• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
That Uniqlo jacket is great, would have gotten it if I didn't already have way too many jackets
smile.gif

Also how'd you size your RM Williams? TTS? I'm planning on getting some cubans once funds come in.

They're true to size. I'm a EU 41 and normally take a UK7 but I had to get a 7,5 due to my orthopedic insoles.

I'm with you on having too many jackets but I just couldn't pass it up for the price when I saw it in London.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
They're true to size. I'm a EU 41 and normally take a UK7 but I had to get a 7,5 due to my orthopedic insoles.

I'm with you on having too many jackets but I just couldn't pass it up for the price when I saw it in London.

Yeah, the price on Uniqlo things in general is unbelievable considering the quality (which, though going down, is still pretty good). I'm figuring for fall I'll be wearing leather as much as possible, so I got the trucker jacket from Uniqlo in that fabric to fit that aesthetic. Believe me though, was really tempted as it fit really well.

Unrelated, but have some of you guys noticed that certain posters are total god-damned fanboys of certain brands? A certain someone in McQueen, a certain someone in Junya, a certain someone in Thom/BoO, me in Uniqlo+MTM, etc...

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
A certain someone in McQueen...
Unfortunately going to have to sell the 1/2 of my McQueen I got while I wasn't finished losing weight. I think my wardrobe is still pretty varied - have a fair bit of W+H / NDG / NiCo for the militaryxworkwear vibe that sees more action in the winter. A little bit of baller sneaker / tucked slim jean thing on occasion too. And of course my work stuff which I'm trying to make more or less entirely TB / BBBF.

This is all assuming you meant me, can't think of who else. Oh and you forgot to mention a certain someone in Lanvin (though I guess he has almost as much MMM) and a certain someone in RO.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see you Aeglus, I see you playa.

holybich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
actually heard this is quite good, no clue where to buy it though. gatsby is easy to find

ebay - but it's super expensive. just type in shiseido neo and it'll be 14 bucks for 80grams. i say that's expensive b/c in taiwan i got the same amount for 6. shipping cost from japan, i guess. and yes, it's very very good. just have to wash hair daily (if you skip a day it feels disgusting)

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
berlin report: that jacket is awesome. looks like some techno luxe fabric. im surprised its uniqlo. i normally only like their +J stuff.
Originally Posted by AR_Six
This is all assuming you meant me, can't think of who else. Oh and you forgot to mention a certain someone in Lanvin (though I guess he has almost as much MMM) and a certain someone in RO.
you forgot prorsum
teacha.gif
but that rarely shows up in fit pics.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Oh and you forgot to mention a certain someone in Lanvin (though I guess he has almost as much MMM) and a certain someone in RO.

Oh I missed a lot of people. After a while you notice that almost all of the regulars here have a certain brand as their go-to or base.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Uniqlo jacket looks fresh...is it available in the NYC store? I haven't been there in about 3 weeks.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holybich
ebay - but it's super expensive. just type in shiseido neo and it'll be 14 bucks for 80grams. i say that's expensive b/c in taiwan i got the same amount for 6. shipping cost from japan, i guess. and yes, it's very very good. just have to wash hair daily (if you skip a day it feels disgusting)

Does it work for the longer "wolf-mane" styles or is it just for shorter hair?

erzu

Reaction score
^^ fey pose, lazy-eye azn syndrome, 'love the shoes, though.

erzu

Reaction score
jwied82, your fits are good, they look very "studied", if you get my drift. but can you open the blinds or drapes when you take your pic, and change your camera settings (maybe choose vivid) to compensate for shooting indoors. the pics look consistently drab, and do not show your subtle color play.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Does it work for the longer "wolf-mane" styles or is it just for shorter hair?

There's tons of different types, you can get either the stuff that's like straight up wax for extra strength with short hair or for roots, or the stuff that's more viscose and meant for styling. I can't compare to Gatsby but even though Shiseido is more popular in Japan and more expensive, it's probably not that much different that it's worth tracking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics