudies, and converse. I didn't post that shit though, but you know it's like, I was going out to eat chicken wings I'm not gonna wear Dior, shit can get messy. I dunno, I guess what I'm trying to say is chill the fuck out. Everyone gets burned. Take it, and move on. You can joke about how badly you dressed in the past, but you can't joke about how you used to get all pissy and overreact and now you're level headed and cool. People will forget about your goatee if your fit is good... don't defend shit just prove people wrong. Getting into an argument about your outfit is NOT worth it.
    Styleforum: proving the adage that no one is perfect since 2002. But seriously, you just have to stop defending it. If you aren't going to change, then don't change, but so long as you keep defending it, people are going to continue to tell you it looks god-awful. At some point you have to make a decision for yourself and say fuck the haters. As for people in life, you'll just have to accept that some people will hate. Oh well, not like their hate is going to make me run home and cut myself.

3. colins

colins Senior member

@crazyjew: Styleforum is probably the bitchiest and most nitpicky place on the internet, you literally get burned on everything.
    4chan /b/ might have something to say about that

4. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

I kinda understand now. I should've known anyway... just like in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when they figured out that everyone is a douche on the internet. [​IMG]

I'm still gonna shave it off though and post another WAYWT tomorrow or Thursday or something and see which one gets more flames lol.

5. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

6. Listi

Listi Senior member

4chan /b/ might have something to say about that
    b is basement dwellers getting mad at middleschoolers about retarded shit. SF is semi to very intelligent people getting mad at each other about matters of utmost importance such as... baller sneakers pocket squares selvage denim drapey shirts hand-made boots etc. @crazyjew: please make the fit you post better... that's all I have to say, don't post without progress.

7. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

God you look like such a wiener.

This is one of the funnier critiques I've seen in SWD.

8. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

I kinda understand now. I should've known anyway... just like in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when they figured out that everyone is a douche on the internet. [​IMG]

I'm still gonna shave it off though and post another WAYWT tomorrow or Thursday or something and see which one gets more flames lol.

As a show of solidarity, I'll shave my shit goatee off too. Even with it I've been mistaken for 15 at 18, so I'll probably look 12 again :/ But good luck duder, honestly by posting a fit alone you've shown a ton of confidence, I'd post fits but it's tough knowing you're going to get your shit wrecked when you do.

9. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

One of my favorite parts of SF/this thread is that most of the stupid shit ppl(especially me) say and do gets brushed into obscurity pretty quickly. . .

10. Listi

Listi Senior member

I actually had you written into one of my posts talking about something but I don't remember anymore. I took it out before posting it.

11. MS007

MS007 Senior member

@ Big Pun: I agree, the shirt doesn't fit you. You could probably pull off a neckhole of that size if the shirt was not so tight.

@samblackbones: Synth is right. A lot of your stuff looks oversized and not in a good way, because some of them are supposed to fit tight, if anything.

@ kelvinsense: Some of the oregano could be better arranged.

@ labelking: great fit!

@ gavroche: Jacket and knit are beautiful and both fit you great.

@game130: No tuck.

@ snake: I didn't notice the lapels until I read your post. Also, The jacket looks really good on you. Bit can you post a fit where it is closed? I could imagine it would accentuate the lapels more.

@Teger: The fit would look much better with different shoes (like Indys or Roy boots).

@CrazyJew: The pants are too baggy and I would leave out the necklace.

@ shoreman: Not much to say here. Don't see much of the shirt, but from the visible part you could go for a bigger collar.

@pinhas: The tuck looks really weird here and leave the bottom button of the vest open, especially when it is longer than the jacket.

@ zissou: I don't like the shoes here. They look very rugged compared to the rest.

@ Pat: The jeans are to tight imo.

@ markmont: The shoes. It could look so much better with better shoes (at least sneaker with laces).

@ ppllzz: perfect.

12. keredog

keredog Senior member

@MS007 ...Really?

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Shoreman, really solid look. Whats the footwear?

They're the Oak Street Bootmakers jawns, thx.

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

@keredog Yes.

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

One is a bad picture taken at a bad angle but it seems to be as good a fit. Dunno what all the angst is. You might not realize this but Gavroche dresses in a very codified way (the APC bobo dressy-casual guy) and in France it is not like a super uncommon look (the "I wear APC" look). He does it well btw but he'll be the first to tell you he wants to look like a regular guy but with good proportions and nice but not fancy pieces. Oh and if I had to guess I'd say teger's jeans and sweater are much rougher and uneven in look and he's a bigger guy with a big beard so the two guys probably look very different in person.
    my beard is getting fierce i've also tried on many of those APC pieces gavroche has and most of them are all too short in the body, so I'd venture to say I'm several inches taller than he? I'd also point out that vintage shetland sweaters aren't particularly slim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.