• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
gav's moiton pics far more appealing than anything else seen in waywt (cept zissou), dudes are just jealous of the swag it's understandable

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Not me but I'd like to see that skinny asian fellow who always wears db's not do the fake lift of the heel behind him. Now that is annoying.
same exact ****, he get's a pass because you two are gonna be buttbuddies on your trip overseas? It really isn't a walking pose, either. Saucemaster did walking poses. He is doing a photoshoot/forced swagger pose. Touchin' the stubble? I am guilty of the hand in pocket, though. But it's ok, i'm sure it does more for the fit than if he were standing still.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it more interesting to look at that pose, but i think thats only because he does it. if everyone in waywt did it (like lookbook.nu), it would get annoying.

On that same thought man lookbook.nu is hard to browse without feeling like a douchy hipster.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent, you have this strange hatred of hipsters. You wear plaid shirts, strange hats, tights jeans, and OC shoes among other things. What exactly separates you from these hipsters you so disdain?

EDIT: I see you edited out your "hipstery" comment. Now my criticism makes less sense.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah, i didn't think hipster described it correctly (hence the edit). But my disdain is for the hipster mentality/lifestyle. I truthfully admit that 'hipster style' has influenced me greatly, but hipsters are some of the worst people on earth. Its hard to explain, but if you go look at some pictures on LATFH, the pictures speak a thousand words.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol nil

fortunately I don't look at or read his comments

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
lol nil

fortunately I don't look at or read his comments

He just said his mom has cancer, jerkoff.
plain.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
Yah, i didn't think hipster described it correctly.

But my disdain is for the hipster mentality/superiority. I truthly admit that 'hipster style' has influenced me greatly, but hipsters are some of the worst people on earth.

So you jock their style but feel superior to them due to their superiority complex?

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, again an edit before the refresh.

i gotta stop submitting my drafts before I do the edits.

yah, I jock elements of the style. But ultimately I'm jockin the 60's more than anything. I also jock skinheads (docs, MA-1s).

I take what I like from each. But just as I am not a racist skinhead, I don't embrace a lot of hipster values.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But my disdain is for the hipster mentality/lifestyle. I truthfully admit that 'hipster style' has influenced me greatly, but hipsters are some of the worst people on earth.

Its hard to explain, but if you go look at some pictures on LATFH, the pictures speak a thousand words.

You strike me as the type of person who thinks people are laughing with you when they're actually laughing at you.

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
RO does not look good on larger people

jus sayin, I could never even wear that **** for fear of making myself look like a tool.

you dont even need to wear RO

m00ba77

Reaction score
It really isn't a walking pose, either.
These types of poses confuse me. I get criticized for my poses frequently because I apparently look like "a statue" or "superman". but the one in question seems to be: Oh hey, look... I'm walking... well, I'm sorta lumbering. It's because I've not nowhere in particular to go. On ****... what is this on the ground? I'd better shove my hands in my pocket while I'm walking. Oh **** this **** on the ground is still here... I'm still looking at it too, my whole head is pointed down to look at whatever it might be on the ground! Look how slowly I'm walking while I look at the ground. I'm sure it helps the fit seem more natural, but sometimes the focus on the pose seems to outweigh the focus on the clothing itself. It's as if a person could be wearing the finest outfit ever assembled, but they stood the wrong way... and therefore they are worthy of great ridicule! Here is my walking pose:
walking022610.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads