The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

thanks. theyre black waxed petite standards.

what size are those?
    pretty good fit

2. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

Looks great, I love how you can just about tell the quality of pieces just by these 299 x 708 pixel photos.

lol wtf?

3. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG] quite bored waiting for class time Levis+CP no visuals.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

not hatin' on ya but you arent exactly iggy pop. judging by your previous posts, I think you look much more normal/average than you seem to think. you really arent crazy metabolism, veins popping, skin and bones thin. you just look like a soft, naturally small framed dude.
    Do I win?
    For Synthese, from Friday. No fights being picked with me, but I did get the girl. Nicolo Ceschi Berrini Spurr W+H Grenson Gin and Tonic Crazy funhouse proportions from incompetent "nightlife" photographer.
    Those Berrini jackets are really nice, but the hand on the fabrics he uses is shit. He needs to team up with one of the English wool mills. Also, those shoes look terribad.
    I'm not saying what you guys claim skinny fat describes doesn't exist, I'm saying it's AVERAGE. No need to make up some pejorative to describe it, average is rarely anything to aim for. What body type you are describing could be summed up with the phrase "average joe" Unlike, apparently many people, I don't like the look of muscles. I find the look of large muscles exceptionally unappealing. I'm planning on getting into a routine of swimming a little this year to tone myself a little, but have no desire whatsoever to grow visible muscles. Also, I know what I look like in person, and absolutely love my body and the way I look. So, there is really no sense in trying to pick apart the way I look in a misguided attempt to make me feel self conscious. Also, you can't be skinny fat without fat, if you take the fat part out of the equation, you're just skinny! I never said I was toned or in shape or any of that jazz, but I can see my ribs, and almost my spine. I'm definitely not "FAT" in any sense of the word where it means you have an above average amount on your body. And I don't see no drop as a "problem," it is what it is.
    Skinnyfat is not average. You are not skinnyfat. Besides, average American is obese, skinnyfat is at least a step above that.
    I do not approve of this jacket. Everything else is on point, though

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Nil and asobu on point.

6. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

jet's point about asobu being on point is on point

7. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

jet's point about asobu being on point is on point

+1

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^Thanks! It's Jil Sander, the gradient wool/metallic turtleneck from FW07.

that is a nice knit.

For Synthese, from Friday. No fights being picked with me, but I did get the girl.

Nicolo Ceschi Berrini
    Spurr
    W+H
    Grenson
    Gin and Tonic
    Crazy funhouse proportions from incompetent "nightlife" photographer.

nice.

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Oh man grizzly bear was the best IMO but all in all it was a great show. GrIzzly bear brought Feist out for Two Weeks. All three bands killed it.

Sounds fantastic. Wish I could see Phoenix when they come to Philly, but they're playing the same night as the Walkmen (for whom I already have tickets), which is lame. And Grizzly Bear isn't scheduled to come here, as far as I know, which is also lame.

http://harajuju.tumblr.com/post/9080...-cut-wet-denim

I like 'em. How do they look in person, more waxy/coated or more sparkly/metallic?

10. connor

connor Senior member

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

Those Berrini jackets are really nice, but the hand on the fabrics he uses is shit. He needs to team up with one of the English wool mills. Also, those shoes look terribad.

I'm going to disagree with this. I can't comment on his wool as I don't have one of those yet (though it should be coming in the mail soon), but this cotton jacket is actually quite nice. It has, to paraphrase LA Guy, a rustic Italian countryside goth ninja vibe to it; it's a thicker, slightly crispy yet still smooth cotton. My knowledge of fabrics is woeful, so I can't describe it technically at all. It's also the only blazer I've ever owned or even tried on that fits me like a glove without any alterations needed to slim it down (minus the roll behind the collar, but that's due to my wide shoulder and Army-esque posture so it can't be helped).

The shoes are Grenson Jackson boots, which while I agree look kind of shitty there, are better in person and even in other shots.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I like 'em. How do they look in person, more waxy/coated or more sparkly/metallic?
    dont look waxed, for sure. they're not coated, they have silver nylon thread running through that causes them to shimmer

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

There are like, two types of people who don't have guts...

People who work out a lot and keep their body's crazy fit.
    The "sf skinny" people (who are in their early twenties or late teens and as such are generally fairly slender but who are already starting to get porky but convince themselves that being young and still sorta slim means they are fit and have "retarded metabolisms") with retarded metabolisms and excessively slender frames.

I realize that's an oversimplification... but...

FTFY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.