The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

That Uniqlo jacket is great, would have gotten it if I didn't already have way too many jackets [​IMG]

Also how'd you size your RM Williams? TTS? I'm planning on getting some cubans once funds come in.

They're true to size. I'm a EU 41 and normally take a UK7 but I had to get a 7,5 due to my orthopedic insoles.

I'm with you on having too many jackets but I just couldn't pass it up for the price when I saw it in London.

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

They're true to size. I'm a EU 41 and normally take a UK7 but I had to get a 7,5 due to my orthopedic insoles.

I'm with you on having too many jackets but I just couldn't pass it up for the price when I saw it in London.

Yeah, the price on Uniqlo things in general is unbelievable considering the quality (which, though going down, is still pretty good). I'm figuring for fall I'll be wearing leather as much as possible, so I got the trucker jacket from Uniqlo in that fabric to fit that aesthetic. Believe me though, was really tempted as it fit really well.

Unrelated, but have some of you guys noticed that certain posters are total god-damned fanboys of certain brands? A certain someone in McQueen, a certain someone in Junya, a certain someone in Thom/BoO, me in Uniqlo+MTM, etc...

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

A certain someone in McQueen...
    Unfortunately going to have to sell the 1/2 of my McQueen I got while I wasn't finished losing weight. I think my wardrobe is still pretty varied - have a fair bit of W+H / NDG / NiCo for the militaryxworkwear vibe that sees more action in the winter. A little bit of baller sneaker / tucked slim jean thing on occasion too. And of course my work stuff which I'm trying to make more or less entirely TB / BBBF.

This is all assuming you meant me, can't think of who else. Oh and you forgot to mention a certain someone in Lanvin (though I guess he has almost as much MMM) and a certain someone in RO.

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I see you Aeglus, I see you playa.

5. holybich

holybich Senior member

actually heard this is quite good, no clue where to buy it though. gatsby is easy to find

ebay - but it's super expensive. just type in shiseido neo and it'll be 14 bucks for 80grams. i say that's expensive b/c in taiwan i got the same amount for 6. shipping cost from japan, i guess. and yes, it's very very good. just have to wash hair daily (if you skip a day it feels disgusting)

6. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

berlin report: that jacket is awesome. looks like some techno luxe fabric. im surprised its uniqlo. i normally only like their +J stuff.
    This is all assuming you meant me, can't think of who else. Oh and you forgot to mention a certain someone in Lanvin (though I guess he has almost as much MMM) and a certain someone in RO.
    you forgot prorsum [​IMG] but that rarely shows up in fit pics.

7. aeglus

Oh and you forgot to mention a certain someone in Lanvin (though I guess he has almost as much MMM) and a certain someone in RO.

Oh I missed a lot of people. After a while you notice that almost all of the regulars here have a certain brand as their go-to or base.

8. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

That Uniqlo jacket looks fresh...is it available in the NYC store? I haven't been there in about 3 weeks.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

ebay - but it's super expensive. just type in shiseido neo and it'll be 14 bucks for 80grams. i say that's expensive b/c in taiwan i got the same amount for 6. shipping cost from japan, i guess. and yes, it's very very good. just have to wash hair daily (if you skip a day it feels disgusting)

Does it work for the longer "wolf-mane" styles or is it just for shorter hair?

10. connor

connor Senior member

hard in the paint doesnt even hit

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

[​IMG] dh double layer crew 5thave tuxedo stripe pants grenson

12. erzu

erzu Senior member

^^ fey pose, lazy-eye azn syndrome, 'love the shoes, though.

13. erzu

erzu Senior member

jwied82, your fits are good, they look very "studied", if you get my drift. but can you open the blinds or drapes when you take your pic, and change your camera settings (maybe choose vivid) to compensate for shooting indoors. the pics look consistently drab, and do not show your subtle color play.

14. erzu

erzu Senior member

[​IMG]

too much patterns clashing there, dude. and burn any red buffalo plaid from your wardrobe.

15. aeglus

Does it work for the longer "wolf-mane" styles or is it just for shorter hair?

There's tons of different types, you can get either the stuff that's like straight up wax for extra strength with short hair or for roots, or the stuff that's more viscose and meant for styling. I can't compare to Gatsby but even though Shiseido is more popular in Japan and more expensive, it's probably not that much different that it's worth tracking down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.