• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** on.

Originally Posted by jwied82
P9300560.jpg

golden goose shirt
j crew belt
apc jeans
co-op boots

+ r&b jacket
P9300547.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Hey just so everyone knows, I wasn't really offended by anyone's critique. I accepted it with open arms, for the most part.

If I stayed within the Julius brand, it'd be extremely easy to properly match an entire outfit. Unfortunately, I am no where near well off enough to do that. I ******* love Julius more than any other designer I've come to learn about since I first came to SF, but I'd also be stupid as of right now to blow $400 on a pair of Julius pants off Sufu or something. I don't want to leave the cardigan just sittin' in the closet catching dust, so I'm trying to see what the hell I can pair with it. And it's kinda tough. Mixing brands, and with one as avant-garde as Julius, is definitely irritating. I've found that everything has to be "drapey" but natural, so most of my jeans are out of the question, as they are just too "structured" to fit the look. I've found that slacks work the best with it, with a loose, neutral-colored tee like the MJC one.

I think what really killed the look was the stripes on the pants and the sunglasses, which were just WAY too bold for everything else. I'll try it with a pair of my waxed MJ jeans next time, see how that works. If that doesn't, I'll just have to stash it away until I can afford a decent pair of matching trousers in the future.

Dude, I totally feel you. Although, you could purchase Julius stuff used on Sufu for $150-$200, btw. I've been getting a few RO pieces this way. Although, I heavily dislike Armani exchange and would suggest not shopping there. It's not even armani.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Dude, I totally feel you. Although, you could purchase Julius stuff used on Sufu for $150-$200, btw. I've been getting a few RO pieces this way. Although, I heavily dislike Armani exchange and would suggest not shopping there. It's not even armani.

I 110% agree with you. Those pants were something I bought about three years ago, and they've just been in my closet the entire time post-SF'enlightenment.

You are right though... the stuff is cheaper than I thought. I found a pair of dirty white dust drkshdw's for $150 on there just right now that probably would've gone a hell of a lot better with my outfit than crinkled up AX's (lol), but I couldn't help but think of a couple problems:

1. the length is 43in., and I'm 5'6. I'd have to get at least 3-4in. chopped off at the alterations, and I really doubt they could recreate the hem on those kinds of jeans. Are all drkshdw jeans that long? How do I get around that obstacle, or do I have to put up with it and do without the badass hem for them to fit me?

2. How trustworthy are sellers on there? The guy sellin them only has 21 posts and is in the EU, which on SF I might be okay with because this place is more a community rather than a bazaar, but every one of his posts is just a series of bumps.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, going off topic here but just use paypal to ensure you're safety. Don't send as a gift if you're unsure. Definitely look at his history in selling stuff. Other people out their selling similar items who are fairly legit. I dunno, I thought the DRKSHDW jeans length is part of what makes them appealing to me. I love the bunching effect it has when i wear em even though I buy my exact size. Sufu is one big barren, pretty much an E-market. That's why I like the SF and SZ rules for selling.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let 'em stack, they're meant be that long. When I took in my pair of Julius jeans to my tailor to get them slimmed down he must have asked me a half dozen times if I wanted them hemmed (37" inseam).

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
how tall are you?

I'm like 5' 9" its quite irrelevant cuz its the style of the jeans.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
photo-1459.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics