The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Listi

Listi Senior member

not hatin' on ya but you arent exactly iggy pop. judging by your previous posts, I think you look much more normal/average than you seem to think. you really arent crazy metabolism, veins popping, skin and bones thin. you just look like a soft, naturally small framed dude.
    Nah, it's the low camera angle. I'm twiggy as all hell. When I fix my camera I'll take a video sometime, my legs aren't quite fuji but, honestly, they're close. This is low camera angle too, but somewhat more representative. Thin Finn 27x34, they're like shirt sleeves... damn look at all the fat bulging out of that rick owens, a brand known for it's baggy ass tees that are very forgiving of all body types you guys are retarded i'm like in between 32-34 suit size lmfao you're trying to find ways i fit into your fucked up word because I'm against it, but I'm not, and I don't in any way. I'm likely in the top 10% of skinniest people here, drop it. I'm not going to have people take videos of me naked to prove to you guys i'm not fat. I'm far and away the skinniest person I know. [​IMG] edit: Also, iggy pop? So now, to be considered skinny, you have to have a crippling drug addiction? No shit junkies are skinnier than I am, that's like saying "oh man, you're not skinny, you should look at kids in zimbabwe, yeah, they're really skinny." I'd have to be completely malnourished to look like junkie years iggy pop, or bowie, or whoever :\\\\

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Also, people really need to stop using the phrase skinny-fat. Wow, people who have a little bit of fat and a little bit of muscle, but average to below average sized frames are NORMAL, not SKINNY FAT.

Really, is your view so warped because of the extremes of this forum? Yes, we have an above average amount of tiny dudes on this forum who are literally skin and bones, but have you looked AROUND you? Have you ever thought that, hey, maybe the reason why most people wear clothing a size too large is because they've got a gut?

There are like, two types of people who don't have guts...

People who work out a lot and keep their body's crazy fit.
    The "sf skinny" people with retarded metabolisms and excessively slender frames.

I realize that's an oversimplification... but...

Styleforum has an excessively high number of these people, and I'm not saying that the average dudes shouldn't try to fix it (well, I think Aeglus has posted before and after pictures of himself going from chubs to badass) because you definitely can. But jeez, just call them average don't try to insultingly call them skinny fat.

I know someone is going to try to defend the term, by being like "oh hurr but skinny fat means you have a small frame with some fat" or some other bullshit. God, it's a dumb term, stop using it and especially applying it totally randomly.

It's my understanding that Skinny-fat is a term to describe skinny people who don't exercise, the fat part being because they're just as lazy as fat people but they're skinny and so should feel bad about their lazy, exercise-free lifestyle, the obvious remedy being GOMAD/Squatz.

Not an endorsement, just an explanation.

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i'm jealous of your body [​IMG]

It's my understanding that Skinny-fat is a term to describe skinny people who don't exercise, the fat part being because they're just as lazy as fat people but they're skinny and so should feel bad about their lazy, exercise-free lifestyle, the obvious remedy being GOMAD/Squatz.

Not an endorsement, just an explanation.

wrong, it's skinny people who have a gut

4. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

What's up with your frames? The left and right side look like they are completely different shapes.

it's because he used the swirl effect and touched part of the frame. not sure how it's supposed to look though...

5. Nil

Nil Senior member

[​IMG] For Synthese, from Friday. No fights being picked with me, but I did get the girl. Nicolo Ceschi Berrini Spurr W+H Grenson Gin and Tonic Crazy funhouse proportions from incompetent "nightlife" photographer.

6. Binker

Binker Senior member

you're trying to find ways i fit into your fucked up word because I'm against it, but I'm not, and I don't in any way. I'm likely in the top 10% of skinniest people here, drop it. I'm not going to have people take videos of me naked to prove to you guys i'm not fat.
    hmmm, not really, youre just having trouble comprehending the difference between size and body composition. no need for a video, I've seen you in countless fit pics. yes, youre very skinny in the sense that youre small and have no muscle, but you aren't lean or toned or anything, which is what I personally associate with the descriptors like "crazy metabolism" and "no fat" edit: ahh, I wasn't calling you skinny fat, you're nowhere near that point, which I agree with uncontrol is being skinny with pretty significant flab. I just thought the "lol no fat here" comment was weird, cuz as I said its not like youre crazy lean

7. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Semi IMO - A gut isn't necessary to be considered skinny fat, it's just a strong signature. Skinny fat refers to body composition. It's skinny plus low musculature, so whatever meat you have on you is fat, not muscle. It has no veins, cannot be flexed, and lacks an attractive shape. This individual often in reality has a low metabolism, they simply don't eat a lot compared to athletes or the overweight.

Due to male fat storage programming, any weight gain over the years will tend to be deposited on the stomach, glutes, and thighs. Also, without weight training, the shoulders are never developed. The combination creates an egg or fisheye illusion over time. It is also very possible to stay the same weight, but develop this "fatter" appearance as one ages and loses muscle mass, but gains fat mass.

I have personally experienced this. Weighing my least ever, looking worse, and being weak.

That head louse Listi will probably burn me for no citations, but I kinda support what he's saying about being cautious with body image slams in WAYWT.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

listi's problem is that he has no drop. it doesn't matter what sizes you wear, its about the proportion between your upper body and lower body.

9. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

Maybe they work for your aesthetic, but they seem a little too skinny. More importantly, they always sort of look like bell-bottoms in the way they drape (they don't look straight). Maybe that just has to do with how skinny they are.

10. Listi

Listi Senior member

I'm not saying what you guys claim skinny fat describes doesn't exist, I'm saying it's AVERAGE. No need to make up some pejorative to describe it, average is rarely anything to aim for. What body type you are describing could be summed up with the phrase "average joe"

Unlike, apparently many people, I don't like the look of muscles. I find the look of large muscles exceptionally unappealing. I'm planning on getting into a routine of swimming a little this year to tone myself a little, but have no desire whatsoever to grow visible muscles. Also, I know what I look like in person, and absolutely love my body and the way I look. So, there is really no sense in trying to pick apart the way I look in a misguided attempt to make me feel self conscious.

Also, you can't be skinny fat without fat, if you take the fat part out of the equation, you're just skinny! I never said I was toned or in shape or any of that jazz, but I can see my ribs, and almost my spine. I'm definitely not "FAT" in any sense of the word where it means you have an above average amount on your body. And I don't see no drop as a "problem," it is what it is.

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'm with Labelking, average these days is closer to K-Fed than Listi.

12. Binker

Binker Senior member

really wasn't trying to make you feel shitty, I like your look, but I do think you would look way better if you started exercising/lifting. i mean its not like youre gonna accidentally fall into being huge, again think early 70s iggy

[​IMG]

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

Can we curtail the fitness advice from WAYWT? I'm a meathead and it's even getting to me these days.

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

Binker, yes, that's sort of what I'm going for with the swimming, and maybe some pushups and situps for good measure. I'm not ACTUALLY too far off of that. Although my hips are larger, so I'll never look exactly like that, but I can probably get close.

15. telemark

telemark Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.