• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joei
IMHO your shirt would look better if it was ironed the curls on the bottom annoy me. Your pants look pressed but your shirt is grandpa status. Maybe I'm jaded, since I iron everything or have it pressed.

Originally Posted by joei
Yes. MTV : True Life - I Iron Everything ! But seriously, most things that are visible and can be ironed or pressed .... i iron or have pressed.

you should refrain from passing your neuroses onto others

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
^^^ Your username and avatar suck. That was such a terrible movie.

Your username sucks, it's the same as this one blowhard on SF who posts horrible fits with Gary Busey over his face and bitches about everything.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
yeah, button positioning on that jacket and the high rise of the trousers are not interacting well. plus theyre just huge everywhere, buy fashion trousers
-They are TB so I guess they would be fashion trousers, although collar problem did worry me.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ i was nearly right. Probably the same cut as the black fleece ones.

does the shirt have those plastic collar stay things? if it does, take them out. I find that collar stays actually make the collar sit worse.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
does the shirt have those plastic collar stay things? if it does, take them out. I find that collar stays actually make the collar sit worse.

Really? The collar on my MTM shirt sometimes sits weirdly, but I always have stays in. Maybe it'll work better if I take them out. I'll check it tomorrow though I'm just wearing a tee right now and have no need to change.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
You have a really similar aesthetic to the character Andre played by Rob Heubel on FX's "The League." Great show.

I'M INSIDE ME!

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha yeah - I will look, also I did a real bad job ironing the collar so it stuck out super weird. . . . Live and learn

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, people really need to stop using the phrase skinny-fat. Wow, people who have a little bit of fat and a little bit of muscle, but average to below average sized frames are NORMAL, not SKINNY FAT.

Really, is your view so warped because of the extremes of this forum? Yes, we have an above average amount of tiny dudes on this forum who are literally skin and bones, but have you looked AROUND you? Have you ever thought that, hey, maybe the reason why most people wear clothing a size too large is because they've got a gut?

There are like, two types of people who don't have guts...

People who work out a lot and keep their body's crazy fit.
The "sf skinny" people with marsupialed metabolisms and excessively slender frames.

I realize that's an oversimplification... but...

Styleforum has an excessively high number of these people, and I'm not saying that the average dudes shouldn't try to fix it (well, I think Aeglus has posted before and after pictures of himself going from chubs to badass) because you definitely can. But jeez, just call them average don't try to insultingly call them skinny fat.

I know someone is going to try to defend the term, by being like "oh hurr but skinny fat means you have a small frame with some fat" or some other bullshit. God, it's a dumb term, stop using it and especially applying it totally randomly.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, that was a wtf moment for me when I read people using that term in the health section. I was like wuuuut...

and yes I am skin & bones as well.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Also, people really need to stop using the phrase skinny-fat. Wow, people who have a little bit of fat and a little bit of muscle, but average to below average sized frames are NORMAL, not SKINNY FAT.

Really, is your view so warped because of the extremes of this forum? Yes, we have an above average amount of tiny dudes on this forum who are literally skin and bones, but have you looked AROUND you? Have you ever thought that, hey, maybe the reason why most people wear clothing a size too large is because they've got a gut?

There are like, two types of people who don't have guts...

People who work out a lot and keep their body's crazy fit.
The "sf skinny" people with marsupialed metabolisms and excessively slender frames.

I realize that's an oversimplification... but...

Styleforum has an excessively high number of these people, and I'm not saying that the average dudes shouldn't try to fix it (well, I think Aeglus has posted before and after pictures of himself going from chubs to badass) because you definitely can. But jeez, just call them average don't try to insultingly call them skinny fat.

I know someone is going to try to defend the term, by being like "oh hurr but skinny fat means you have a small frame with some fat" or some other bullshit. God, it's a dumb term, stop using it and especially applying it totally randomly.

SKINNY FAT RAGE!!!

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I'm skinny fat, no one is skinny XD http://imgur.com/ehVKm.jpg I'm just raging against idiocy. I wear 44 in Dior jackets and 27 in jeans lol no "fat" here. edit: Yup, Ande's, I love them
smile.gif
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads